Ben Ben

Project Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The only logical reason for him to start hallucinating about HyunA has to be because he misses having her around. They were best friends who haven’t been separated again ever since his return from Canada and here they are fighting over something as ridiculous as after class activities. He has to patch things up with HyunA and things would be all right again, or so he thought. “Okay Kris Wu, keep your temper in check, you’re the one who encouraged her to get her crush so don’t be unreasonable about how she wants to spend her time.” He chanted over and over before he finally sounded the doorbell.

Kris could tell that HyunA had been busy in the kitchen from the apron that was around her waist and he raised an eyebrow. “Another new hobby?”
“What brings the great Krisus here?” HyunA didn’t like his tone at all although she was glad to finally see him again. He had been avoiding her for the longest time and the moment he shows up at her doorstep, he judges her?
“Oh,” the said man lowered his head and started rubbing his nape nervously. “Just… you know…”
“No, I don’t know, Kris. Last time I checked mindreading isn’t one of my hobbies yet.” HyunA left the task of closing the door to him and returned to her spot behind the kitchen counter where she had been trying to prepare side dishes. Kris groaned inwardly for messing things up again and trailed behind her, feeling his body (and ego) of a giant slowly shrinking.
“I’m sorry.” His voice was so muffled and deep that the words were slurring together, but she caught it all the same and it made her snap her head up to look at him with her large doe eyes.
“I’m sorry,” He repeated clearly this time while meeting her gaze. “For being a jerk.”

As the seconds ticked passed with neither making another move, Kris began to feel himself slowly shrinking away again and he broke the eye contact awkwardly. He was honestly at a loss of what to do since this wasn’t one of the possible scenarios that he had envisioned. Thankfully, suppressed giggles sounded and when he looked up again, HyunA had doubled over all ready to laugh. “Gosh, why would you make an apology sound as if someone died?”
“Seriously,” Kris narrowed his eyes on her feeling irritated, but sighed in the end. “I’m going to assume you have accepted my apology.”
“As long as you don’t make a big deal out of things again. You really ruined my mood that day!” HyunA puffed out her cheeks and Kris wasted no time in pinching them, cracking a huge grin as he did so. He could feel it already – that the weight has finally been lifted off his chest.

“So… why are you preparing all these carrots?” Kris scrunched his face at the mention of the orange vegetable and flicked the nearest strand of grated carrot further from him.
“I’m going to make some carrot salad. I know you hate carrots but please refrain from touching my carrots… YAH, KRIS WU!” her sentence ended in a rush as she smacked his hands away in attempt to save her precious vegetables from ending

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter