The Big News

When the Playboy Married the Nerd

♪ Listen to (Nothing Better by DBSK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlF2wHRHx9c

_______’s POV:

             When I got home that afternoon I slept until dinnertime. At about 6:30pm I came downstairs to find my parents all dressed up. It’s rare that this ever happens because we never need to get dressed up for anything besides weddings.

            “Are we going somewhere?” I asked.

            “Yup! An old friend of ours invited us to dinner tonight. Get dressed ______,” my mom said, putting on her pearl earrings.

            “Ok, but what do I wear?” I asked. “Is this a formal occasion?”

            “Yes. Wear the black dress,” my mom said.

            “That dress? I thought we were saving that for graduation,” I answered.

            “It’ll do fine. You’ll look beautiful in it!” my mom replied.

            I went back upstairs and put on the black dress that was meant for my high school graduation. It was nothing too fancy but it felt comfortable and was practically the only dress I owned. I decided to tie by somewhat thin black hair into two low pig tails; added lip gloss and light blush on my face, and slipped on the black flats that I never wore. I kept my glasses on. I know that when it was time to dress up, it’s something important. When I came downstairs my parents grinned.

“Perfect! Let’s go!” my dad said enthusiastically.

             This must’ve been one exciting dinner because my parents couldn’t stop talking throughout the whole ride in the car. All I could do was stare out the window at the dark starry night. These must be some important friends or an expensive restaurant to make my mom bring out my graduation dress and for her to dress up as well along with my dad.

            When the car stopped, I looked out the window to find us in front of the most expensive restaurant in Seoul, Crimson Essence.

            “Whoa…mom, dad, are you sure we’re at the right place?” I asked, getting out of the car.

            “Yes we are! *sigh* I’ve been waiting for this day!” my mom squealed.

            “The day to see your old friends?” I asked.

            “Uh…right…,” she said, almost as it wasn’t meant for me to hear it. 

            “Honey, keep it quiet,” my dad hushed.

            “Oh! Right.” She grinned.

            *Very suspicious…*

            There was a long line outside of the restaurant but the three of us just cut it, gave the person at the podium our names, and went in right through. Inside the lights weren’t as dim as what you see in movies but red velvet curtains draped the windows and bright luminescent chandeliers hung above the low ceilings. Each table was decorated beautifully and symmetrically. “Wah…” I awed.

♪ Listen to (Miss You by DBSK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGs9UpgXXAY

            “Oh, oh, oh! Look, they’re right over there!” my dad squealed.

            “C’mon, ______! Let’s go!” my mom grabbed my arm and dragged me over to a table that overlooked the freeway. There were 6 chairs, 3 of which, were already occupied. Now that I thought about it…the guy that is sitting across his parents looks a lot like…

            *No…it can’t be…*

            “______! You’re here!” The middle aged couple before us stood up along with their son and we all bowed. As I stood up, Jaejoong met my eyes and he was just as shocked as I was.

            *No way…it’s her…*

            “Jerk?”

            “Soda girl?”

            “You guys…know each other?” my mom asked us.

            *Unfortunately…we do*

            Without answering, we all took our seats. I was forced by my parents to sit next to the devil while they all happily smile and chat. Jaejoong was wearing another suit of his and the dress shirt inside was white, not red.

            “Jaejoong, ______; have you guys met each other before?” Mr. Kim asked.

            I took a deep sigh. “Yeah…we did, once,” I confessed.

            “______, you said you didn’t meet anybody at the market,” my dad stated.

            “Well, I didn’t figure him to be someone I should mention. And why do you guys want to know?” I asked.

            The parents looked at each other and then back to us. “There’s no easy way to say this but…” Mr. Kim paused. “You guys are going to…get married.”

            “M-M-MARRIED?!?!” Jaejoong and I shrieked in unison.

            “Dad, you’re joking right?” Jaejoong asked.

            “I’m not, son. You’ve been too busy playing with girls throughout high school that we figured a girl that’s set in stone in your life would benefit both you and your reputation as the heir,” Mr. Kim explained while Mrs. Kim nodded along.

            “Mom, dad! I’m getting married to this person for his own benefit?! Am I like some add on or something?” I asked.

            “Actually, no. Ever since you guys were born we figured you two to be soul mates and promised each other an arranged marriage but throughout our separate lives we lost contact with each other until we were reminded of the marriage that we had promised,” my dad explained.

            “So my wife was already set?! And with this person?!” Jaejoong pointed to me.

            “I have to marry this conceited jerk?!” I pointed to him.

            “Aw, look, they’re lovingly fighting already,” my mom cooed.

            “When we saw ______’s records at SM High we realized that she is the EXACT opposite of the girls that you bring home! Isn’t that great? She has the highest IQ in the school!” Mrs. Kim said.

            “Great? Marrying this nerd is…great?” Jaejoong asked sarcastically, obviously angry at all of this.

            “And ______, think about it! This may be your first real relationship!” my mom gushed.

            “First? Real?” Jaejoong laughed.

            “MOM!” I hissed.

            “When you said you didn’t meet anyone at the supermarket we got worried that you guys didn’t meet. Did you?” Mrs. Kim asked.

            “Yeah. We did meet there and she spilled grape juice on my suit!”

            “On accident,” I added.

            “Well, the hard part was telling you guys. The deal’s done.” Jaejoong’s dad stood up. “The moving van will be there tomorrow and I’ll take care of the enrollment.”

            “Moving van? Enrollment?!” I cried.

            “You can’t go to SM High anymore sweetie. Wife of Kim Jaejoong needs to go to Seoul High and you’ll be moving into our mansion until we find a house for you both,” Mrs. Kim said.

            “But my friends are at SM High! What about Yoona?! A-and, does Eunhyuk and Donghae know about this?!” I asked.

            “They’re studying overseas so we can’t reach them at the moment but when they come home for winter break we’ll break it to them,” my mom assured.

            I sighed.

“Wait, wait, wait…she’s going to go to the same school as me? And live in the same house as me? What the fck?” Jaejoong protested.

            “Jaejoong, language,” Mrs. Kim scolded quietly.

            Jaejoong turned over and glared at me. I glared at him back, trying to figure out which expression would look more threatening.

            *This is going to be a nightmare…*

♪ Listen to (I Never Let Go by DBSK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0x2jaDQSis

            That night I couldn’t stop thinking about what would happen tomorrow. I’m going to a different school, leaving all my teachers, leaving my family, this bed room, leaving my reputation behind and starting something new.

            All because of some promise. If it was some kind, smart boy I wouldn’t mind as much but with the jerk who calls me a nerd and his slave, I wouldn’t do it for all the chocolates in the world.

            The next morning I start packing all my stuff into cardboard boxes. There wasn’t much to pack and I felt sad that I’ll have to be living without my family’s guidance.

            *Calm down ______, think of this as a learning experience*

            After everything was loaded into the moving van I said farewell to my parents and got into the back. When we arrived at the mansion, the gates were open.

            *They must’ve been expecting me*

            Mr. and Mrs. Kim greeted me at the entrance. “Nice to see you ______! Come on in, explore your new home.”

            I bowed and took careful steps throughout the mansion. Now that I was a permanent guest, I didn’t want to break anything. They didn’t even know that I was here yesterday. In just 3 days my life has turned to absolutely normal to a lifetime of torture. I couldn’t blame my parents though. A promise is a promise. And besides, now that Jaejoong and I are husband and wife, I could hit him all I want =D

            I went upstairs and thought about which room was going to be mine…unless…me and Jaejoong were sharing one. I shook the thought out of my head and headed down the hall to take a peek in the rooms. The first one I opened was very nicely decorated. The color schemes were white, red, and dark grey and it had a light atmosphere to it. Definitely my style.

            “Is this Jaejoong’s room?” I asked myself. Taking a look at his strangely neat room, I poked his things and lay down on his bed. It was soft but bouncy and I started doing snow angels on it, laughing to myself.

            “Ah…this is nice…,” I murmured relaxingly. I closed my eyes.

            “YAH! GET OFF OF MY BED AND OUT OF MY ROOM!”

            Oh sh1t.


A/N: I'm glad you guys are enjoying this story :) thank you so much for the comments and subscriptions<3