XVII.

Shattered


17 > > >

 

             Kris was simply patching up his cut when the door to the nurse's room suddenly slid open to reveal two boys supporting a frail looking Yoona.

​             Panic and Surprise would be an understatement to how he felt then.

​             He quickly rushed forward to help Yoona, not minding the other two boys that were there with her. He was too worried to care about who was in the room, too worried to notice Baekhyun and Chanyeol who was most definitely looking at him with shock.

​             He let Yoona lie on the empty bed and sat down beside her. He looked at her worriedly and brushed her hair away from her face. He frowned when he saw the bleeding cut on her cheek.

​             "Are you okay? What happened to you?"

​             Yoona smiled weakly and waved Kris's worried look away, "It's nothing, Kris. Just a minor headache."

​             From the side, Baekhyun frowned and shook his head.

​             "Definitely not a minor headache," he muttered to no one in particular. Kris, with his sharp ears, heard this and finally seemed to acknowledge the two's presence in the room. He turned to face them and his eyes widened.

​             "B-Baekhyun?"

​             The said boy shrugged and smiled at him awkwardly, his usual cheerfulness, gone.

​             "Long time no see, I guess."

​             "H-hi. . . ." Chanyeol greeted gingerly as he waved to Kris who was too focused on Baekhyun's presence. Even Chanyeol seemed to lack his usual cheerful demeanor.

​             Kris pursed his lips and hummed an acknowledgement, suddenly interested at the floor, while Yoona furrowed her brows as she looked from Baekhyun to Kris.

​             "You know each other?"

​             The both of them nodded awkwardly.

             "I'm here too. . . ." Chanyeol voiced out once more, upset with the fact that his presence was ignored.

​             "That's not important, Chanyeol," Bakehyun sighed and faced Kris. "Take care of Yoona, hy--Kris. I have some important things to take care of."

​             "Umm, sure, but--"

​             "Let's go, Chanyeol."

​             The two of them exited the room, and Kris let out a sigh of relief. He turned to face Yoona with a resigned expression, his eyes dark and cloudy.

​             "I'm guessing that's not a minor headache."

​             Yoona closed her eyes and nodded weakly, not noticing the difference in how Kris was acting.

​             Kris shook his head and patted Yoona's head with a frown. 

​             "You stress yourself too much. Rest for now."

​             Yoona mumbled a yes before falling into a deep sleep.

​             Kris pursed his lips as he watched her sleep peacefully. He looked at her sadly and closed his eyes.

​             "You have no idea what's happening around you, Yoona. Hopefully, it'll be different this time, Yoona. Hopefully, you won't die, hopefully."

​             

< | >

​             Luhan ran his fingers through his hair with a groan. He had to find a way to relieve himself of his feelings and stress. Too much things were just happening at the same time, and it just frustrated him. It frustrated him so much he couldn't get his thoughts straight.

​             Did he love her? Well, he wasn't exactly sure. Maybe he did; maybe he didn't.

​             Why did he run away? He had to clear his thoughts away from her. *Because I'm not in love. I'm not in love. I'm not in love. I'm in love. I'm in lo--NO. I'm not.*

             He sighed as he sank down on the old wooden bench. He didn't know why but the way and order all these events took place seemed all too familiar, all too scaringly familiar. *I meet her the first time. . . . 

 

            She cleared and reached out her hand with a forced smile.  "Let's start it this way. I'm *************, you?"

            The boy scoffed.  "Why should I tell you my name?"

            The girl took his hand and shook it.  "It's nice to meet you, why should I tell you my name."

            The boy could feel a smile creep up to his face and momentarily forgot about the problems that were haunting him. *Interesting girl.*

            "Luhan."

            The girl leaned closer.  "What did you say?"

            "My name is Luhan."

 

             *I meet her the second time. . . .

 

             "Luhan!!!"

             ​The boy turned to face whereever the loud voice was coming from.

             ​"Luhan! You're Luhan, right, the 'why should I tell you my name' guy from the cafe?"

             ​Luhan raised his brow at the suddenness of the lady in front of him and scoffed.

             "Yes, I remember. You're that interestingly insolent girl, who didn't seem to notice the 'stay away and leave me alone' aura I was giving off , that I met after my girlfriend's funeral."

             ​The girl looked surprised for a moment. Slowly, the surprise turned into guilt, and she looked down in shame.

             ​"I, I'm sorry. I didn't realize. I'm so stupid. I should have known from the sad look in your eyes."

             ​"Hey. It's alright."

             ​"Heck, I should have known from your all black get-up."

             ​"Umm, hey. It's okay I tell you."

             ​"I was so dense. I'm so stupid! I'm so stupid!"

             ​Luhan sighed and shook his head in amusement as the girl continued rattling off. He cupped the girl's cheeks and made her look at him.

             ​"Do you wanna get coffee?"

             ​The girl looked at him blankly, surprise clear in her big brown eyes. He watched as she nervously cleared .

             ​"C-coffee?"

             ​The boy chuckled at the girl's innocence. 

             ​"Yes, coffee."

             ​ She bit her lip. "Uuh. . . . ."

             ​The boy smiled. "I'll take that as a yes."

             ​He got the girl's hand and dragged her away, away to the coffee shop they first met.

 

 

             *We meet again and again, and it leads me to fall in love with her even when I shouldn't. I get her in danger, and I stay away, but s-she dies. . . . . *

             ​Luhan suddenly remembered several instances with Yoona. He felt his heart beating faster at the thought.

​             "This is how it went with Yoona too. . . . I-it's the same. . . . "

             His eyes widened, and he felt his blood run cold.

​             "W-will Yoona die too?"

 

< | >

2013 is ending!!! >O< and 2014 is coming!!!!! Well, I have done a lot this year. (I do believe, ahaha.) and I thank everyone for going through this year with me!! I'm just new here in AFF, yet all of you has been really friendly, and I've been really happy :3 so I just want to take this time to thank everyone!! To thank those who subscribed to this fic of mine. To thank those who wait every week for my slow and messy updates yet never complain. To those who comment whether once, twice, or every chapter. To those who never fail to encourage me. To those who take their time to read my fic. To those who say their opinions freely and help me improve this fic. To those who upvoted this fic despite my messy chapters. To those who support me. To those who make me smile. To those who accepted this rabbit's friend request. To those who read my reaaaly long and boring a/n. To everyone really. THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!! JEONGMAL KHAMSAMIDA! I'm honestly not sure if I express my thankfulness and love to you guys well, but I do hope you guys know I love all of you!! and I'm really thankful!! I hope 2014 will be another good year for all of us!! (gahd, I'm so dramatic XD I should stop I'm not even sure you guys are reading this)
Okay. so after the thanking comes my apologies. I'M SO SORRY FOR THE SUUPER LATE CHAPTER!! I've been out and about. Lack of inspiration here. Distraction there. EXO here. EXO there. Cheesy fluffy fanfics here. Tear-jerking angst fanfics there. and honestly, December has been a lot of stress to me, hehe. I'M ALSO SUUPER SORRY THAT THIS UPDATE IS SHORT. I just really have to cut it there. :< (I should really stop before my a/n becomes longer than my chapter.)
Ahum. so well, have a Happy New Year everyone!!! 
明けましておめでとう! 新年快樂! Maligayang Bagong Taon!!! (I'd greet you in Korean but I don't know how to so. . .)

See you on my next update~
Saranghaeyo~ <3 <3