D-Day

Project Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“HyunA!” Luhan shouted while he waved a stick of cotton candy excitedly in the air. “Do you want some cotton candy too?” Standing beside him was Lay who snatched the hot dog bun out of Luhan’s hand while grumbling about him pigging out on junk food.  
“C’mon, it’s just one day!” Luhan argued as he stuffed the cotton candy into Lay’s mouth. Ignoring their childish exchange was Chen who was too engrossed in flirting with the female student tending the food stall. HyunA couldn’t help but laugh at how they were acting for their age. She felt the weight of an arm being slung around her shoulders and Xiu Min appeared with two cups of ddeokbokki. Stuffing one cup into her hands, he grinned. “My treat! If you’re still hungry we can get some odeng too.”
“Nah, the odeng should be my return treat.”
“Treat?!” Chen and Luhan turned her way when they heard her conversation with Xiu Min. “Count us in please!”

“All thanks to you greedy people we only have five minutes to get to the stage! Hurry up!” Lay snapped as he threw a look at Luhan and Chen who were still chomping on their food. HyunA hastened her pace, deciding that she could leave them behind if they weren’t interested in the opening performance. She had promised Nana she’d watch them from the first row and besides, she would still want to see them perform even without the promise because she wanted to show her support for Myungsoo.

“Are you ready?” Lizzy eyed her troubled friend while stretching her legs.
“Just nervous.” Myungsoo sighed. Who wouldn’t be when unprepared? Although he had spent all of last night going through every single step thoroughly, he felt anything but confident.
“Myungsoo, you’ve to switch to L.” Nana threw a bottle of water his way. “Your calm and collected side will pull you through.” He wishes he could. He had been trying to channel his attention onto the dance but his mind just wouldn’t focus as his thoughts drift off to HyunA. ‘Would she be watching? What if I screw up in front of her? What if she doesn’t even come to watch me?’
“Kim Myungsoo,” Lizzy’s face appeared a few millimeters away from his, jolting him out of his thoughts. “This is the only chance I’m able to create for you to impress her since you’re too chickened to confess your feelings for her. Don’t screw it up, Myungsoo. Don’t disappoint me.”

///

Squeezing her way through with Lay by her side, HyunA managed to clinched center spot right before the stage just as the music came on. She was familiar to the set up by now, but she was still excited to watch the proper full performance. As the trio moved in sync to the beat, her heart thumped faster as she anticipated the next move. Beside her, Lay was casually swaying his body to the beat but his eyes were trained on them.  The pace started picking up and drew a loud cheer from the crowd when Nana half sat on his lap in order for him to place her atop the table. HyunA clasped her hands tightly as she waited for the highlight where Lizzy would hook a leg around Myungsoo’s neck before flipping down into a split. She knew it was the part which Myungsoo always struggled with but surely all those trips to the gym must have helped with his strength.

Dribbling the ball as he maneuvered across the court, Kris’ gaze flitted across the crowd in search for his best friend. Only when the ball got slapped away from his hand did he realize that he hadn’t been defending himself from the opponents. s looked at him in disbeli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter