Beneath the Surface

Project Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It felt great actually knowing people besides Myungsoo, Kris and that scary wushu guy Tao. During her free period, HyunA bumped into Nana at the library and the latter had invited her to sit at the same table. “It must be annoying having a bunch of them following you everywhere.” Nana pointed out HyunA’s group of protectors who are tailing her from afar.
“You’re so gorgeous; you must have had it worse.” HyunA placed her bag down and noticed that Nana wasn’t sitting alone. “I’m sorry, am I intruding?”
“Nah, meet my fraternal twin sister, Lizzy.” The said twin raised her head and grinned widely, her eyes glinting cheerfully. “She didn’t come for our dance practice yesterday as she was sick.”
“You must be HyunA! I’ve heard so much about you from L!” Lizzy jumped from her seat and pulled HyunA into a suffocating hug, ignoring the glances from the other library users at her loudness. Coughing, HyunA pulled a weak smile as she freed herself from the embrace and hoping she had not just made things awkward between them.

“You’re going to see a lot of her so it’s best you just get used to it. I think she’s overdosing on sugar or something.” Nana shook her head as she took her seat. HyunA noted the vast differences between the twins immediately. Although one was cool and the other vivacious, both were attractive in their own ways.
“Ahh this table is full of goddesses I think they need to put the blinds down otherwise it’s going to shine too brightly.” Lizzy’s joke had Nana rolling her eyes but HyunA giggled in amusement. Now she really feels indebted to Myungsoo for introducing her to his friends. Without his help, she would totally be missing out on the fun people in her life.

“Lizzy, you mentioned something about Myungsoo earlier…” HyunA pulled her attention back to reality at the thought of Myungsoo.
“Oh, L? For someone who always went HyunA this and that, it sure took him long enough to introduce you to us!” Lizzy displayed a look of disapproval. “He’s always talking about how you’re good in everything but so clueless when it comes to style. I’m glad he made you go through the makeover though. Do you know how difficult it was for me to bear down the urge to go up to you and chat when--”
Maybe it’s the makeover and the recent events, but HyunA found herself tuning people out more and more often as she dived into her own thoughts. ‘Although he was plain mean, he actually complimented me in front of his friends. He also hid his popularity and the fact that he is a dancer. And it’s obvious how he’s trying to help me get over my inferior complex now… just… who are you, Kim Myungsoo?’

Skipping classes was never her style, but HyunA stayed behind after the twins had excused themselves to return to their classes. Propping her chin on her hand, her fingertips lightly drummed the table top as she grasped the distinction between Myungsoo and Kris. Sure, Myungsoo’s popularity couldn’t compare to Kris’, but he had never once distanced himself from her and she ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter