IV.

Shattered

4 > > >

 

          Luhan felt his heart beat faster. Observing her and looking at her sparkling brown orbs from afar was one thing, but meeting those eyes was a different matter altogether. Just that one moment spread electric shocks through his body and caused his heart to beat out of control. Just that one look brought back memories and feelings that Luhan had long since thrown away.

​           He didn't look away, yet. He wanted to see her eyes, her face, her. He wanted to hear her voice again. He wanted to see if it was really her, the girl he's been yearning for for years, years longer than you can imagine. He wanted to confirm that it wasn't just his imagination that it was really the girl he loved.  

​           He smiled. *What are you doing to me, girl?*

 

​           Yoona's eyes widened and immediately looked away. She felt herself flush for the nth time today.  *He smiled? He smiled. . . . . . . at me. Why would he do that? Wait a minute, did he catch me looking at him a while ago? Argh! This is so embarrassing!!*

​           She let out a shaky breath and risked another peek at the doe-eyed boy. She regretted her desicion almost immediately. The boy was still staring at her with his enchanting smile. His smile was, well, beautiful, bright or whatever  other description you would call it. It was the type of smile that could send a million girls fainting.

​           Yoona didn't know why but that one smile seemed to leave a mark on her. It was different from the smile he was giving his curly-haired friend a while ago, and Yoona couldn't help but feel attracted to it.

​           "Yoona~"

​           She hesitantly brought her attention back to Baekhyun and Xiumin. "Ah, yes?"

​           Baekhyun chuckled. "Yoona-sshi, are you free after school today? I want to introduce you to my friends." 

​           She bit her lip and thought about it for a while. "Mianhe, Baekhyun-sshi, but I have to stop by somewhere later. Maybe next time?"

​           Baekhyun pretended to be sad for a while then finally put out his pinky with a cute smile. "Promise?"

​           Yoona put out her pinky and wrapped it around Baekhyun's with a chuckle.  "Promise."

​           With that, Baekhyun turned to leave with a smile on his face.

​           Yoona's eyes instinctively went back to where Luhan was seated, but he wasn't there anymore.  *Ah, did he leave? but class is about to start. . . . . That's weird.*

​           "What's weird?"

​           Yoona raised her brow at her friend then covered with a gasp.  "I said that out loud?"

​           Xiumin shrugged.

 

< | >

​           Luhan ran his fingers through his hair in frustration and bit his lips. His hand stayed on top of his head. *It was just a pinky swear, Luhan. Why are you getting so worked up? You don't even know if it's really her. You haven't even talked to the girl yet.*

​           He let his arms drop to his side. She always did this to him. She made him crazy, jealous, happy, and just really a mix of emotions.

​           Even though he knew he shouldn't let this get to him, it was, and thoughts about her were filling his head again, memories, words, names, questions.

 

​           "Luhan, have you ever wondered why the stars can only be seen during the night?"

​           "The sun shines during the day, and it's a star. Your statement is invalid."

​           The girl turned to face the boy with a scowl.  "The sun is not a star. It's too big to be a star."

​           The boy propped himself on his elbows and looked at the girl with a frown.  "Most stars are big. The just look small because they are far away."

​           The girl leaned her head on his chest. "They say that when someone dies, they turn into stars and observe us from above so we shouldn't be sad cause they are not gone and just there above us, but you say stars are far away. How do they watch us from so far away?"

​           He furrowed his brows. "They just do."

​           The girl frowned, discontent with the answer that was given. "Do they get superpowers when they die? Is that how they can see us?"

​           The boy patted her head and uttered a soft "maybe."

​           Silence filled the night air for a while.

​           Then she spoke again. "Luhan?"

​           "Hmm?"

​           "The stars are beautiful."

​           "I know."

​           The girl smiled and hugged him tighter. silence surrounded them once again.

​           "Luhan."

​           "What is it this time?"

​           The girl looked up at his face. "Do you love me?"

​           He ruffled her hair. "Of course."

​           "You'll never stop?"

​           "Never."

​           "Promise?"

​           He entwined his pinky with hers and smiled. "Promise."

 

< | >

​           Luhan did not come back to class after that, and Yoona soon forgot about the matter. Before she knew it, the day had ended and the sun was setting. It was a nice day. She was able to meet a few interesting people and even become friends with some of them. 

​           She had lied to Baekhyun a while ago when she said that she had something to do. It's not that she didn't like him or anything. Actually, he seemed like a good guy despite the weird first impression and all. It was just that she just didn't want to stay or do anything after school that day. She just wanted to go home and relax in front of her laptop and drink some coffee.

​           "Hmm, should I go for latte macchiato today?" She asked to herself, tapping her chin thoughtfully while skipping down the path to the school gate.

​           She was just about to pass the gate when she saw him, leaning on a wall with his arms crossed and eyes closed. She could see him muttering to himself and rubbing his arms repeatedly to keep himself warm. His breath was fogging the air.  

​           Yoona stopped to think and looked around. *Is it that cold today?*

​           The people around her were just nonchalantly walking around. Some had scarves on, but other than that, no one else seemed to be showing any signs of extremely cold weather.

​           She continued walking and was just about to pass by him when he suddenly grabbed her arm.

​           "Wait."

 

< | >

Annyeong~
Hihi, cliffhanger. (<---- I'm very fond of it so expect more to come :>)
Who do you think is waiting for our dear Yoona outside the school gates? :3
I'm sorry for the late night update again!! it's 12:17 AM here and my room is freezing cold T. T  *sigh* winter weathers~

Thank you for the new subscribers and comments!! and I'm sorry if my chapters aren't long *bows* I'm not a long-chapter type of writer, but I will try my best to make them longer!!

I think I'm too talkative. . . . good night everyone (good morning or good afternoon to others)
See you on the next chapter~
Don't be afraid to comment your thoughts~ :3