The Protective Fence

Project Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If there was anything she could do, it was to heed Myungsoo’s advice and wait for Kris to come to her. Besides, she really didn’t want to be the first one to apologize when she has done nothing wrong. “Idiot! Ben ben!” HyunA stabbed at the rice with her chopsticks and immediately gasped realizing she has ruined her hard work. Trying to calm herself down so she could salvage the once adorable rice ball that has been shaped into a bear, she blew her fringe out of her face as she put all of her attention back onto the lunch box she was preparing.

It was partly to thank Myungsoo for saving her that day (although it was really Tao who did all the fighting) and partly to spite Kris. Since their quarrel a week ago, HyunA has started preparing lunch boxes to share with Myungsoo. She has never put in this much effort into cooking before. In fact, not even for her home economics class. Even if her food isn’t the best tasting, she decided to make up for it with its appearance which explains her shortening sleeping hours and lengthened hours spent in the kitchen.

“Seriously, do you think I abuse animals or something? How do you expect me to eat food that’s been shaped into animals? I appreciate your effort but I’m really fine with normal food.” Myungsoo furrowed his brows as he tried to work out a plan for eating the innocent looking bear in the least cruel method possible. Just yesterday, HyunA had shrieked at him because he chose to begin eating from the head of the puppy, gorging out its eyes with his first scoop of rice.
“This is how you thank me after I spend my precious sleeping hours preparing food for you?” HyunA snapped and made a move to snatch the lunchbox out of his hands, but he hurriedly protected his food with his free hand.
“No, I’m just trying to say that you’ve been working too hard preparing lunch for me. Maybe you should take some rest because I’d appreciate your cooking all the same even if they’re not fanciful looking.”
“Smooth talker.”
“Thank you.”

Mirroring the way HyunA started eating from the body of the bear, Myungsoo sighed inwardly at how complicated it is to be just having lunch. He could tell how much effort she had been putting in though, as her cooking improves day by day. Sometimes he would wonder if she was just trying to practice her cooking skills for Kris and using him as a guinea pig to test her creations. In fact, he never really understood why she was so attracted to him. “Can I ask you a question?” Myungsoo stopped eating and eyed her intently.
“Hmm?” she merely hummed in reply as her attention is still on her food.
“Why do you like him so much?” he was blunt with his question. HyunA choked on the soup she was drinking and sputtered as she tried to recollect herself.
“Wha—Why are you suddenly asking this?!” she glared at him with widened eyes.
“It’s just… he’s such a playboy. Do girls really like the bad boy image so much?” the irony in his question, when he was the one who told her that guys like girls who are slightly dangerous.
“He isn’t a playboy. Or maybe he just appears to be one. Kris is just trying to protect himself.”

There are no words to describe how perfect his life was right now. He managed to clinch the top position in the school ranking for the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter