Being Nice

When the Playboy Married the Nerd

 Listen to (Forgotten Season by Jaejoong): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nftIrtGbs4E

_______’s POV:

            I’ve always wondered how I’d die. Whether it would be cancer, smallpox, murder, poison, suicide, or just by old age. But when I blackened out and collapsed to the ground I really thought that I was done for. And when my eyes finally did open I found myself in a very white room with a big thick blanket on top of me. At first my eyes opened to the white ceiling, sprinkled with strange black dots, but then I turned over to my right. Where I found Jaejoong lightly holding onto my hand, asleep. I peered over and saw that he was sitting on a chair that was pulled up beside the bed.

Why was I here? And why is Jaejoong here with me?

 No One’s POV:

…2 HOURS AGO…

            Jaejoong’s eyes widened. He knelt down next to your body and by now everyone was crowding around him and you along with Tiffany.

            “WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!?!” Jaejoong cried to Tiffany while trying to shake you awake.

            “Me? I’m innocent.” Tiffany’s eyes blinked rapidly.

            “God damn it,” Jaejoong cursed. “______! ______!” Jaejoong shook your body even harder, worried to death that you might be gone.

            “I’ll call an ambulance!” Changmin volunteered, punching numbers into his cell.

            Jaejoong’s heart was beating so fast and his body was almost numb from shock. He didn’t want to admit it, but he was scared.

            Scared that you might be dead.

            You didn’t awaken and Jaejoong stood up, facing Tiffany, who was now twirling strands of her hair.

            “YOU !” Jaejoong yelled. “What the did you put in her drink?!”

            Tiffany rolled her eyes. “If you really must know oppa, it was a pill. And a fast working one at the least.”

            “You drugged her?!”

            Through all of the commotion, T.O.P was ready for the next scoop.

            “It was the least I could do oppa. She didn’t deserve you and you know that,” Tiffany responded, looking for dirt in her nails.

            Jaejoong didn’t know that she’d go this low. To drug you and to leave you in vain.

Listen to (Insa by Jaejoong): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXU8vhRiXWk

            By then the ambulance had arrived, the sirens booming loudly. The paramedics came in and put you on a gurney, which had to be one of the most frightening sights in Jaejoong’s life. He has only seen this on Grey’s Anatomy and now it’s really happening.

            To his wife.

            Jaejoong rode in the ambulance with you. The ride was bumpy and the back of the ambulance was extremely claustrophobic but Jaejoong didn’t even notice. Because he was too busy staring at your face. Your closed eyes, unconscious. It all worried him too much.

            Once in the hospital the doctors did some tests you, trying to figure out what was in that drink that Tiffany had given you. It indeed was a pill that drew you to unconsciousness. Tiffany probably mixed it with the apple cider and was planning to give it to you anyway. The pill was considered undefined but if you hadn’t been rushed to the hospital in less than 20 minutes, you would’ve been done for.

            The doctors treated you and all that was left was to leave you to awaken.

            “Kim Jaejoong?” the doctor summoned.

            Jaejoong’s head perked up. The waiting room was full, with other people waiting for their name to be called.

            “Yes?”

            “______’s going to be ok.”

            Jaejoong sighed in relief. Never in his life has he ever been so grateful.

            “As I presume, your wedding’s tomorrow, correct? She’ll be well by then. All she needs to do is get some rest but be careful, she might feel shaky when she wakes up. We cannot specifically identify which kind of drug was used but it shouldn’t be too harmful, as of now anyway,” the doctor explained.

            Jaejoong nodded, but all he wanted was to see you.

            The doctor led Jaejoong into your room where you were lying peacefully and very still on the white cot.

            As soon as the doctor left the room Jaejoong pulled a seat to the side of the bed and as he sat down, gazed at you. He felt remorse and sympathy. He knew that Tiffany was evil but was too late. He knew that he shouldn’t have underestimated her and because of your naive ness, this might happen again. Only next time, worse.

            *I’m never going to make that mistake ever again*

            Without thinking, Jaejoong lightly grabbed your hand and kissed it, letting it stay on his lips. He didn’t realize what he was doing, what he was feeling, but at this point in the game, he didn’t care nor notice one bit of it.

            Jaejoong waited for you to open your eyes and smile at him but as an hour passed, he eventually got tired of waiting and dozed off by the side of your cot.

            This is how you found him when you awoke…

Listen to (Insa by DBSK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNWkC_mnjB0

______’s POV:

            I sat up on my bed and looked at Jaejoong, asleep.

            *Was he waiting for me to awaken?*

            Just as I was wondering what the heck was going on, Jaejoong’s eyes suddenly opened and he slowly rose up, his eyes finally meeting mine.

            “______?” Jaejoong asked

            “Jaej-

            But before I could finish he suddenly pulled me into a hug, his arms enveloping around my body. I was taken by such surprise, since I just woke up from who-knows-what and has no idea what happened. But what surprised me the most was that I never saw this side of Jaejoong before. His caring, kind side. With his arms resting on my back and his chin tucked just above my shoulders, it felt…

            …nice…

            A feeling that I never felt before swept over me in this one single hug that I didn’t even know the reason behind it.

            When Jaejoong finally let go and sat back down on his chair, I didn’t know what to expect. I faced him and asked the only thing I could, “What happened?”

            Jaejoong explained to me about Tiffany’s drugging thing everything up until the ambulance came but he never told me the reason why he was holding my hand and why he suddenly pulled me into an abrupt embrace.

            “You’re so naïve, you know that? To both Hyun Joong and Tiffany, you know they’re evil but you talk and fall for their traps anyway,” Jaejoong tilting his chair backwards.

            “I can’t help it. When people are nice to me I’ll be nice to them back,” I replied.

            “Yeah but have you ever thought about fake niceness? That exists a lot in this world little grasshopper,” Jaejoong said.

            It then occurred to me that it was 1:30am! My wedding day is here, the ceremony preparations starting in about 7 hours!

            “Should we go home now? The wedding’s today, Jaejoong. We should get some rest,” I stated, looking at the clock.

            “Oh, right,” Jaejoong said.

            I tried to get out of bed but Jaejoong held his arm out, stopping me.

            “The doctor said that you’ll feel shaky when you’re awake. So,” Jaejoong turned around so that his back was facing me, “I’ll piggy back you to my car.”

            “It’s ok, Jaejoong, I could-

            “Get on,” Jaejoong said more firmly. “I’m being nice here, you should appreciate it.”

            I hesitated before hopping onto his back, connecting my arms around his neck. Jaejoong took a hold of the back of my legs and leaped forward, leaving the hospital room. I was still wearing the party dress, my hair a total disaster. But Jaejoong was the only one I was paying attention to right now.

            Why was he being so nice? But then again, this only happens every once in forever, so I should soak it in for as long as I can.

            We were in the parking lot now, the cold night wind brushing against my skin.

            Once we reached the car Jaejoong gently set me down and helped me get into the car. He even put on the seatbelt for me…

            How much nicer could he get?!?!

            The ride home was silent, as always, and by the time we got back to the mansion I was already starting to doze off. After I’ve changed into comfortable P.J’s and brushed my teeth, I came out of the bathroom to find Jaejoong fluffing his pillows on the couch.

            “Jaejoong? What are you doing?” I asked, taking baby steps to where he was.

            “What does it look like I’m doing? Letting you borrow my bed for the night,” Jaejoong replied.

            “Yeah…but…why?”

            “I’m not so cold hearted to make you sleep on the uncomfortable leather couch, am I? ______, you’re still in bad condition. Plus, we have the wedding today. You need the better sleep.”

            I didn’t say anything and crept into the big king sized bed with big fluffy covers. Jaejoong turned off the light, the whole bedroom now dark and silent as can be.

            “Jaejoong?” I suddenly called out.

            Jaejoong didn’t say anything but I knew that his attention was now turned to me.

            “Thank you,” I said.

            And with me getting the last word, the both of us went to sleep.