The First Fight

Project Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With already one foot into his vehicle, the ringing of his phone made him pause to check the screen, about to thank God for letting HyunA be safe until he caught the caller ID.
“Hey, Kris? Do you know that—”
“It’s an emergency here, Lay. HyunA is missing! Call you back later, bye.” He was about to cut the call when he caught a flurry of extremely loud vulgarities in Chinese. Lay was hardly ever this expressive but when he was, it means he must be really pissed off. “I’d kill whoever annoyed you after I found HyunA okay? You know it’s dangerous with her fanboys—”
“Will you freaking stop to listen?! She’s safe!” the usually composed boy placed emphasis on his last sentence. “She’s grinding against L in the dance studio!” now Kris knew that was to spite him. Of course he knew, but he was too agitated to think properly.
“What the are you drunk on, Zhang Yixing?”

He swears Lay could be so difficult sometimes. He hardly ever talks but when he does it’s always shocking and he doesn’t ever make enough sense. “Where the hell is that dance studio?” before Kris could ask for directions, Lay had hung up on him after giving him a piece of his mind in a rather unrefined manner. “I can spout my vulgarities in four freaking languages, Zhang Yixing, just wait till I find you. That guy is either drunk or hallucinating!” and he would take a minute to thank Lady Luck, because before him stood the blonde baby face enjoying his taro bubble tea.
“Kris! No basketball practice today?”

“Seriously Kris, what’s wrong with you? You’ve never expressed interest in our dance studio before!” Luhan could obviously catch on with how anxious the younger one was, but he found the sight too amusing to miss.
“Just walk!” Kris barked, the taro bubble tea held firmly in his grip as hostage until Luhan took him to the studio.
“I don’t feel like going for dance practice today.” Pulling out the cinema app in his phone, he started scrolling with a smug grin. “Wanna catch a movie with me?”
“Before I break your precious Rubik’s cube.” Kris narrowed his eyes on the elder. Sometimes he does wonder how he made friends with a bunch of weird people. But for now, his childhood best friend is his priority.

“Seriously, trust you to be learning from L out of all of us.” Hoya shook his head and laughed while pointing at Myungsoo. “That guy with his freestyle dancing!”
“Yah I put in enough effort for routines!”
“You’d be nothing without us.” Dongwoo butted in and playfully poked Myungsoo’s injured arm, earning a death glare in return. Watching their interactions, this was the kind of afternoon that HyunA had always dreamt of. Perhaps not dancing, but just hanging out with friends after class and making jokes out of each other. She’d always been envious of cliques. Being too reserved and a plain Jane, she simply faded into the background when every other girl was more attractive. Even if she tried striking conversations, they could never hold the exchange for long as she never had common interests as them. She had never been interested in dancing but Myung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter