Lies

When the Playboy Married the Nerd

______’s POV:

            I was on a date with a mystery boy. I saw myself perfectly clear but the boy across from me was hidden in the shadows.

            “I had a great time tonight,” I was saying.

            “Yeah me too.” And as the boy leaned in closer to me for a kiss goodnight, I saw his face being revealed from the shadows. It was…

            *JAEJOONG?!?*

♪ Listen to (Hug by DBSK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5mwsRSeFvs&feature=related

            My eyes immediately flew open as I awoke from my strange dream. My heart, it was beating so fast. What was up with that? Why did I have that dream? My eyes focused on the white ceiling as I tried to calm down from my near nightmare. I glanced at the clock which read 7:30am.

            *Good, still have some time to wash up and get dressed*

            I was going to sit up but I couldn’t. It then occurred to me that someone was holding me back. Someone was holding onto my waist, preventing me from getting up at all. My eyes turned over to Jaejoong, who was sleeping right beside me, his arm across my waist.

            *What is he doing on the bed? What are we doing on the same bed?*

            As I tried to comprehend my thoughts and have them organized, Jaejoong grunted and pulled me in so close that my cheek was lying against his chest.

            “Pitter patter, pitter patter,” went my heart.

            I looked up at him, trying to figure out how to get out of this mess. But to be honest, I seriously couldn’t think…because I was too busy to stare at his overly angelic face. I wasn’t the type of girl to check out guys while they’re clinging onto you but at this moment, I seriously couldn’t help it. His eyes, the way his bangs carelessly flung over his eyelashes, his lips, always seemed to be the color pink…

            *SNAP OUT OF IT ______!! FOCUS!*

            Carefully removing Jaejoong’s arm, I quietly squeezed out of the small opening that I’d made. Successfully exiting Jaejoong’s grasp, I quickly RAN to the bathroom to wash up. NEVER would I want to go through all that heart beating, terrifying, and life threatening experience ever again =) 

Jaejoong’s POV:

            As my eyes came to an open, the white covers of my comfy bed surrounded me.

            *what a nice sleep I had*

            It then occurred to me that _______ slept on this bed…with me…together….HOLY !

            I scrambled out of the bed and looked around the room. She was no where in sight.

            Deciding on the fact that she didn’t even notice me on the other side of the bed, I washed up and went downstairs. I found _______ eating some cereal with milk at the kitchen bar, watching TV.

            She acknowledged my presence and didn’t say a single word as she finished up her breakfast.

            *Psh, whatever*

            “A few days ago we reported that the famous Heir to Simply Kim Luxury Hotels, Kim Jaejoong, will be getting married sometime this year. This is indeed ironic since he was well known as a playboy around the business arena. With multiple pictures and videos of him with various girls, the media was extremely surprised when it was confirmed that he was getting married and indeed has a fiancé. Named Lee _______, she and him were seen entering Yoon Wedding Specialties and came out looking as happy as ever. It looks like things are confirmed for the two.”

            The television screen then showed fan taken pictures of me and _______ exiting the building. I turned over to _______ whose eyes were just as widened as mine.

            “Was our marriage supposed to be leaked out to the media?” she asked.

            “I dunno, my parents don’t tell me a thing,” I answered.

♪ Listen to (Chocolate Love by SNSD): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2NkGHkqDZk

______’s POV:

            When I got to school a whole bunch of girls were glaring at me as I passed down the halls. Jennifer came up to me, regardless of our last incident.

            “Well, look who it is, oppa’s fiancé,” she sneered.

            “Get the hell out you ,” I fired.

            “Make me,” she snapped. With that, she pushed me. I wasn’t going to let her get the upper hand. I punched her back, right in the nose. She tried to punch me back but I dodged and twisted her arm which sent her to the ground.

            “That’s how you do it,” I said, walking away. But before I could even take a step Jennifer grabbed my ankle which sent me face first to the hard tile floor.

            “OW!” I said as I got up. I gave Jennifer one last glare before she left, smirking. By now, a whole crowd gathered around me, asking if I was ok. I could feel my nose bleeding, my cheek and ankle throbbing with undeniable pain.

            “______! Are you ok?” I looked up to see Hyun Joong, staring down at me.

            “Yeah, I’m fine,” I fibbed, struggling to get up.

            “No you’re not, here, let me help you.” he swooped me up in his arms, carrying me bridal style. My eyes widened in surprise as he carried me to the nurse’s office.

            “Really, Hyun Joong, you really don’t need to, I can-

            “No, it’s fine, I want to,” he said.

            “What’s Hyun Joong doing carrying Jaejoong oppa’s fiancé?”

            “What the hell is she doing, what a .”

            “Awww, how cute!”

            Comments like these roamed around the student body as Hyun Joong generously carried me to the nurse’s office.

            I didn’t think too much of Hyun Joong non other than a friend. I thought he was nice and truthful. But he was so much more…. 

Jaejoong’s POV:

            “JAEJOONG HYUNG!!” Yunho shrieked as he ran up to me. I was walking with Yoochun, bag slung over my shoulder.

            “What?” I asked.

            “______ got into a fight with Jennifer!” Yunho reported.

            Now that got my attention.

            “Wait, what?!”

            “Dude, aren’t YOU her husband? Because I just saw Hyun Joong CARRY, and I mean BRIDAL STYLE CARRY her to the nurse’s office,” Yunho continued. “I thought you guys were enemies.”

            *We are…*

            “Hyung, aren’t you going to do anything about this?” Yunho asked.

            I smirked, “Let’s just say that for now, we’ll see what he does to ______ and see if he succeeds or not. After all, he always likes to take everything that’s mine right? Well, ______ is only HALF mine, so there. I just want to see his plan fail for once,” I said, following Yoochun across the school yard to the classrooms.

            “I don’t think that’s the best idea….” Changmin murmured.

            “What?” I asked.

            “What if ______ ends up getting hurt, wouldn’t that be worse then seeing Hyun Joong lose?” Changmin asks.

            “She won’t get hurt.”

            “But what if she does?” Changmin pressed.

            “I said she won’t, ok? Aish, smart asses like you and her.”

            “Nerds are cool man,” was the only comeback Changmin could configure.

            Despite the things I said, a hidden feeling in my gut told me to warn her before she could get hurt…by me.

            *What the ? Do you….CARE? Shut up Jaejoong! FOCUS!*

______’s POV:

I was sitting on the small cot provided in the nurse’s office. Hyun Joong was off to fetch her and explain to her my condition.

            “Looks like a minor sprain,” she said, examining my ankle. “These bruises should heal in a few days too…despite your bruised nose, everything looks fine. Just ice the ankle for a while and I’ll be back to bandage up the bruises.”

            The nurse left the room, leaving me and Hyun Joong, alone.

            “Thank you,” I said.

            “No problem,” he replied. “So how’s the marriage between you and Jaejoong?”

            “Wouldn’t you know? You’re his best friend, right?” I asked, afraid of mislabeling him.

            “Maybe just friends, not best friends, if you know what I mean but all he told me was that things weren’t working out between you two.”

            “Well…I guess the mood’s been lifted up these days but you never know, we might end up in a fight again,” I say.

            Hyun Joong nodded. The nurse came back with a box of bandages and helped me with my various bruises. While walking back to class, Hyun Joong spoke up.

            “So I guess we’re friends now, huh?” he asked with a slight hint of anticipation in his tone.

            “Sure, friends,” I said, smiling. He was the only one at this school who treated me so special and friendly.

            But I was making the biggest mistake that I would ever face; I just didn’t know it yet.

♪ Listen to (Romantic by SHINee): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTwiQQb1f98

            School was over for the day before I knew it and the endless murmurs and laughs died down by then. Jaejoong was waiting for me by his car, like always, but today he looked exceptionally angry. I didn’t know what it was but I didn’t dare to ask.

            During the car ride home, I could feel questions burning up in Jaejoong’s mind.

            “Did it hurt?” he asked, his eyes wandering away from mine.

            “At first, but now I’m ok,” I replied.

            “Stay away from Hyun Joong,” he ordered suddenly.

            I was taken off guard once again. Weren’t they friends?

            “Aren’t you guys friends?” I question.

            “What gave you that idea?” Jaejoong suddenly snapped.

            “Well, he said-

            “I’m warning you _______, don’t get close to him. He’ll tell you lies, he’ll hurt you.”

            “But I actually made a friend today. I have someone to sit with at lunch now,” I continued.

            “Friends?! He’s taking it fast this time….” he murmured. “Didn’t I just tell you to stay away from him?! And now you’re telling me that you’re going to sit with him at lunch?!”

            “Where else am I supposed to go?!” I cried.

            Jaejoong sighed. “I’ll make an exception, just for you, because you’re my wife. I suppose you could sit with me but ANYWHERE than Hyun Joong’s table.”

            “Wait, but I don’t get it, he said that you guys were close,” I said.

            “Lies, lies, lies.”

            I hesitated to ask this question but it ended up popping out of my mouth. “Why do you hate him?”

            Jaejoong took a deep breath as he made a sharp turn past a green light. “There are plenty of reasons….but the biggest reason is that….I guess he’s always felt competitive around me. Every girl I went out with, he went out right after, every sport I signed up for, he signed up for it too and persists to be captain when everyone knows that I’ve been chosen already. Those were just minor incidents. The biggest incident was when.” Jaejoong paused and swallowed hard. “He nearly killed her….”

            “Her?” I repeated.

            “Yeah…..” Jaejoong continued. “When I was in my freshman year stress from school always got me frustrated so I always went to a small park by the mansion after school. One day, I met a girl there; she never told me her name but she made my life happier. She lifted my worries of being heir and school. I really was in love; but then HE just had to ruin it. Just a month after me and her met, he decided to follow me after school to the park. There, he pushed her into the pond and she nearly drowned. I didn’t know that she couldn’t swim and saved her only seconds before it would’ve been too late. I never saw or heard from her after that.” Jaejoong took a deep breath. “So there you go, I told you, are you happy now?”

            I was still lost in thought; I didn’t know how to respond to his tragic love story. It sounded….familiar; strangely, in a way, it rang the bell somewhere. I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

            Jaejoong’s car pulled up into the garage and I quickly got out, wanting to escape the already dreary atmosphere. I was in such a hurry that I tried to run and ended up falling splat on the garage floor. I forgot that my ankle wasn’t fully healed yet.

            “Ow…” I winced, trying to get up the best I could.

            “Klutz,” Jaejoong mumbled, walking past me, not even caring about my recent fall out of many.

            “YAH! HELP ME UP!” I cried.

            “Why won’t you ask Hyun Joong to do it since he’s your ‘friend’?” Jaejoong asked mockingly.

            “Whatever, I’m not arguing with you….” I said as I pushed myself up and limped into the house on my own.

            Jaejoong seriously didn’t seem to care. But all I could do was think back to what he told me. Did Hyun Joong lie to me all along? About waiting for me when Jaejoong was sick and even faking the fact that he was Jaejoong’s ‘bestie’? Also, was his caring ness for me just simply a lie? Did he use my marriage with Jaejoong as an excuse to have conversations between me? I wanted to stay away from him like Jaejoong advised but at the same time I thought that I’d found a friend at a school full of rich kids. Eating lunch with Jaejoong would be the last thing I’d do but I had no other choice. If I hung out with Hyun Joong at all Jaejoong would surely kill me judging by his horrible love past.

            That was another thing that troubled me. His love story sounded very familiar. It could even be the reason why he was such a jerkish playboy to this day. But I felt as if I’ve heard that before or even freakier, FELT that before. Three years ago I did have an accident; one similar to that of Jaejoong’s telling but it wasn’t right to confirm anything.

            With another stressful day ahead of me, I anticipated tomorrow.

            And possibly, the rest of my marriage.