Lucky Strike

Project Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe Kris did manage to develop some form of superpower. After making his confession, neither of them spoke for a long time and HyunA seemed too stunned to move. Had he just cast a time stopping spell with his confession or what? Is she thinking of a way to reject him? Kris cleared his throat and broke the eye contact that had gone from romantic to awkward. ‘Maybe I shouldn’t have done that. I knew it would ruin our friendship, I just knew it! Now we can’t even go back to being friends without being awkward.’ He wanted to punch himself for making such a huge mistake despite warning himself repeatedly to stick by his belief. ‘This is all Luhan’s fault for forcing his nonsensical logic on me.’
“Does that mean we can go on dates?” a tiny voice interrupted his mental cursing and he snapped his head to look at her in shock. Had she just said what he thought she said?

“Wha—I didn’t quite catch that.”
“I saying if you like me the romantic way, does it mean we can go on a date?”
“Of course we should…” he rubbed his nape nervously. “…if we’re seeing each other.”
“Would you drive me to and fro school from now on?”
“If you don’t mind being late for classes.”
“Can we have couple items?” She assaulted him with another question, growing confident with every reply from him. It meant that he was serious about her, about their relationship.
“Nothing too cutesy.”
“Can I kiss you?” she dropped the question that had been on her mind for the longest time, her active imagination conjuring countless hot and y scenes. She felt Kris stiffening when he realized what she had just asked him. ‘Had I been too bold? Maybe I scared him off.’ She her lips nervously and pulled the blanket higher so she could cover her blushing face with it, but his grip on her wrists stopped her.  And then, she felt the most marvelous sensation she had ever come across in her life as he placed his luscious lips softly over hers.

Despite HyunA telling him repeatedly not to report the kidnapping, he couldn’t just leave it at that. Whoever dared to lay fingers on his precious HyunA would have their fingers deep fried into sausages. Which was why when the private investigator he hired told him that Xiumin was the mastermind behind it all, he had such a hard time deciding if he wanted to keep this buddy. Now that he thought about it, Luhan must have been in it as well, since he dropped his enlightening speech just before the kidnapping scare. ‘Tsk, what a childish bunch. Why did I even become friends with them?’ Although he was cursing them out mentally, a tiny smile hung on his lips. ‘They know me even better than I know myself.’

///

[7 months later]

“You’re late!” HyunA huffed and pointed an accusing finger at the blond giant making his way through the crowd towards her. “Don’t you know how many things we have planned for today?” she crossed her arms and turned her back on him when he tried to pull her into a hug.
“C’mon, I went to get these. Don’t you want to see what I custom made for us?” he flashed a shiny leather box before her and immediately all her walls crumbled. It was the couple item he promised but kept its identity a strict secret for months. Pulling the lid open excitedly, her jaw dropped at the gorgeous Swarovski studded frame. “Are these really couple watches for us?”
“I suppose they could be friendship watches if you wish.” Kris shrugged with a smug smile and smoothly avoided the smack that HyunA wanted to land on him.
“It’s gorgeous. Thank you, Kris.” She murmured as she pulled up against him, wrapping her arms securely around his neck before kissing him.
“You do know we’re on a really busy street.” Yet he didn’t let go of his hold around her waist despite his words.
“I know. And I want the whole world to know that you’re mine.”

Her fingers interlaced with Kris’, HyunA’s good mood was evident with her being all smiles as he muttered sweet nothings in her ear. On top of that, she was rocking her freshly colored blonde bob and she never felt so fabulous before. “How about that shirt?” she glanced at the display mannequin Kris pointed out.
“Nah, it’s not Myungsoo’s style.” She entered the boutique and started flipping through the racks, Kris trailing behind her like a jealous puppy.
“What’s the point of asking me along when none of my suggestions are his style?” he pouted.
“Do I smell jealousy from the mighty Krisus?” she chuckled as she pulled out a plaid shirt. “Let’s get this!”

“Wow, Lizzy. Wow! Did you really decorate this place by yourself?” Tao marveled as the EXO boys stepped into the completely beautified chalet – she had obviously done a great job of balancing styl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter