XIII.

Shattered

13 > > >

 

             Yoona found herself lying on her posh red couch the next day with her soft wool blanket covering her and a splitting head ache. Her television was left on, and it was showing a special about creatures from myths and legends.

            She recalled herself getting home late last night and finding Kris and the others waiting for her. She probably drove them out of her flat and collapsed on her couch, but that still didn't explain why there was a blanket on her and why the television was .

            She turned the blaring television off and lay back down on her couch. Her head ache was killing her, and she was guessing that this was the side effects for visiting Luhan. She probably caught his cold.

            She sighed and rubbed her temples. She couldn't skip class today, not when she already skipped class yesterday with Baekhyun. *Speaking of Baekhyun, I wonder if he's fine. . . . . Luhan too.*

            Yoona quickly shook the thoughts away and got up from the couch. *No, it's none of my business. Besides, I have better things to worry about.*

            Her head ache was really bad, her body felt weak and feverish. Nevertheless, she couldn't afford to skip school so Yoona decided to take a quick bath and get ready for school. She slowly staggered her way to her bedroom while massaging her temples repeatedly. 

            "It's just a head ache, Yoona. It'll be gone later. Fighting!"

            She did a fist pump and entered her room, actually not convinced by what she just said.

            The bath was nice and hot. It relaxed her more than she thought it would, and she ended up staying in the bath longer than planned. The bath sorted her thoughts out too.

            It would be for the best if she avoided Baekhyun and Luhan today was what Yoona was thinking, but of course fate always has a way with twisting what people hope for.

            After changing into a warm sweater and jeans, Yoona quickly got a random coat from her closet and stuffed her feet in a pair of high-cut boots. She took her usual sling bag with her and made her way to the bus stop with a latte macchiato in hand.

 

            The weather was cold and crisp, and Yoona was immediately glad with her choice of clothes though she wished she had brought her beanie along. Who knew what would happen to her if she had decided to wear cute floral dresses again? She would probably faint in the streets because of hypothermia plus her "head ache".

            She was sipping her coffee to keep her warm and swinging her legs childishly when she saw him walking towards her. His white hair was disheveled, and beads of sweat was rolling down his face. He was obviously panting hard from running, and his cheeks were probably red from the cold.

            Yoona dropped her coffee in panic and quickly ran to Luhan's side.

            "Omo! Luhan-ah, are you okay? What happened to you?"

            Up close, Yoona could see bruises on Luhan's face. He looked tired, like somebody had suddenly absorbed the life out of him. There were gray streaks on his hair that weren't there before. It made Yoona worried.

            Luhan suddenly cupped her cheeks.

            "Yoona, you're sick, aren't you? I can feel it. Don't lie to me."

            She shook her head and wiped Luhan's sweat with her hands.

            "I'm okay, but you're obviously not. Come on, Luhan. We have to get you to the hospital."

            Yoona tried to lift him up, but Luhan just continued cupping her cheeks and stared at her eyes. There was something different about them, but Yoona didn't know what.

            "You're sick, and you're still worrying about others. You really are just like her."

            Yoona paused and looked at Luhan again. Suddenly, the gray streaks in his hair were gone, and his bruises disappeared. Yoona held back a gasp.

            "L-Luhan, your wounds. . . . . ."

            The boy just stood up and got Yoona by her hand. He smiled at her, but it wasn't the warm smile that Yoona knew. It was different, a lot colder and ominous.

            "Yeah, I know. Are you scared?"

            Yoona had no time to react because at that moment someone suddenly pushed the boy away from Yoona and shoved him to the ground.

            "Get your filthy hands off my girl, Kim Jongin."

            Yoona's eyes widened. *Kim Jongin? Who is Kim Jongin? And this voice, Luhan? but Luhan is right in front of me. Who--*

            "Chill, Luhan, I was just toying with her."

            She turned her head and found Luhan gritting his teeth while this supposedly "Kim Jongin" guy just stayed on the ground with a smug smile.

            There was a glow, and Yoona could not remember what happened next.

 

< | >

            Yoona found herself staring at the familiar ceiling of Luhan's living room. A cold towel was placed upon her forehead, and she could feel a pair of warms hands clutching hers tightly. She turned her head and looked for the owner of the hands.

            "L-Luhan?"

            Luhan was sitting on the floor with his head on the couch. His eyes were closed, and he looked so peaceful. Yoona felt her heart skip a beat. She wanted to touch his face. *No, no no, what are you thinking, Yoona? I must be going crazy!*

            She tried to sit up but felt the pain in her head return. Her head ache was worse than it had been a while ago, and it was bringing her down.

            She decided to lie back down and look at Luhan. He looked so different from yesterday when he was sickly and disheveled. He looked healthier now, but he still had those dark bags under his eyes. His face was free from bruises, and other than his chapped lips, he looked fine. No sign of what happened a while ago.

            He looked so peaceful compared to when he was gritting his teeth. His features looked soft. The lighting in the room caused his lashes to cast flickering shadows on his face, and his hair was a messy mop of white hair. He looked so young. Yoona still couldn't believe he was older than her.

            Yoona was about to brush Luhan's hair away from his eyes when he suddenly stirred in his sleep. Yoona let out a soft gasp, and Luhan immediately woke up and found Yoona looking at him with a pair of wide eyes.

            She quickly covered it up with a bow.

            "Oh, I'm sorry. I woke you up again."

            Yoona forced a smile. She didn't know what she should do. Should she thank him? But what should she even thank him for? Should she ask him about what happened a while ago? Should she--

            Luhan decided for her.

            "Yoona!"

            He threw his arms around her and pulled her into a really tight hug. Yoona felt herself tense in his arms.

            "You're fine! I thought you were dying on me again! Don't ever do this to me again!"

            He cupped her cheeks and leaned closer to her. He was getting closer and closer, and Yoona felt her heart beating faster and faster. She could feel his breath on her face. She bit her lip.

            Luhan was just a few inches away from her lips.

 

< | >

And here I am with my cliffhangers again~ so. . . . . do you think Luhan will kiss her? or will I be a bully to Luyoon again and stop them from kissing with one of my tricks? you'll see soon enough if I update tomorrow~ ahahaha, " IF "~ 
I hope you enjoyed today's chapter (though it's actually quite boring for me XD) I think I failed to show to everyone that this story is a fantasy story with ?superpowers? in the past few chapters~ anyway, I started showing it in this chapter. I'm sorry for making Kai a bad guy  
BTW, I have a perfectly good reason as to why tonight's update is a cliffhanger. . . . . It is because I'm defying me motion-sickness again and am typing in the car. XD and I'm dizzy and this seems like a good part to cut >:) I have to stop my reaaaaaaaally long author's notes. . . . *sigh*
anyway, see you on my next update~
Saranghaeyo~ <3 <3
I mean it. I love everyone!!!! Someone upvoted my fanfic again and I'm really thankful! Honestly, I feel that my organization of thoughts etc. is faulty and yet you guys still subscribe and comment. Jeongmal Khamsamida!! Saranghaeyo~

always showering you with hugs and kisses,
MissBlackRabit