IX.

Shattered

9 > > >

 

            Yoona was walking to her class casually when someone suddenly grabbed her hand. She let out a gasp and in inwardly sighed. *Why does this keep happening to me?*

​             She turned to face whoever was stopping her with a scowl, and was surprised to find Baekhyun smiling at her.

​             "Omo, Baekhyun-sshi, you scared me!"

​             He chuckled and led her along the corridor without saying anything else. His grip on her was tight, and Yoona guessed that he probably had no intentions of letting her go. *Is this deja vu?*

​             "Baekhyun-sshi, where are you bringing me?"

​             He stopped to look at Yoona with another bright smile. "It's a secret."

​             Yoona almost groaned. *What is happening to me? Why do mysterious guys keep stopping me from my destination and plan to drag somewhere I don't know? Is this people's habit now a days?*

​             "Baekhyun-sshi, I'll be late for my class."

​             He didn't reply and continued pulling her until they reached a back door. He stopped.

​             "Baekhyun."

​             Yoona raised her brow. "What?"

​             "Baekhyun. Drop the honorifics and call me 'Baekhyun.'"

​             He smiled at her one more time and opened the back door leading to a yard. Yoona felt herself being dragged again and glumly obliged. 

​             "Baekhyun-sshi--"

​             He looked at her with a raised brow.

​             "I mean, Baekhyun, what are we doing here?"

​             He chuckled and led her to a gingko tree. It's leaves were also affected by autumn and were starting to turn orange and red. A pile of its leaves lay swept on one side, and the others lay scattered on the grounds. The air was nice and fresh, and the wind just felt cool when it touched her skin.

​             She turned to face Baekhyun again. "So? You haven't answered my question yet."

​             Baekhyun shrugged. "I just needed someone to cut class with me."

​             He made his way to the gingko tree and sat beside its trunk. He tapped the place beside him and gestured for Yoona to sit.

​             "Come on! The weathers nice."

​             Yoona shook her head as she slowly approached Baekhyun who was leaning comfortably on the gingko tree. "You're crazy."

 

​             He reached for her arm and pulled her towards him with a smirk.

            "No, I'm Baekhyun."

​             Their faces were close to each other, and Yoona could feel his breath against hers. Baekhyun slowly placed his hand on her back. She suddenly felt her heart beat faster. *What is he trying to do?*

​             With a soft push, Yoona was sitted beside Baekhyun in no time.

​             "There you go."

​             Yoona went blank for a second. *What?*

​             Baekhyun looked at her. "What's wrong?"

​             Yoona rubbed the back of her neck and smiled sheepishly. "Oh, nothing."

​             *What were you thinking, Yoona? Why is your heart beating faster. Well, I guess, anyone's heart would beat faster in that situation, right? Psh, it's nothing. That's right. It's nothing. It should be nothing.*

​             She leaned her head on the trunk of the gingko tree and watched its leaves fall slowly to the ground. It was a nice sight. All the vibrant colors seemed to blend together forming a colorful drizzle of leaves.

​             Sitting beside Baekhyun, she could hear his steady breathing. She turned to face him. *Is he already asleep?*

​             He was very much awake. His eyes were open and were gazing at her softly. Yoona looked away quickly.

​             "W-why are we skipping classes again?"

​             *Ugh! Why did I stutter?*

​             Baekhyun stretched his arms and let out a yawn. 

​             "Because I feel like cutting class. School's boring, you know? And I get sleepy a lot."

​             Yoona chuckled. "I can see that."

​             "Do I look that sleepy?"

​             Yoona shook her head and faced Baekhyun again.

​             "Aniyo, it's just that when we first met, you were sleeping too. I guess I expected you to be the sleeping type more or less."

​             Baekhyun laughed. "I'm not the sleepy type. It just so happened that I was bored that time, and I fell asleep. I don't regret my choice though because I met you again."

​             *Met me again?*

​             Yoona decided to push the thought aside.

​             "You would have met me in class either ways."

​             Baekhyun shook his head.  "The cherry blossoms made it special."

​             "There weren't much blossoms though."

​             He shrugged.  "I gues not."

​             They didn't talk for a while, and just embraced the tranquil silence. It wasn't that they didn't like talking to each other. It was just that the silence was nicer, and it made them relaxed.

​             Yoona was enjoying the wind on her face when someone familiar suddenly approached them.

​             "Yah! Byun Baekhyun, what do you think you-- Ah! the girl from this morning."

​             "The guy with girl in the bus!"

​             Baekhyun looked awkwardly from Yoona to their unexpected visitor.

​             "Umm, Sehun, you know Yoona?"

​             The young man nodded.

​             "Yep, saw her together with Luhan in the bus this morning. 'Yoona', right?"

​             Yoona nodded awkwardly while Bakehyun tilted his head in confusion. "Luhan? He's here? I didn't see him. We were supposed to have class together."

​             "He's running a fever. That stupid deer doesn't know how to take care of himself."

​             Baekhyun laughed.  "You shouldn't talk about hyung that way."

​             Yoona's eyes widened slightly. "Hyung?"

​             Baekhyun looked at her and chuckled.

​             "Yes, Luhan is older than us. I think he's 23."

​             "Are you serious?! He looks so. . . . . . ."

​             Sehun pouted. "Young, I know. You'd think he was younger than you."

​             Yoona just nodded her head, and there was an awkward silence.

​             Baekhyun was the first to speak up. He cleared his throat.

​             "So, what's wrong, Sehun?"

​             "Luhan's sick so we're planning to visit him. You can come too Yoona-sshi."

​             Sehun smiled at her. Yoona almosted chuckled as his eyes disappeared and turned into crescent slits.

​             Before she could even think of what she was doing, she had already uttered a "yes."

 

< | >

​             It was late in the afternoon, and Luhan was faintly aware of voices entering his living room. He was lying limp on his couch, and his fever hasn't got any better. His head ache was so bad that he couldn't even distinguish whether the voices were male or female, but at this point, he couldn't care less. He just wanted rest.

​             He could hear footsteps slowly approach him. The person stooped to his level and placed his hand on Luhan's forehead. The person's hand was soft and warm. *Who is this?*

​             He was about to reach for the hand when a hair brushed his face. It was ticklish and oddly smelled of strawberries and cream.

​             His eyes shot open.

​             "Yoona?"

 

< | >

Annyeong~ MissBlackRabit is back!! >o< I hope this update was okay. . . . I think my chapters are too slow-paced. I'm sorry for that. I'm also sorry if I don't update that fast. This gull right here is a "busy" girl. (Okay, I was lying. I'm not busy.) I'm also sorry if this is not edited!!
I just wanted to update today cuz I'm feeling in the mood~ and I'm celebrating!! so don't be surprised if a certain black rabbit suddenly updates tonight :3 Peppermint Mocha Frappe tastes great~ >o< I would treat you all if I could!

This time I'm sure that the Luyoon moment I promised will come in the next chappie~ 
I'm blabbering too much again so I'm off~ 
See you on the next chappie~ 
(P.S. please do not be surprised if a certain dark-colored rabbit adds you here in AFF, she just wants to prove to her family that she's not anti-social (or maybe it's because she wants to make friends and she's just too shy to admit it))