XII.

Shattered

 

12 > > >

 

             Baekhyun had finished cooking thirty minutes ago, and he was starting to wonder why the house was so quiet and why Sehun had not returned from his ten minute break. Even the other guys bailed out on him. No one even bothered to check up on him, and he was feeling bitter about it. Here he was laboring to create food while the others were probably just relaxing.

​             He sulked.  "Hmph! No food for them then. . . . . but then that defeats the purpose of us coming here, and Luhan's probably hungry. . . . . . right?"

​             He pouted and shoved a spoonful of porridge in his mouth. He was not expecting it to go this way. When he agreed to come, he was expecting to have a nice time cooking with Yoona without Sehun's occasional bickers and Yoona spacing out, but no, here he was right now sulking and waiting for something that might never happen.

​             "Aren't they hungry?"

​             After a few more minutes of silence, Baekhyun finally gave up and decided to go check on them. He found a sticky note stuck to the door way saying apologies about bailing out on him. Baekhyun frowned.

​             "That Oh Sehun is going to get it tomorrow."

​             *Did Yoona leave too?*

​             Baekhyun stopped crumpling the paper and let out a sigh.

​             "She probably did."

​             He silently made his way to the living room a found all the lights turned off. He smiled. Luhan was probably still resting on the couch. He didn't want to turn on the lights and disturb Luhan's sleep, but Luhan had to eat, right? Baekhyun decided to turn the lights on, but to his surprise, Luhan wasn't alone.

 

< | >

​             Yoona was sleeping soundly when she suddenly heard footsteps approaching her. She reluctantly opened her eyes but saw nothing. She guessed that the lights were out and closed her eyes again. It was probably nothing. Then the lights , and she found herself lying on top of Luhan with his arms around her. Not only that, but she also found an obviously surprised Baekhyun staring intently at them.

​             "What--"

​             To make matters worse, Luhan suddenly woke up and look from Yoona to Baekhyun then back innocently.

​             "Oh, good morning."

​             He smiled at them, oblivious of the fact that he was hugging Yoona and that Baekhyun was somehow glaring intently at him.

​             Baekhyun quickly took quick strides towards both of them and snatched Yoona away from Luhan's arms.

​             "What do you think you're doing, Luhan?" Baekhyun hissed at Luhan's ear as he got him by his collar and pulled his face towards his.

​             The said boy blinked innocently at him and pushed Baekhyun away.

​             "What did I do? Why are you looking at me as if I did something unforgivable?"

​             Yoona was at a lost for words. The situation has yet to sink into her mind. She didn't know what was happening. She just woke up, and Baekhyun suddenly pulls her up and grabs Luhan by the collar. Her eyes widened at the realization.

​             *Oh my gosh, Luhan, yes, Luhan. He was sick, and I was checking his temperature then he hugged me, and then. . . .  What happened next? Oh yeah, I fell asleep. I FELL ASLEEP ON TOP OF HIM WITH HIS ARMS AROUND ME! My God, no.*

​             Yoona almost freaked out. This was bad, so very bad. She couldn't believe that she let her guard down and fell asleep. She hoped that Baekyhun wouldn't misunderstand.

​             She shook her thoughts away, and her mind returned to the situation she was in right now. That was when she saw Baekhyun shoving Luhan to the couch with a growl.

​             "Because you did."

​             Baekhyun's tone was flat and straight. He didn't try to hide his anger. Yoona was surprised by his suddenness.

​             Luhan was still confused and dazed. He looked at Baekhyun weirdly.

​             "What's wrong with you, Baek?"

​             This just infuriated the boy more. 

​             "What wrong with me? I should be asking you that. What's wrong with you, Luhan?"

​             At this point, Yoona knew she should stop the two of them from fighting. She quickly stepped in between them and helped Luhan up.

​             "Baekhyun, stop it. Luhan's sick remember?"

​             "Stay out of this."

​             Baekhyun didn't even bother to look at her. He got Luhan by the collar again and glared at him.

​             "Are you confusing Yoona with her this time?"

​             Luhan didn't respond, and just looked stupidly at Baekhyun who just frowned and tightened his grip on Luhan.

​             "Luhan! You've got to be better than this. She's dead, Luhan! You have to accept the fact that she's dead, and she'll never come back. Gone, Luhan, she's gone."

​             His voice faltered at the last part, and he shook away the tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes.

​             "Come back to reality. You're not the only one suffering."

​             It wasn't just Luhan who was affected by her death. Pretty much everyone else in EXO-K was affected. They all knew it would come sooner or later, but it still dropped a huge bomb on all of them.

​             Baekhyun felt that it was unfair. It was unfair how Luhan thought that he was the only one troubled by her death. It was unfair the others excused his attitude and just left him alone. It was unfair that she didn't even get to know his feelings for her when she knew about Luhan's and even accepted it. It was unfair that he had to watch Luhan crack while he just had to pretend that everything was okay.

​             "Get over her already."

​             With that, Baekhyun let go of Luhan and walked out of the room as he wiped the tears that had fallen from his eyes.

​             Yoona stood awkwardly beside the couch. She really didn't know what to do now. *Who were they talking about? Why was Baekhyun so mad? Why does Luhan look like he is about to cry right now? Why does he look so empty?*

​             "Lu--"

​             Luhan suddenly rose from his position and smiled at Yoona as if nothing happened.

​             "I'm sorry about that. How about some dinner? You haven't eaten, right?"

​             Yoona nodded hesitantly as Luhan flashed her another smile and grabbed her hand.

​             "Come on. Baek probably left some food in the kitchen."

​             "About Baekhyun. . . He--"

​             Luhan stopped walking and stared at Yoona in the eyes. His eyes looked just like they did a while ago when he said that promises were meant to be broken. They were so sad and empty.

​             "Just leave him alone."

​             They entered the kitchen and ate the dinner that Baekhyun prepared silently. Yoona didn't want to bring up what happened earlier. She knew that it was none of her business, but that didn't mean she wasn't curious about it. Questions still flooded her mind, but she had the feeling that Luhan didn't want to talk about it either.

​             The silence was awkward this time. It was different from when they were just lying comfortably on the couch while listening to each other's heart beat. Yoona didn't like it.

​             "Umm, are you feeling better?"

​             Luhan didn't respond and just continued to eat his porridge.

​             Yoona sighed. Starting a conversation was harder than she thought so she decided to keep quiet the rest of the night.

​             After eating dinner, Yoona decided that Luhan was well enough on his own. *He probably needs some space too after what happened.*

​             "Luhan, I think I should be going now. I hope you get better."

​             She flashed Luhan a soft smile and turned to leave. So many things were still on her mind, and it would be better if she sort them out at home.

​             As she stepped out of the living room, she heard Luhan mutter a silent "don't go," but she had a feeling that it wasn't for her.

< | >

Annyeong~ Some of you are probably thinking, "Here comes her long author's note again that keeps ending the chapter." XD I'm sorry if I always blabber a lot!! And I'm sorry if my update is later than I expected. Typing in the car last night took its toll on me and I had a head ache. So I hope you also forgive me if I have typos and if the chapter is not that good. I wanted to update so here it is~ :3
I'm starting to reveal things, hehehe. . . . 
Again, I want to thank the people who always comment and make my day brighter~ (despite my head ache) and to the new readers who subscribed, annyeong~ 
See you on my next update~
Saranghaeyo~ <3 <3