II.

Shattered

2 > > >

 

           Luhan ran his fingers impatiently through his hair. He had to arrive in the meeting place as soon and as fast as possible, but the stupid girl who bumped into him earlier just had to make him loose a few precious seconds of his time. That definitely did not help him in this rush.

           "Thank you."

           Luhan stopped in his tracks and looked back. He knew this voice. It was the voice he couldn't stop yearning for for years. It was her voice, and he was sure of it. There was no way he would mistake someone else's voice for hers. 

           His eyes searched the crowd desperately, hoping to find her, to find the one girl that he has loved all his life. He couldn't have imagined the voice, could he?

           He stopped.   *Actually, I could.*

 

           "Luhan! Yah, Luhan-oppa~"

           Luhan turned to face the chirpy voice and gave her a tight-lipped smile. "Hey, Krystal, what's wrong?"

           The bubbly girl tucked her long black hair behind her ear and gave Luhan a scolding look. "Sehun-oppa and the others have been looking for you. What took you so long?"

           Luhan raised his brow and scoffed.  "Sehun-oppa?"

           Krystal rubbed the back of her neck and pouted. "Geez, you make such a big deal out of a single word."

           Luhan shook his head slightly in amusement and hit Krystal lightly on her head. "You should remember that he is one year younger than you, Krystal."

           Krystal swatted Luhan's hand away and frowned. "Enough about this! We're, well, you are making Se-, I mean, them wait."

           Luhan casually placed his long arms around Krystal and laughed.

           "We better get going then~"

           "That's what I've bee--"

           Luhan placed his finger on Krystal's lips and smirked. "Shh, we shouldn't let Sehun-oppa wait, remember? and by the way, just a piece of advice, your Sehun-oppa does not like nosy girls~"

           Krystal turned beet red and pushed Luhan away quickly. "Y-yah! You're supposed to be an innocent deer, angel, or whatever those girls call you. Live up to it!"

           Luhan wagged his finger teasingly at Krystal's face. "That's where you're wrong. It's hot, manly, handsome fallen angel not those weird mixed up fantasies you're thinking of."

           Krystal flicked him on the forehead before he could continue. "You better stop over-praising yourself before you end up like Chanyeol-oppa."

 

           It was the truth. He really wasn't as innocent or as angel-like as those annoying squealing girls portrayed him to be. In fact, he just wanted to have a peaceful life, a life that he would never ever have. 

 

< | >

           Yoona continued to trudge up the path to the fine arts building. The autumn air was cold and crisp, and the leaves had turned into shades of red and orange. She smiled as she watched a leaf slowly fall to her feet. Autumn was her favorite season. She loved seeing the vibrant colors of the falling leaves. In her small and dull world, the leaves surely brought colors.

           While walking, she spotted a tall cherry blossom tree. The tree was bearing its leaves in shades of orange and yellow instead of its usual pink flowers and their green leaves.

           "I guess autumn doesn't spare even the beautiful flowers of the cherry blossom tree."

           Yoona looked up to the colorful leaves that shaded her from the bright sun. She could still see a few surviving blossoms. They were still beautiful nonetheless.

           She was about to turn back to her original path when she noticed a figure leaning on the tree. The boy's eyes were closed, and you could hear his steady breathing.

           "Is he sleeping?" Yoona asked softly to no one in particular.

           She approached him and observed his soft features. His red hair matched the patch of leaves that gathered around his sleeping figure but did not match his brown eyebrows. His skin was white, and his cheeks looked so soft. It made Yoona want to poke it, but of course she couldn't do that. She didn't even know why she was here watching a stranger sleep.

           When she realized what she was doing, Yoona felt herself flush. She quickly turned away and decided to continue trudging to her designated building. Her back was already facing him when his hand suddenly reached out to stop her.

           "Y-Yoona, don't go."

           His voice was barely a whisper, but she heard it. The mysterious sleeping stranger had called her by her name when she hadn't even known who he was. 

           Yoona slowly turned her body to face the the stranger, but his eyes were still closed. *Is he still asleep?*

           "Umm, excuse me. Are you okay?" 

           The boy's grip on her was not loosening, and she would need to wake him up to remove his long, slender fingers from around her thin wrist. She crouched to make her voice clearer.

           "Excuse me--"

           The boy opened his eyes, and it was one of the most beautiful eyes that Yoona had ever seen. His dark orbs seem to draw her to him. He had this otherworldly feel about him.

           "Who are you?"

           His lips was set in a thin line, and his eyes seemed to pierce through Yoona.

           "I-I'm uh. . . . I think you know me though since you called my name in your sleep."

           The boy's eyes suddenly widened upon realization. "Y-Yoona?"

           "Yes, but do I know you?"

           The boy smiled, and Yoona could see dimples form on his cheeks.

           "No, no, you don't."

           And with that, the boy rose up and left Yoona quite stunned in the same position.

 

< | >

Annyeong again~ :3

I'm glad I was able to double update today! I was amazed when I found out some one had already subscribed. and I just want to say Thank you very much!!! I really appreciate you guys for taking your time to read my fanfics~
Just wondering, who do you think the mysterious sleeping stranger is? 

I hope you're enjoying~ See you in the next chapter~ <3