What Happens in Vegas...Stays in Vegas

When the Playboy Married the Nerd

 

Listen to (Killing Me Slowly by Chrishan): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOi58gx_I88

______’s POV:

No sooner than later was when Tiffany and Hyun Joong accompanied me in the limo. The driver had handed me a box of tissues and I had used up about half.

            “You see now ______? Jaejoong paid me and Hyun Joong to create a plan that would help you guys divorce. Since he knows that you’re an easy faller, he figured that it wouldn’t be hard to lure you in and then dump you completely,” Tiffany explained.

            Looking back at this, it seemed pretty stupid of me to believe Tiffany and what she claimed Jaejoong to do. Especially since she had tried to kill me so many times already. But at that point, I was too shocked from seeing Jaejoong , in bed with a girl, that it really caused a disruption on my innocent mind. And plus, I was just so sad, thinking that Jaejoong could’ve actually chosen me. Out of all of those other pretty girls he had chosen me, a nerd. Well, mental-wise anyways…

            So I believed Tiffany, and accepted Hyun Joong’s request about being his date for the Vegas dinner party. I suggested that I should go back home and pack, but Hyun Joong insisted that everything will be provided for me, and that we need to get to Nevada by noon. And with that, Hyun Joong and I hopped onto a plane at 2 in the morning. I know what I was doing was crazy. Maybe I should’ve asked for an explanation from Jaejoong, it would’ve been more practical, since Tiffany and Hyun Joong were known for their evil minds. Maybe I should’ve done something

            As soon as I sat down on the airplane seats, I immediately went to sleep. Such a long night…I don’t know when the throbbing pain in my heart will end…

            And why was I crying anyways? Did I like him THAT much? No. Can’t be. All because of a kiss in the rain and a little, “I love you” I start falling for him like crazy and cried when I see him in bed with another girl. HA! NOT! I don’t even like him, I’m declaring that right now. I’m just going to say that my crying was an aftershock from seeing people. Just like how Jaejoong’s friend Changmin watches every night. Except he’s not crying while his eyes are glued to the computer screen...

Listen to (Waiting by BoA): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NVqQY9FyMY

Jaejoong’s POV:

, , , , , , , ! I am in such deep ! So right after Tiffany and Hyun Joong left, I was alone with Jennifer, and boy did I want to give her a piece of my mind. But before I could say anything she held up her hand and said, “Jaejoong, before you say anything, I have a question to ask you.” Since I didn’t answer to that, she proceeded. “Why do you like ______? Seriously?”

            “Why are you asking?”

            “Because, you just saw every part of me, and yet here you are, panicking because ______ thinks you cheated on her,” Jennifer said. “So tell me, why?”

            “Jennifer, this is not the time.”

            “Then why won’t we do an exchange? You tell me why you like ______ and I’ll tell you where Tiffany and Hyun Joong took her.”

            I felt my heart stop. Could she possibly know where they took her? Of course she did, she was part of their little plan too, right? Seemed simple enough.

            “Ok. Deal,” I said as I found a set of clothes in my closet. Jennifer gestured me to continue. “I like ______ because…because…” I struggled to find the right words. How did I really feel about her? After everything that had just happened for the past 24 hours? Then, I finally realized it. “Because she’s unique…she defines herself from everyone else. Maybe it’s because I’ve been around her for so long now, and I used to think that she was an ugly, nerdy, soda-spilling freak.” I laughed at the memories. “But after all of these months, weeks, days – I can’t even remember how long ago it was since we got married – I’m starting to realize that it isn’t the looks that count; it’s the personality. I’m not saying she doesn’t have nice looks, because amazingly without those glasses she really is stunning…but now I know what they mean when they say to don’t judge a book by its cover. Ever since I’ve been on this crazy rollercoaster with all of this arranged marriage , I’ve realized many things. And _______ makes me realize that this marriage isn’t after all, it’s happiness. She just makes my life different, more entertaining, having some actual realness to it. Unlike my old life which only consisted of clubbing and having with girls every week. I also think that’s why I’ve been moving so slow on her. She’s different from all of the other girls I’ve hit on and made love with. And that makes it harder because I know that she’s not easy to give in to. And maybe that’s the reason why I just…I just…”

            Oh , I’m not going to say it, am I?

            “…just love her.”

            Yep, I said it.

            I looked up at Jennifer, and I saw her reaction. She had her face to the ground, her hands by her side, as if she was thinking really hard about something.

            “Ok. You win.” She looked up at me. “She’s in Las Vegas. Get there while you can.”

Listen to (Run Devil Run by SNSD): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_gfD3nvh-8

______’s POV:

            Hyun Joong and I got to Vegas around 1pm, and a limo drove us to the Wynn hotel. We got separate rooms, thank god, and he told me to rest before we need to get dressed up for the dinner party, which was at 7pm. I woke up promptly at 4pm and went to the room next door to find Hyun Joong putting on his shoes.

            “Ready to go?” he asked.

            I nodded.

            Hyun Joong and I headed over to the lobby, where we met an old couple. I assumed that they were Hyun Joong’s parents. He nudged my shoulder, and said, “Act, and go along with this, ok?”

            “Ok.”

            “Over here Hyun Joong!” his mom called.

            “Hello mother, hello father,” Hyun Joong greeted. “I’d like to introduce my date, Lee ______.”

            I bowed and we exchanged greetings. They seemed to like me, and Hyun Joong looked pleased with himself. “We’ll be going to get our hair and makeup done before heading off to the party,” Hyun Joong said.

            “Oh, will Kim Jaejoong be coming today? I wanted to see him with his wife,” Hyun Joong’s mother said.

            Apparently, she does not what Jaejoong’s wife looks like. Me.

            “I don’t think he’ll be coming,” Hyun Joong said politely before heading off and dragging me along. We went up the elevator and into some random suite. There was a woman inside, sitting on the sofa while smoking a cigarette.

            “Is this she?” she asked in a husky voice as we approached her.

            Hyun Joong nodded. “She’s all yours,” he said in English.

            And before I knew it, the stylist Kiara Runes was sending curlers to my hair, makeup to my face, and sending other people to iron my dress properly. There was no mirror in the room because Kiara says that my final look should be a surprise. So I just sat in that swivel leather chair, while Kiara and a bunch of other people worked on me. It seemed longer than any of my other makeovers, and since there was no mirror I really was anticipating the result. It got to the point where I started to yawn and I was getting tired of sitting down for so long. How many times have I gone to sleep for the past 48 hours?

            “Madam Kiara,” said one of her assistants. “The dress is finished.”

            “Great. Send it in.”

            Right when I first saw the dress I knew that never in a million years would I ever wear something like that if it was up to me. The dress was a silky brown, sort of like chocolate, and it hung off one shoulder and it must’ve gone above my knees. I was scared to put it on, afraid that I would give it a bad name.

Dress: http://www.yesstyle.com/en/joanne-kitten-one-shoulder-satin-party-dress-coffee-one-size/info.html/pid.1022568267

            “Your hair and makeup is done. Put on the dress and shoes and you’re free to go,” Kiara said.

            I obeyed and cautiously made my way up to the dress. I took the dress and shoes and slipped into the bathroom where I saw myself for the first time in hours. I looked amazing, I admit it myself. Even at my wedding day I didn’t even look this good. My hair was in neat, shiny, soft curls and my makeup was gentle but had a sense of recklessness to it as well, contrasting my face beautifully. And I’m not one to brag. And after putting on the dress I felt even more confident that I could pull it off just as beautifully as how it was made. I slipped on the jimmy choo heels and wore all of the jewelry that was advised for this outfit. I took one last look in the mirror and was all set.

            I said thank you to Kiara and went down to the lobby where I saw Hyun Joong waiting for me by the elevator, his back leaning against the wall. He was wearing a tuxedo, and his loafers were polished to a shine. His hair looked fresh, and looked very handsome. Never would I think that he was evil.

            He looked up at me and smiled. And right then and there I thought I saw the Hyun Joong that I thought that I had known once before. The nice, gentle, caring one that handed me his handkerchief when Jennifer humiliated me. He eyed me from head to toe and smiled in satisfaction.

            “Let’s go.”

Listen to (This Song by 2AM): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eWE-z_SgrQ

By 6:45pm limos and taxi cabs were already piling outside Wynn hotel, people in extravagant dresses and ironed tuxedos gathered all around the lobby of the hotel. The dinner party was held at a buffet next to it, reserved specifically from 7 to midnight. Therefore, people were milling around the lobby, waiting for Hyun Joong’s parents to give the signal and welcome them in. I was standing with Hyun Joong, greeting everyone.

            “Hyun Joong, is this your date?” a woman asked.

            He nodded. “Yes, yes she is.”

            “Has a similar appearance to Kim Jaejoong’s new wife,” she muttered as she past.

            I was grateful when the bells chimed and everyone was free to go in. I took my seat next to Hyun Joong at one of the dinner tables. I was eating happily, all of the cuisine was delicious. I was laughing with some of the other girls that were there, telling stories about themselves. I was having a good time. That is, until I heard a commotion outside the buffet doors.

            “What the you bastards, let me in!” said a voice that sounded awfully like Jaejoong’s.

            Oh, .

            What the hell is Jaejoong doing here?!

            “Excuse me,” I said to Hyun Joong as I stood up. “I’ll be back.”

            “Ok.”

            I faked a smile and walked towards the doors. I opened them just a bit, so that I’m not hitting the security guard’s back who was standing in front of it. I saw Jaejoong all right, still struggling with the other security guard who was trying to pin him down. Why was he here? I can’t show him my weak side, and it would just be good if I pretended as if that thing with Jennifer never happened. I don’t fully believe the that Tiffany was telling me about how the plan was all Jaejoong’s idea. But I needed to find out why he was here. To see me? Doubt it.

            “Excuse me,” I said. The guard backed away from the door and I squeezed through, revealing myself to Jaejoong. The guards were holding him back but he stopped struggling with them as soon as he saw me. He eyed me from head to toe, his mouth starting to drop open second by second.

            “Let him go,” I commanded, my eyes still on him. He was in a gray t shirt and jeans, as if he was in a rush to get here. Usually the only thing Jaejoong ever cared about was his looks.

            “And you are?” the guard asked.

            “Lee _______, Kim Jaejoong’s wife.”

            The guards dropped Jaejoong. “S-So…YOU’RE the famous Kim Jaejoong, one of the top heirs of the world?” he asked.

            Jaejoong nodded, clearly pleased that they were proven wrong. “Yes, yes I am.”

            The guards bowed. “We’re terribly sorry.” Then they saluted him.

            “Huh,” Jaejoong scoffed as he wiped off some imaginary dust off of his shoulders. “You should be sorry,” he muttered under his breath. He turned to look at me and all I did was stare at him back, not sure of what to say at the moment.

            “Um…” I cleared my throat. “Can I talk to you?”

            Jaejoong nodded and we walked down to the corner, where we wouldn’t be heard. “What are you doing here?” I asked.

            “I should be asking you the same thing,” Jaejoong said, crossing his arms.

            “I’m here because Hyun Joong asked me to be his date for the dinner party. Your turn.”

            “Oh my Hyori, why would you ing agree to that _______? Haven’t you seen enough bad out of him? And yet you still trust him to take you to Vegas and dress you up like some baby doll?” he took a step forward. The way he said my name scared me, but I didn’t want to lose this argument. “Well guess what _______? He’s still a lying bastard. And you probably think so good of him because he dressed you up in glitter and gold. Newsflash. You look like . Ok? I don’t care if you actually might look like the most beautiful girl on earth. But because Hyun Joong dressed you, you look like the ugliest I know.”

            I swallowed the lump in my throat, but soon it had burst and before I knew it I was crying. Again. But I had to speak, if I wanted to win. “Is that why you’re here then Jaejoong? To tell me that I look ugly and am only a piece of ? If I’m like this then why’d you kiss me then?”

            Jaejoong opened his mouth to speak but stopped himself, his expression suddenly changing. “_______, I-

            “Shut up,” I stopped him. “You’ve said enough, ok? You know what? Tiffany was right. You were planning this yourself all along, huh? Hiring her and Hyun Joong. Playing yourself as the good guy. Because you hate me so much, right? Well guess what? Game over Jaejoong. You wanted me to go away right? You wanted me to get out of your life, right?” the tears fell down carelessly now. I didn’t care about how my makeup was smearing. I didn’t care about how I felt when he had kissed me that one time. I didn’t care where we were and how he’d feel if he saw me like this. All I cared about was how my heart felt. It was as if my heart was made out of glass and from Jaejoong’s words it suddenly cracked and shattered to millions of pieces. “Well…” I took a step back from him. “If you wanted to make me divorce you then you’ve finally got your wish.” And with that, I turned around and started walking. I didn’t want to see him anymore, I was officially done with him.

            “_______, wait. Please, wait.” I heard him call after me but that didn’t make me stop walking. “I-I made a mistake, ok? I was just mad and you were with Hyun Joong and I got so mad, I…”

            But he trailed on after that, as I didn’t even bother to argue with him anymore.

            I went to the restroom to wash my face, careful not to smear my makeup any more than it already was. Then I quickly went back to the party, making sure to put on my best composed expression.

            “Is anything wrong?” Hyun Joong asked.

            “I’m fine,” I turned back to the entrance, where Jaejoong was probably long gone by now. “Just fine.”

A/N: hehehe, i know some characters may seem hateful and unbelievable right now but don't worry, it's just for drama :)