VII.

Shattered

7 > > >

 

            Yoona stared at the folded piece of clothing that lay on her bed. It was a black coat with a turtle neck collar. It was Luhan's overcoat actually. She forgot to return it to him last night thus it now laying on her bed. She decided that the least she could was to wash it and return it to him when they meet again, but that was the problem. She had no idea where to find him. She didn't even know if she would see him. After all, their university was a large campus.

​            She turned to face the mirror and let out a soft sigh. She had dark rings under her eyes from lack of sleep, and her bed hair was sticking out in different ways. *This day doesn't look so good.*

​            She finger-combed the tangled mess on her head and started walking sleepily to the bathroom. She quickly rinsed her face and was about to reach for her face wash when her door bell suddenly rang.

​            Yoona panicked. She was still in her pajamas which was just an over-sized T-shirt and boxer shorts, and her hair was still a complete mess even after her attempts to flatten it with her hands. She hurriedly got a tie from her dresser and tied her hair into a loose ponytail as she rushed out of her bedroom to the front door. She stood on her tippy-toes and looked throught the peep hole to see who is was disturbing her "fine" morning.

​            His voice came from the other side. "Yoona~ Are you there? Don't tell me you're still asleep."

​            She let out a sigh of relief. *It's just Kris.*

​            He rang the door bell once more. "Yoonaa!"

​            She chuckled and opened the door with a faked scowl.

​            "Wu Yi Fan, what do you want so early in the morning?!"

​            Kris stepped pass her and sank on Yoona's couch. He shook his head and pointed to the clock. "For your information, sleepy head, it's already nine A.M. Just two hours before your first class starts."

​            Yoona sat down beside him and stretched her arms up while stifling a yawn.

​            "Who cares? Two hours is still quite a long time. Besides, I don't need to be early. I can be fashionably late~"

​            Kris flicked her forehead.

​            "Noona is such a badass."

​            She gave him a disapproving look and threw a pillow at his face. He caught it and smirked at her proudly.

​            "Nice try, sleepy head."

​            Yoona scoffed and turned away from him. "What happened to 'Noona'?"

​            He laughed and threw a pillow at her head.

​            "Your two hours is going to run out soon if you don't start preparing."

​            She rubbed the back of her head with a pout and glared at Kris.

​            "This evil kid! How do you even know my schedule, you stalker?"

​            He leaned closer and patted Yoona on the head while showing his signature smirk. "I have my sources, Noona. Now, go prepare for class before you run late."

​            Yoona frowned and pushed his head away. "You're back to 'Noona'."

​            "You're gonna be late~"

​            "I get it; I get it! You're such a mom!"

​            She lazily stood up from the couch and entered her bedroom. She took a quick shower and changed into plain black leggings and a comfortable polka-dot sweater. The sweater was a knitted long-blouse with a hoody. It ends just above her knee, revealing the rest of her legs.

​            She tied her still-wet hair into a messy bun and grabbed her sling bag before checking herself one last time in the mirror and going out of her room.

​            As she got out, the strong aroma of coffee greeted her. Kris was in the kitchen, making some sort of coffee that really spread its scent across the flat. She made her way to the kitchen and leaned on the counter.

​            "What are you making? I can smell the coffee from my bedroom."

​            Kris smiled and handed her one tumbler before proceeding to go out the door.

​            "Come on. We don't want to be late."

​            Yoona took a sip from the cup and linked her arms with Kris.

​            "You mean, you don't want to be late."

​            Kris poked her head as they walked. "Ah~ this clingy Noona."

​            Yoona stopped and punched him playfully on his arm. "You should be glad you made me coffee cause if you didn't, you'd probably be dead by now."

​            He laughed and leaned his head on her. "You can't kill me. Noona is too kind~"

​            Yoona stuck her tongue out and pushed his head away. "Who said that I'm kind?"

​            "I take it back. You're not kind."

​            Yoona pouted and grabbed his hand, ignoring his hysteric laughter. "Come on, we're going to be late."

​            Kris let her drag him to the bus stop without saying anything else.

 

< | >

​            Luhan glanced at his phone uneasily and looked out the window. Beads of cold sweat trickled down his temples, and his breath was uneven. He was starting to regret lending Yoona his coat last night, but he knew he would regret it more if he did otherwise.

​            He let out a staggered breath and closed his eyes. He could feel fatigue running all over him, and his current head ache wasn't helping. *Focus, Luhan. Focus.*

​            He opened his eyes again. The sky was becoming dark, and it looked like it was going to rain later on. He bit his lower lip. The rain was not going to help his current condition.

​            The bus continued rolling down the road. It slowed down when it was nearing the bus stop, and that was when he saw her. She was sitting on the bench beside someone Luhan couldn't identify yet. It was Yoona, waiting in the bus stop while childishly swinging her legs. Beside her was someone Luhan did not expect.

​            It was Yi Fan.

​            Luhan could almost feel his head ache get worse. *Why am I seeing you now? Why are you with her?*

​            He clenched his fists tightly and closed his eyes again. His head was starting to spin, and his breath grew ragged. *Please don't let him see me.*

 

< | >

Annyeong to both the old and new subscribers~ I'm really sorry for the late and short update!!! School's back,and I don't really have as much time to write anymore. I hope you enjoyed the chapter even though it's quite dull, but do understand that it's to prepare for the next chapter~ Expect the Luyoon moments to start coming ;) This is not edited so I'm sorry if there's typo.
Comments are appreciated <3
see you on the next chapter~ (I'll TRY to update tomorrow :3)