XV.

Shattered

15 > > >

 

             The next few days were unexpectedly calm and normal for Yoona. Despite the weirdness of the past three days, her week finally seemed to give her a break and let her relax. There were no signs of the past three days being reality, except for the occasional polite nods and “hellos” that Yoona would give to Luhan and Baekhyun when they met in the hallway or had classes together.

             Honestly, other than the feeling that someone was watching her, Yoona's week had wrapped up pretty nicely. She was able to go back to her usual life of having fun with Kris and the others and just simply enjoying life.

 

             While Yoona's week has been nice and great, it was anything but normal for Luhan.

             Imagine having to follow a girl around all day just to make sure no one would hurt her and she was safe. Imagine having to see that girl everyday while she's happy and oblivious to the dangers around her. Imagine having to meet her everyday and all she does to acknowledge your presence is nod or call you with honorifics when she didn't used to.

             Now, combine all those feelings into one situation.

             That's how Luhan was feeling.

             He didn't actually know why he was doing this again. Yoona wasn't her, but somehow, he couldn't really stop himself. She still looked too much like the girl he loved. Luhan wanted to be able to protect Yoona just as he should have protected her.

             Dreams about her were starting to haunt him again, dreams about her dying on him every single time, dreams about him watching her wither into nothing over and over again while he just stood there paralyzed, unable to move.

             What he was doing wasn't healthy, and Luhan knew that. He'd been getting less and less sleep because of his nightmares, and watching over Yoona had been causing him to skip meals.

             You could call him mad, crazy, or lovesick, but nothing would change his mind. He felt like it was the least he could do. After loosing her, Luhan didn't think he was ready to loose Yoona just yet. *This time, this time I'll be able to protect you. *

 

< | >

             Yoona was walking casually back to the fine arts building after eating her lunch that was actually just a triangular slice of sandwich and a pack of blueberry yogurt milk.

             The sun was blazing hot on such a cold winter day, and most people seemed to be affected by the weird weather. This included Yoona.

             When she woke up a while ago with the sun streaming brightly through her window, she had thought it would be a hot day, but the moment she stepped outside her house in her tank top and jeans with just a cardigan to keep her warm, she immediately regretted her decision.

             It was really cold outside, and the wind was blowing strongly and messed up Yoona's wavy brown hair, causing her to trudge back to her room to change into something warmer and probably tie her hair up too.

             After changing into a warm sweater and grabbing a black coat, Yoona quickly dashed back to the bus stop, hoping that the bus hadn't arrived yet.

             Let's just say she wasn't very lucky.

             The bus had left exactly after Yoona arrived and left her behind. Yoona cursed under her breath and sank down the cold bench of the bus stop, and she was glad she stayed in her jeans. The bench was really cold.

             After a few minutes, Yoona felt something warm suddenly touch her cheeks. She quickly whipped her head back.

             “Luhan-sshi?”

             The boy smiled at her and handed her a cup.

             “Coffee?”

             Yoona pursed her lips and gingerly accepted the warm drink. It brought comforting warmth to her freezing fingers.

             “How--”

             “I saw you from the coffee shop over there and decided to buy you a drink.”

             He smiled at her brightly—almost as bright as the sun-- and sat down beside her.

             Yoona bowed her head awkwardly and muttered a quick “thank you.”

             “Khamsamida, Luhan-sshi.”

             She was surprised to find Luhan staring at her with a distant expression when she raised her head.

             “Umm, what's wrong?”

             The boy leaned closer and tapped his chin as he narrowed his eyes.

             “What's with the sudden honorific? I've been meaning to ask you since the other day, but you just weren't giving me the chance.”

             Yoona's eyes blinked innocently at Luhan with her fluttering lashes and big brown orbs.

             “O-oh, i-it's just that. I -uhh- realized that I had just decided to call you 'Luhan' in my own accord before, and it was quite rude for me to do that, especially since you're older than me.”

             Luhan raised his brow and leaned closer.

             “Then, you should call me Luhan-oppa or Hannie-oppa~”

             Yoona awkwardly leaned away from Luhan and bit her lip.

             “No thanks, I think I'll stick with 'Luhan-sshi.'”

             Luhan chuckled at her response and leaned closer.

             “I won't pull away unless you call me 'oppa' or something along the line.”

             “Luhan-sshi, we're in public, you know?”

             “So?”

             Yoona bit her lip again and leaned farther away from Luhan, trying to divert her gaze away from his piercing stare.

             “This is not right.”

             Luhan moved closer with a smirk on his face.

             “I don't care.”

             “Luhan-sshi, please stop. Look the bus is arriving!”

             “Not until you call me 'oppa.'”

             Yoona closed her eyes and moved her face away from Luhan.

             “O-oppa.”

             She opened her eyes to the sound of hysteric laughter and found Luhan clutching stomach from laughter, almost falling off the bench.

             “You really should have seen your face! It was priceless!”

             Yoona pouted and took a quick sip from her now-cold coffee as the bus came to a stop in front of them. She took a small glance at Luhan and found him staring at her, again.

             “What's wrong with you? I'm not calling you 'oppa' again, you know?”

             Luhan just smiled at her and stood up.

             “It's just been a while since we last talked like this, and I'm glad I was able to talk to you. Come on; let's go.”

             He quickly got Yoona's hand and entwined it with his as they stepped up the bus.

             Yoona didn't know how to describe the feeling. Having Luhan's hand on hers was warmer than any other coffee. It gave her flutters and made her heart rate go faster again, something she hadn't felt in days.

             Luhan dragged her to the back of the bus, and Yoona smiled to herself. *Usual seat, I guess. *

             Luhan sat beside the window just as he did the last time.

             The sun was shining brightly on Luhan, and it cast a dark shadow over his face. He looked almost the same as he had the first time he met Yoona and dragged her up the bus to some coffee shop. He had the same soft and feminine features, same long lashes, same pink lips, and the same baby face. The only difference was the dark bags under his eyes.

             Yoona didn't know how much time had past, but she just stared at Luhan's face until the bus finally arrived at their stop.

             “Stop staring at me and let's get off.”

             Luhan got up and pulled Yoona with him down the bus. Yoona didn't know why, but she secretly wished Luhan wouldn't let go of her hand. That's why when Luhan let go of her. There was this empty feeling inside her chest, and her hand almost immediately longed to have Luhan hold her again.

             Yoona quickly shook her thoughts away and bade goodbye to Luhan. It was wrong to have those thoughts. *I must be going crazy. *

 

< | >

 

             When Luhan told Yoona that he saw her from a nearby cafe, he was actually telling the truth. He wasn't following her all the time. He had breaks like that too.

             Luhan was drinking coffee and relaxing in a cafe when he saw Yoona run towards the bus stop as the bus just left. He watched as she puffed her cheeks and sank down on the bench with a scowl.

             *Cute.* he thought as he watched Yoona swinging her legs and rubbing her arms to keep herself warm.

             He watched her for a few more minutes and decided to buy her a cup of coffee. *She'd better appreciate it.*

             He stealthily crept up behind her and stuck the warm cup to her face. She quickly whipped her head back.

             “Luhan-sshi?” 

             Luhan felt a smile come to his face. Yoona's eyes were wide with surprise and her cheeks were tinted red from the cold. *Why are you so cute?*

             “Coffee?”

             Luhan extended the drink and Yoona accepted it hesitantly. She was about ask something but Luhan interrupted her. Her question was sort of predictable anyway.

             “I saw you from the coffee shop over there and decided to buy you a drink.”

             He smiled at her and sat down beside her, relieved he could finally sit. He almost chuckled when Yoona bowed her head awkwardly and muttered a silent "thank you."

             He took the chance of Yoona not looking at him and looked at her features carefully. Her lashes were really long and she had the same doe eyes as him. She had a fair complexion that made Luhan want to cup her cheeks. Her lips was a thin line, and he would have continued watching, but Yoona suddenly lifted her head and caught him staring.

             “Umm, what's wrong?”

             Luhan pretended to tap his chin playfully and leaned closer.

             “What's with the sudden honorific? I've been meaning to ask you since the other day, but you just weren't giving me the chance.”

             Technically, it wasn't lie. He really had been upset as to why Yoona had suddenly added honorific to his name. He didn't like it. It made them seem like just classmates.

             Yoona blinked her eyes innocently at Luhan, and he felt the sudden urge to more which had led to the oppa calling. Honestly, he didn't expect her to call him oppa. He was actually pulling away when he saw the bus approaching.

             "O-oppa."

             Luhan didn't know how that one word made him feel warmth on his cheeks. He quickly covered up his blush with over exaggerated laughter.

             "You really should have seen your face! It was priceless!"

             The pout on Yoona's face made Luhan feel that warmth again. *It's not fair how you look so much like her and yet act so much differently.*

 

< | >

             It was after lunch when Yoona was walking along the walls of the fine arts building that she found a flower pot falling, barely missing her head.

             Her eyes widened as she heard the loud shattering of the pot behind her. She stepped away from the broken pottery. Her first instinct was to look up and find the source of the pot.

             It proved to be a bad choice because she found herself unable to move as another pot came crashing down over her. All she could do was close her eyes.

             “Yoona!”

             In just a moment, Yoona found herself enveloped in warmth as a pair of arms wrapped around her and pulled her away from the falling pottery that shattered to the ground with a dull shriek.

             It was a familiar warmth. Yoona knew it. It was the arms that wrapped around her as she listened to his soft humming and beating heart. It was the warmth she felt when he held her hand, just way more over-whelming.

             Yoona winced as a stray shard cut her cheek and dropped to the ground with a dull thud.

             She slowly opened her eyes and found Luhan looking at her worriedly, his eyes searching her for any injuries.

             “L-Luhan.”

             He pulled her into another hug and squeezed her tightly.

             “I thought I would be too late. I'm glad I'm not. Heck, I'm glad you're safe.”

             He pulled away and cupped her cheeks, at the same time wiping the blood that was dripping from the cut on her face.

             Yoona hummed a “yes” and closed her eyes, feeling relief wash over her.

             “T-thank you again, Luhan. You always seem to save me”

             Luhan smiled at her and ruffled her hair.

             “What happened to 'oppa''?”
             Yoona pouted and let Luhan continue patting her head.

             “Shut up.”

             "Bacon!! Yah! You red-headed bacon, what are you doing there?"

             Yoona turned to the source of the voice.

             "Baekhyun?"

 

< | >

Annyeong~ So. . . . .  @suga-rush, my dear best friend, here you go~ I updated :P
hehe, I hope everyone enjoyed today's chapter!! I added Luyoon moments :3 and I enjoyed typing this in the car that I lost track of time and am currently dizzy again. . . . . .
BTW, to force my best friend to update more often and stop complaining about my "slow" updating.
Again, I'd like to share my thanks again!!! Thank you for commenting!! Thank you for upvoting my fanfic!! Jeongmal Khamsamida!! Hello new readers!!! I love you all!!!

See you on the next update~
Saranghaeyo~ <3 <3