Change

Project Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She might have agreed to be his date for the party, but that didn’t mean HyunA wasn’t afraid. She had always hated crowds after being lost once while on a school trip but thankfully, Kris had gone back looking for her when even the teachers didn’t realize that she was gone. Although both of them ended up being lost together, they had each other for company until the teacher finally came for them. Had she fallen for Kris then? But they were young elementary school kids, what did she know about love? All she knew was that he had always been by her side since then and it was a stab through her heart when Kris left for Canada. Maybe it was then, that she really understood her feelings for him.

Twisting her fingers while she waited for the Wu’s chauffeur to pick her up, HyunA realized how long she had been waiting for Kris to see her more than a friend. It was only recently that she made her move but she could feel there’s more than just her changed appearance. Kris had warned her against it, but she knew something within her had also changed. Still, she couldn’t fault her makeover entirely. She made new friends and developed new hobbies. She felt happier than before. But one thing would never change – she’s still waiting for him.

When a familiar car pulled up instead of the Wu’s luxurious limousine, HyunA felt her heart thumping. The door on the driver’s side opened and exiting the vehicle was none other than Kris in his tux with his hair perfectly pulled back. It was like the old school anime and manga that she watched and read as she grew up, where the male character would make his grand entrance and roses would blossom around him, adding on to the dreamy prince charming effect. Kris Wu was like a manga character that came to life.

“My mum had especially told me to relay this message so I hope you haven’t already bought anything. You’re not allowed to bring any gifts for my parents.” He took long strides to her side and held the door open for her.
“But it’s their anniversary, I can’t go empty handed.” She raised an eyebrow at him questioningly.
“Well, she said she’s not going to accept any present from you. If it makes you feel better, I told her that my present was from the both of us.”
She slid into his car quietly, but his words definitely didn’t make her feel better. In fact, she felt like an outsider who could never fit into his world. The Wus had everything and regardless what she gifted, it would never be of enough value.

The party was already in full swing when Kris made his entrance. He had offered his hand to HyunA who took it gratefully and the pair received jealous and envious stares from everyone as they weaved through the crowd. The pair was immediately stopped by some business partners who wanted to butter up to the sole successor of the Wus and Kris was polite enough to stay for a little chat. HyunA fidgeted beside him and he could feel her uneasiness from her tightening grip on his arm. Smoothly excusing himself with a smile, he led her further into the garden before finding the opportune time to check on her. “Are you doing okay?” he casted a worried look and stretched out his hand to pull back a few strands of stray hair from her face. Looking at how concerned he was for her, HyunA nodded and pulled an assuring smile. This was the only reason why she would want to show up at a party. Kris Wu.

Swirling the flute of champagne in her hands, her ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter