Butterfly’s Transformation

Project Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HyunA spun the pen between her fingers as she thought about Myungsoo’s words. ‘That guy has gone nuts. Either that or he’s pulling my leg. As he said, I’m just a nobody. I wouldn’t even know Kris if we hadn’t met in kindergarten.’ She was too busy to realize that she had been doodling her thoughts again.
“Kim HyunA,” hearing a familiar seductive voice, HyunA instantly looked over her shoulder in a natural response. She immediately met with a finger waiting to poke her on her cheek. She smiled and brushed the hand away, instantly turning into a shy little girl. “How old are you, Kris? Don’t you ever get tired of poking my cheek?” She touched her cheek where the finger had rested earlier.
“Don’t you ever get tired of falling for the same trick?” Kris chuckled and pulled up next to her. She was too preoccupied with his presence that she didn’t notice he had started reading off her notebook.
“Who is this Kim Myungsoo?” he raised an eyebrow at the heart shapes and question marks circling his name. Gasping, she pulled the book out of his grip and hid it behind her back while thinking about Myungsoo’s words. ‘It is now or never, HyunA!’
“Myungsoo… he’s… Myungsoo is… my crush.”

The air must have gone sparse as HyunA suddenly found it difficult to breathe. Trying to inhale deeply, it occurred to her that she had been holding onto her breath as she waited for his reaction. Kris’ face was difficult to read. He frowned very slightly before turning into a state of confusion and finally settled on laughing. Clapping his hands together, he was grinning so widely that HyunA felt it must have been a trap for Kris to completely give up on her instead – if he harbored any secret feelings, that is. “Stop it!” she threw her pencil case at him which he caught single handedly.
“Excuse me for my rudeness, but I have to say… finally! Frankly speaking, I was getting worried that you’ve been single till now. In fact I was beginning to think you might be secretly dating behind my back!” Kris tossed the notebook back onto the table before pulling her into a tight embrace. “Good job!” HyunA would have enjoyed the skinship very much if it was actually for a right reason. Alas, it was a congratulatory hug which she would prefer without.

“Tell me about this guy! How long do you know him? How did you even know him?”
“He’s my lab partner in class. I suppose he’s a very responsible and nice guy. Rather athletic too.” HyunA tried to sound as enthusiastic as she could possibly be about someone whom she really wanted to slaughter right now.
“Regardless of his ideal type, I’m sure he’s a normal guy who likes ladies with a little mysterious and y vibe. You’re too much of an opposite, being an open book and sometimes being even a little violent for a girl.” Kris shook his head and HyunA couldn’t help but feel horrible knowing how she differed so much from an ideal type of girl.
“Hey, chin up!” Kris tilted her head upwards by her chin. “Don’t worry about it, I’m your best friend, remember? I’ll definitely help you out.” He started packing her books and HyunA quickly got on her feet. “How are you going to help me?”
“By giving you a complete makeover, of course.” done piling the books onto HyunA’s outstretched arm, he started wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter