Chase

When the Playboy Married the Nerd

 Listen to (Round and Round by U-Kiss): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI_-L9bBbvg

No One’s POV:

“How much am I getting this time?”  

“100 bucks.” Tiffany slammed a one hundred dollar bill onto the table.       

“I got ing nauseous today. But this is worth it.”   

Tiffany smirked. “It’s not the end yet. It’s a good thing ______’s so gullible and you’re so good at acting. If she was any smarter we would’ve been screwed.” Tiffany lifted up her glass of wine and took a long sip.  

“Don’t worry about it. The pay is worth for everything I’m doing.” Hyun Joong took the seat across from Tiffany and folded his legs.         

“Jaejoong, however, will be a tough one to crack. We need to take another piece of action towards _______ before I can lure him in completely. Are you up for the challenge?”

Hyun Joong nodded. “Most definitely.”

______’s POV:

When I woke up the next morning I found myself tucked neatly under a blanket, lying sideways on the couch, Jaejoong no where I sight.

*Where did he go?*

I saw a note on the coffee table and picked it up.

Went out for a jog. I’ll make breakfast for you when I get home >.<

- Jae~

I randomly smiled and just as I was going to get back to sleep, the doorbell rang. I expected it to be Jaejoong, so I hurriedly got up and opened the door.

            “Jaejoong I-

            But the person behind the door wasn’t Jaejoong at all.

            “Hyun Joong?”

            Hyun Joong smiled. “Hey.”

            “What are you doing here so early?” I asked.

            “Was in the neighborhood…thought I’d stop by,” Hyun Joong replied.

            “Well…maybe you should leave soon because Jaejoong might be coming back any minute…and you know how Jaejoong feels about you…” I said carefully, not wanting to hurt his feelings.

            “It’s alright, I can handle it,” Hyun Joong said cheerfully. “Speaking of, would you like to do something with me today?”

            “Today? You already treated me to Big Bang World yesterday,” I replied.

            “It’s alright, you’re my girlfriend. Now go get changed and meet me in front of my car in 10. Ok?”

            I nodded and dashed upstairs to change into some clean clothes. For some reason, I didn’t want to leave before seeing Jaejoong. He was always the first person I saw every morning. Maybe I’ve gotten so used to it that I didn’t even feel complete without doing so.

            But putting those feelings aside, I quickly got dressed and washed up before heading downstairs and out to the front yard, where Hyun Joong was waiting for me by his car.

            “Ready?” he asked.

            I nodded. And with that, I sped off with Hyun Joong.

Jaejoong’s POV:

            That morning, I felt strangely happy. I felt so happy that I decided to take a morning jog. Something that I haven’t done in forever. I dunno, I just felt like it. So I tucked ______ under a blanket and cleaned up the snacks from last night. Before leaving, I checked on ______ one last time, beamed at my handiwork, and took off.

            I’ve noticed one thing: I’ve gotten nicer. I mean, if it was the old me I wouldn’t have even brought out a blanket for a girl. But why _______?

            Suddenly, my heart started beating much faster, and I felt my ear turn red, and it soon spread to my face. And I knew that this weird concoction on my body had nothing to do with the jog. My heart started beating faster as I continued my pace, which wasn’t even fast. And as the images of _______ flooded my mind, I seriously couldn’t take it anymore.

            I stopped running, panting like crazy. What the hell was wrong with me? My palms were already sweating, and it hasn’t even been a full block. Nevertheless, I finished running around the block once, and returned to the house in one piece. When I came in I found the blanket on the couch put away, with no one sitting on it, and the house empty. Puzzled, I went into the kitchen to find a note on the fridge.

Hey Jae,

I’m out with Hyun Joong, and probably won’t be back until later. I brought my phone with me so if you need anything, just call

-______

            WTF?!?!

            I threw the note onto the ground and started stomping on it.

            “Hyun Joong you ing bastard!”

            But before I could get worked up any further, I finally decided to take action against that little contract. And that little bastard as well.

Listen to (Haru Haru by Big Bang): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ne0who5qrg

______’s POV:

Hyun Joong took me to White Rose and we sat down. I don’t know why but I always feel kind of bored when I was with Hyun Joong. Our dates weren’t all that exciting as I would plan them out to be…but how can I tell Hyun Joong that? I wasn’t the type of person who held things in, and I had to be truthful about this relationship. After the night with Jaejoong I realized that even his presence made my life exciting. Nothing like how I felt with Hyun Joong.

            I needed to break up with him.

            We sat down at a small table, me with a small cup of iced tea in my hands.

            “Hyun Joong…I need to tell you something…” I hesitated to say it, but I had to.

            Hyun Joong looked at me, his eyes showing anxiety and puzzlement.

            “I…” I took in a deep breath. “I want to break up with you…”

            Hyun Joong’s eyes widened. “W-What?”

            “I don’t think I should repeat what I just said…” I replied.

            Hyun Joong suddenly looked VERY angry.

            “You can’t be doing this. I was supposed to…I mean…Tiffany…”

            “Tiffany?”

            Hyun Joong looked at me, his eyes flushed with anger. He took out his phone and dialed a number. What was he doing?

            “You’re going to regret breaking up with me…”

            All of a sudden, two big men in black burst into White Rose and grabbed me by the arms.

            “What’s going on?” I asked Hyun Joong.

            But all he did was smirk.

            Suddenly, it all made sense. Hyun Joong WAS STILL WITH TIFFANY!! HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIND?!?! Panicking now, I tried to free myself from the two men who were now taking me outside and into a car. I struggled to stay out of it, but the men held me tighter. Suddenly, I saw someone, running towards me. It all happened so fast.

            Jaejoong ran up to them and punched the first guy in the face and used his second hand to punch the second guy in the nuts. That made them let me go, but I just stood there, too stunned to speak.

            “COME ON!” Jaejoong cried as he grabbed my hand. We ran our hearts out, getting away from the two men who were going to abduct me, and possibly him as well.

            “______ RUN FASTER!” Jaejoong yelled as he dragged me down the street. I heard the men’s footsteps, not much far behind. So I obeyed and ran as fast as my legs would take me, as Jaejoong did the same. It was early in the morning, on a weekend too, but not many people were out and about, which made this situation even worse. After rounding another corner, we finally spotted a big crowd, crossing the street, and went along with them for a while until the two men gave up and left.

Jaejoong and I quickly went into the Starbucks down the street, where a ton of people were now hanging out.

            “That was REALLY close,” I remarked.

            “Close? Talk about life threatening! What the did you do?!” Jaejoong cried.

            “I don’t know! I broke up with Hyun Joong at White Rose and all of a sudden he says I’ll regret it and takes out a phone to dial a number. Next thing I know I realize that he’s still within Tiffany’s clutches and two big men are taking me to their car,” I explained as Jaejoong and I grabbed a seat.

            “Well, good thing I was there while I was. If not who knows where you’d be right now.” Jaejoong fanned his face with his hand. “I’m so freaking awesome.”

            “You mean conceited,” I said. “Speaking of which, how’d you know that I was at White Rose?”

            “Where else would Hyun Joong take you? And since you like mango slushies so much I figured that’s where you’d be. Plus that bastard’s too greasy and cheap to take you anywhere else.” Jaejoong leaned back in his chair. “And besides all of the reasons that I have just mentioned, why else did you break up with him?”

            “He was too boring. I didn’t want to waste my life with him. And after that chase I am now convinced that he’s a psycho and that I’ll never talk to him again.”

            Jaejoong smirked. “Say it.”

            “Huh?” I asked, with a puzzled expression.

            “Say it. Say that I was right and you were wrong.”

            I knew there was a hidden motive behind him. “No.”

            “Say it. But either way you know that I was right.”

            In truth, I really wanted to say that he was right because in reality, he was. But I didn’t want him to think that he had the upper hand in this.

            When we got home we found a gold envelope in the mailbox.

            “Tiffany’s color,” Jaejoong murmured.

            I opened it and found a letter inside:

Better watch out, because I’m coming, And fast.

            The letter wasn’t even signed. But as I looked at Jaejoong to see what his opinion on this was…

            I knew that we both knew exactly who this person was.