Jealousy

Project Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t worry, he’ll be fine.” Tao smiled reassuringly.
“But shouldn’t we follow the ambulance to the hospital?”
“I know wushu, those superficial injuries on him are nothing. Trust me okay?” he hopped onto his motorbike. “Now, hold tight!” without waiting for HyunA to get ready, he revved up the engine and she wrapped her arms around his waist in panic.
“Go slower!” she shouted over the roar of the engine and tried to leave some space between the two of them by just clutching onto his leather jacket. Bad move, as she nearly falls off around a sharp bend.

“Hold tight unless you want to turn into a bloody mess!” he pulled the vehicle into an abrupt stop and her forehead smacked onto his back. His chuckle perforated the silence and HyunA sulked as she rubbed her forehead. “Okay, I’m not kidding when I tell you to hold on to me. We’ve a test for our first class and I really need to get to school before I miss it.” HyunA nodded her head reluctantly and placed her bag between them before comfortably leaning forward to wrap her arms around him again.
“Do you think I’m a ert?” his question was barely audible as the engine came to life once again.
“Wh-what? I mean… you’re Kris’ friend… you…” HyunA stuttered, embarrassed that her shy actions were misunderstood.
“Darn right! I might just get a hard on if you press your chest against my back again!” Tao’s shrill laughter reminded HyunA to never get near this weird panda boy ever again.

He pulled up into the parking lot expertly, sending dust in all directions to unsuspecting students who were rushing into the school building. ‘Talk about grand entrance.’ HyunA quickly jumped off and smoothed over the creases in her clothes, not totally oblivious to the gawking stares and jealous vibes from the female population. It was bad enough she turned into a school belle overnight, and now she showed up for school with one of the most popular seniors in school. “HyunA,” a deep husky voice pulled her back to reality, but not for long, as her heart starts thumping twice its normal speed. “Why were you with Tao?” Kris raised an eyebrow at his buddy although he directed the question towards his childhood best friend. More gasps emitted from the fangirls as they overheard their prince address HyunA by name.
“She was cornered by some wusses when she tried to come to school. Saw her on the way and I couldn’t possibly leave her alone.” Tao answered on her behalf and Kris immediately cast a worried glance in her direction. Besides looking a little distraught, she seems free of any injury.
“Thanks, Tao. You saved her life.” he patted his buddy on the back but his attention was never diverted from HyunA. “I’m sending you to and fro school from now onwards. Don’t be late!” Kris waved as he made his way to class with Tao, leaving her to soak in his words.
‘Kris is going to pick me up for school. Kris is going to send me home. Oh. My. God! Kris is finally breaking that freaking rule for us to pretend to be strangers in school!’

The smirk on Kris’ face never once faltered and even when he was filling in the blanks in his test, his mind was revolving around HyunA’s shy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter