Press Conference

When the Playboy Married the Nerd

 Listen to (White Lie by DBSK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twCBKuaq148

______'s POV:

It wasn’t until Jaejoong and I had walked approximately 3 miles that morning until we saw a small log cabin by the side of the dirt road. Luckily, the current residents there allowed us to call for the private jet to come pick us up and head over to LA. And to pick up our luggage from home. The residents of the cabin had a 13 year old daughter and in return the both of us signed her teddy bear. But Jaejoong and I both rejected the idea of pictures since we probably both looked like wet, stinky dogs. In other words, crap.

            No sooner then an hour later a private jet had arrived, courtesy of Jaejoong, and the both of us made our way to LA. We had both taken proper showers at the log cabin and on the plane changed into some cleaner clothes. Jaejoong’s hand was properly treated by a requested personal doctor on the jet.

            “Good thing you wrapped this up Jaejoong. If you let it dangle any longer your wrist could’ve been done for,” Doctor Choi had said.

            “Oh, yeah, well, my wife wrapped it up for me,” Jaejoong said.

            I liked how he was referring me to his wife more often.

            “Well she did a good job.” The doctor smiled at me, as if he knew my inner intentions for doing so.

            I grinned and walked back to my seat on the jet. Looking out the window, all I managed to see was blue. And occasionally streaks of white. There was something about that experience that night that sent butterflies to my stomach. And all of the points lead up to Jaejoong.

            My husband.

            The way I felt so safe when he was with me, and there were so many times where he could’ve left me to die. But he didn’t. Was it because he really cared about me? Or maybe it was only because he had a heart?

            Suddenly, I felt the seat next to mine being occupied.

            “How many more hours till landing?” Jaejoong asked.

            I looked at my watch. “About an hour left to go.”

            “That’s good. I hate planes.”

            “So do I.”

            When the plane landed in LA, Jaejoong and I took a taxi to LA. This time we made him show us his ID. The hotel that we were staying at was the newly established one from Jaejoong’s parents, and we met them at a restaurant there.

            “Hello,” I greeted as Jaejoong and I sat down across from his parents.

            “Hello ______! How is your marriage with Jaejoong going?” Mrs. Kim asked.

            “Alright, I guess,” I answered truthfully.

            I felt Jaejoong loosen up beside me.

            “So do you guys have plans for a child?” Mr. Kim asked.

            Our eyes widened. It suddenly grew very awkward between us.

            “Um…no…” Jaejoong responded. “Not at the moment anyway.”

            I nodded.

            “Well, just be thinking about it because your grandma and grandpa want to see their grandchildren before…you know…they expire,” Mrs. Kim nicely put.

            “Oh…” I said. I could already imagine Jaejoong’s grandparents sitting at their big white home, waiting for the news of a new born child.

            “We’ll ‘do it’ when we’re ready.” Jaejoong tensed up again.

            *Like that’s ever going to happen*

            Jaejoong stepped on my toe to signal my agreement.

            “Oh! Yeah, right…” I said, not meeting his eyes.

            “So can we move onto another subject?” Jaejoong asked, clearly not wanting to discuss any more of this.

            “Fine, sure.” Mrs. Kim said as our food came out.

            The rest of lunch went smoothly without any further comments on a child and soon, the awkward wall had been broken. After lunch came the press conference.

            Jaejoong and I sat down while the endless flashes almost blinded my eyes. I started feeling very nervous as to what I should say to the reporters. Jaejoong must’ve sensed this because he leaned over and whispered, “Don’t worry, ok? Just be honest.”

            “Honest?” did he want me to be 100% truthful about everything?

            “Yeah. If you make a mistake I’ll step on your toe or something. And if it gets really bad then I’ll save you. But we have a translator so it won’t be too bad,” Jaejoong said.

            *Way to make me feel better*

            The press conference officially started. At first it was just simple questions. Like about how we feel about the new establishment and how it can influence and help others. But then they moved onto our love life.

            “So how’s the marriage between you two going ______?” A reporter asked.

            I took in a breath to lie and say something positive and predictable but then I remembered Jaejoong’s words: just be honest. So I closed my eyes and let it all out.

            “To be honest, in the beginning it was kind of rough. We had fights, arguments, and many complications as to what belonged to whom. I really considered getting a divorce just months or even weeks after this marriage.” I felt Jaejoong tense up again. “But an arranged marriage is never made to be worked out perfectly. I guess after a while I started to depend on him and maybe that’s how you’re supposed to feel when you have a husband. You feel safe when he’s around you, you feel comfort and serenity. I guess that’s what I’m starting to feel now…” I paused, to look up at Jaejoong. His eyes were focused on me, his expression indescribable. “So now, at this moment, I’m not very sure about a divorce because Jaejoong has become one of the most influential people in my life and…I wouldn’t want to lose him.”

            The reporters clapped loudly, probably shocked and satisfied with my reply, and that concluded the press conference.

            On the ride back to the hotel it was dead silent. Until Jaejoong broke it. “That was a great speech you know.”

            I turned to him. “Really?”

            “Yeah. It depicts how I felt too. About the marriage.” Jaejoong didn’t meet my eyes.

            I nodded. “Well, you told me to be honest. And I can’t lie too good if so many people are watching me speak.”

            Jaejoong nodded and we didn’t say another word to each other throughout the whole ride.


A/N: WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! 100 SUBSCRIBERS!!!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! <3 so imma post a few more chappies for my new readers :) and there's a little something for my old readers who've been reading this reposted story anyways. it's an extra chapter that i'd been thinking of posting but ended up deciding against it. but as an extra surprise, i'm going to post it for you guys to read =D i guess you can say it's kind of like a deleted scene almost? or an alternate scene?

NOTE: IF YOU ARE ONE OF MY NEW READERS, AND IF YOU DON'T WANT AN IMMEDIATE SPOILER, DON'T READ THE BONUS CHAPTER. IT'LL ONLY SPOIL THE FUTURE CHAPTERS FOR YOU =) but of course, some people's curiousity do get the better of them. but it's your choice =D i was going to write a new extra chapter, all brand new, but it just didn't fit in XP

NOTE: and i don't plagarize any stories. especially ones pertaining to this one. (idk why but this is the story that always ends up getting accused) i wrote this last year and just started reposting it now with a few edits. i admit that a small part of LWAFMD was similiar to one of the other stories that i'd been reading during that time but only because i liked that story so much and was inspired by it ^^ but this story (besides the whole arranged marriage idea) was all originally my ideas. if anything's similiar, then it's either a coincidence or their fault. it's definitely not mine because i don't plagarize anything -_- i just wanted to clear that up :)

well, enjoy the extra chappies to come <3 i love you guys!