X.

Shattered

10 > > >

               

               Luhan looked worse than this morning. His eyes were reddish from sleep, and beads of sweat were dripping from his hair. He looked like he was blushing.

               Yoona found herself leaning towards Luhan and checking his temperature. Her hair fell and brushed his face slightly. She tucked her hair behind her ear and carefully placed the back of her hand to his forehead. She flinched at his temperature. It hadn't gotten any better. He was still burning. If not, it was probably even worse.

               She sighed. *You look like you're in so much pain.*

              She was about to pull back when his eyes suddenly fluttered open.

               "Yoona?"

               Her eyes widened. 

               His voice was raspy from his fever, and his eyes looked tired and dazed, but his gaze didn't seem to waver. It made Yoona feel nervous. 

               "Y-you're awake." She managed.

               Luhan just stared at her, obviously dazed, which just made Yoona feel more uncomfortable. *Is he this sick?*

               She his head and just met his gaze. She felt herself smile. *He's like a puppy.*

 

< | >

              Luhan felt his heart suddenly beat faster. *It's you. It's really you this time. You're right here in front of me.*  

               His hand instinctively reached for Yoona's hand when she pulled away. His eyes searched her wide brown orbs, but she looked away.

               "What are you doing here?"

               He watched as Yoona cleared and awkwardly took her hand away from his grasp. There was a slight tint of pink on her cheeks.  *Cute.*

               "Y-you were sick so Baekhyun and the others came to visit you."

               Luhan frowned. *Baekhyun? Why is she with him?* 

               He raised a brow. "That doesn't explain why you're here."

               Yoona bit her lip.  "Umm, Sehun invited me, but it's okay, I, uh, I can leave if you don't want me here."

               She dusted her knees and stood up with a sorry smile. *I have to thank that brat later, but first, I guess, I need to stop her.*

               She bowed her head. "Sorry for waking you up."

               He reached for her hand again and pulled her towards him. She stumbled and almost fell on top of him. Her face was close to his, and he could inhale her strawberry scent and feel her warm breath on his skin. He looked her in the eye.

               "Who said I didn't want you here?"

               He saw her stiffen. Her cheeks turned into a bright shade of red, and her lips were pursed.

               Luhan's lips formed a smirk.  *Really cute.*

               "Stay with me."

               She awkwardly nodded and sat back down on the floor.

               "Do you need anythi--"

               "No, just sit there."

               Luhan saw her nod again from his peripheral view. He relaxed and closed his eyes. He was still holding on to her hand. He liked the touch of it. Her hands were soft and warm, plus it was the assurance that she was still there.

               "Yoona."

               She faced him.  "Hmm?"

               "Do you believe in fate?"

               Yoona furrowed her brows. "Are you trying to use a pick-up line on me?"

               "Just answer."

               She shrugged. "I guess. I mean. Everything happens for a reason. That's fate, right?"

               Luhan smiled.  *Yes, we met again for a reason. You're here right no for a reason.*

               "Luhan."

               It was Luhan's turn to face her. She was no longer facing him. There was something about her look that he didn't like. She looked so far away and so melancholy.

               She bit her lip.

               "D-don't fall in love with me."

               "Wha--"

               "Yoona! Is Luhan awake yet? Come help us here. I think Sehun might burn the kitchen down."

               Yoona quickly stood up and let go of Luhan's hand. She smiled at him before proceeding to the kitchen to help Baekhyun and Sehun.

               Luhan felt a pain in his heart.

               *What was that? Don't you know that I'm already in love with you. I've been in love with you for so long already. I waited so long to see you again, and here you are telling me not to love you. Why? You've always been so cruel. You confuse me.*

               He closed his eyes and felt himself give into fatigue once more. He felt a tear escape his eye. He drifted back to sleep.

 

< | >

"好像什么都不懂的一个孩子一样纯真

重生那个美丽的瞬间

双眼闭上又睁开害怕这一切只是梦

留恋    我就真诚站在你面前渴望得到你视线

只是想和你一起走    两个人用同样的步调协奏    一次就足够 "

               Her voice was soft and melodic as she sang the lyrics of her favorite song to him sweetly and lovingly.

               Luhan smiled at her and sang along.

"当我乘坐着风    在你的世界降落

白色的风    在你身边环绕着

你问我来自哪里 笑着回答是秘密

只要是你和我 一起走下去

天堂在随时和随地."

               She didn't continue to the next part. Luhan wondered what was wrong and faced her. Tears were streaming down her face even as she smiled.

               "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

               She nodded.

               Luhan was not convinced, but he decided to let it go.

               "I'll continue singing for you instead."

"对我来说你比天使还灿烂耀眼

如果有谁对你不义 我一定不允许

仿佛第一次进入伊甸园的忐忑不安

让我每天只是望着你 心里一直想着你

琐碎的尘埃和沙砾 我不会让那些伤害靠近你 "

               She started sobbing, and Luhan just had to stop.He couldn't bear seeing her like that.

               "Tell me. What's wrong?"

               He cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears with his thumb. He pulled her into a hug.

               "I'm so sorry, Luhan. I don't think I can keep my promise."

 

               "Yoona!"

               Luhan woke up with a start. Tears were dropping down his cheeks. He quickly wiped it off.

               *Only tears can describe what I'm feeling right now because of you.*

 

< | >

 

            Don't fall in love with me.

​             Yoona did not know why or how those words suddenly just slipped out of . Yes, she actually meant the words she said, but seeing Luhan's reaction was painful, piercing even. Surpirse and hurt were evident in his face, and Yoona didn't like seeing him that way. Her heart tightened everytime she remembered his pained look.

​             *Does he like me already? But. We just met, right? If he really does like me, is this why he acts so, well, sweet towards me? No, No, it's impossible. He shouldn't like me. He doesn't like me. Ugh! This is so frustrating. Just stop thinking about him, Yoona.*

​             She sighed. She really didn't know why she had said it. She didn't even know what she would have done if Baekhyun didn't call her. Would she have taken what she said back and say it was a joke? or would she have continued what she had started and break Luhan's heart? 

​             *Wait. I'm not breaking anyone's heart. He doesn't like me anyway.*

​             Yoona let out another sigh. *Why does Luhan have to invade my thoughts so much? Why is it so hard to get him out of my head? Why is he--*

​             Baekhyun suddenly grabbed Yoona's arm.

​             "Yoona!"

​             His voice sounded worried, and snapped Yoona out of her thoughts. She faced Baekhyun with an innocent look.

​             "Oh, Baekhyun-ah, what's wrong?"

​             He looked at her worriedly and took her hand. Yoona pursed her lips. His hand was warm, but not as warm as Luhan. Even in this situation, she still found herself thinking about Luhan.

​             "You cut yourself already and you don't even realize. Pay attention, stupid. You're making people worry about you."

​             Yoona's eyes widened upon finally seeing the bleeding wound on her finger. She winced at the blood then bowed her head politely at Baekhyun.

​             "I-I didn't notice. Sorry."

​             He shook his head and brought Yoona to the faucet.

​             "Apologize to yourself. Come on. We have to disinfect it."

​             Yoona just nodded and let Baekhyun drag her. She decided that it would be better if she didn't do any more reckless things.

​             After patching up her wound, Baekhyun took a deep breath and looked Yoona in the eye.

​             "Did something happen inside? Was Luhan awake?"

​             "N-no. Nothing happened. Luhan was just resting on the sofa. He was awake though."

​             "Are you sure?"

​             Yoona nodded with a tight-lipped smile.  

​             "Y-yeah."

​             Baekhyun let out a breath and patted Yoona on the head.

​             "Go back inside first I have a feeling you're just as useless as Sehun in the kitchen. We really should have called D.O to come with us."

​             "O-ok, sorry."

​             Yoona flashed another smile before heading back to the living room.

 

​             Meanwhile, Sehun heard their whole conversation and had doubts on Yoona's response. He guessed that Luhan was probably awake and something actually happened, obviously. There was something about how Baekhyun ruffled her hair affectionately too. Of course, he also heard the insult Baekhyun threw at him about him being useless in the kitchen, but he chose to ignore it. He wasn't childish. . . . . Ok, he was.

​             "Who's the guy who's useless in the kitchen?"

​             Baekhyun didn't take less than a second to answer. "You."

​             Sehun smirked. This was going exactly how he planned.

​             He tapped his chin playfully then turned to face Baekhyun while mixing an egg in a bowl. "Then maybe I should go with Yoona to the living room too since I'm useless and all."

​             Baekhyun glared at him and gestured for him to continue working. "No."

​             "Aren't you biased? Little miss pretty girl gets take another break, but the cute maknae right here can't even take one short one."

​             Baekhyun stopped chopping. Sehun could see that he was turning red.

​             "Sehun, stop being a brat and continue cooking."

​             Sehun sighed and did his best sad puppy eyes. He continued what he was doing and took another sigh.

​             "Noona sure is fortunate. Baekhyun-hyung is fond of her so she gets to take a break while I'm so tired here, and Baekhyun-hyung works me to the bones. She's so lu--"

​             "Ugh! Just shut up, Oh Sehun! Five minutes, I'll give you five minutes."

​             Sehun smirked. "Ten."

​             "Fine! Just get out of here!"

 

​             Content, Sehun left the kitchen and made his way to the living room. He was humming a song out of tune and was about to enter the living room when he saw something he wasn't supposed to see. He quickly hid behind the wall.

​             "Luhan! Wha--"

​             "Shh, they'll hear you."

​             There was something wrong with Luhan, and Sehun knew right away. He bit his lip. *This is bad. I hope Luhan isn't doing anything stupid.*

​             "Luhan, let go of me!"

​             "I don't want to. You'll leave me again."

​             His voice was soft, and he sounded like he was in pain. It worried Sehun.

​             "Luhan, I promise won't leave so please let go."

​             "I don't believe in promises. They're meant to be broken you know."

​             "Luhan--"

​             "Please, just let me stay like this."

 

 

< | >

Annyeong~ Thank you for accepting this shy rabbit's friend request!! and I hope you enjoyed today's update!! Is the Luyoon moment enough? or Should I make it more fluffy next time?
I have to sleep since I just decided to finish this chapter late at night when I'm supposed to be sleeping since I have school tomorrow XD so I'm sorry if it's not edited!
See You on my next update~  :*
saranghaeyo~ <3