The Right & Wrong Things

When the Playboy Married the Nerd

 Listen to (Tik Tok by 2PM): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRrgT1JEHeo

______’s POV:

            When I got back to school most of my injuries and bruises very lightly visible. I considered them minor, but I was still limping a bit and my arm had a few troubles every once in a while. Despite Jaejoong’s disagreement on Hyun Joong’s claims, I still talked to him. And Jaejoong learned not to care about what I did. But sometimes I couldn’t help but notice a disappointed expression on his face as I walked past him to talk to Hyun Joong.

            “Hey,” I said one day to Hyun Joong as he was walking across the school yard.

            “Hey ______,” he replied as the two of us fell into step. “So, are you doing anything after school?”

            I thought about it before concluding. “No, I don’t think so.”

            “Great, pick you up after school then.” Hyun Joong smiled.

            “Huh?”

            “______, I’m asking you out.” Hyun Joong chuckled. “You’re supposed to say ‘yes’?”

            “A d-date?” Did he really like me that way? Should I trust him and believe that he’s out of the clutches of Tiffany? Or should I still keep my guard up?

            “Yeah. I mean, I thought it was kind of obvious. With the kiss and all…” Hyun Joong wouldn’t look at me in the eye.

            “Oh…well…sure, if you really want to.” I really didn’t want to disappoint him. Somewhere, in the back of my mind, I immediately thought of Jaejoong and how he could feel about me. But then I thought about how I should let loose a little bit and make the most of my high school love life. I barely have anything for that topic, so might as well give it a try.

            It wouldn’t hurt, would it?

            When the bell rang, I rushed to class. But as I came through the door I couldn’t believe my eyes.

            Jaejoong and Jennifer were making out in the corner of the classroom.

            Jaejoong must be taking the meaning of the contract into his own hands as well…

            I remember a few months ago when he was doing this exact same thing and I didn’t care about it at all.

            But now, I did care. And I couldn’t believe that he went back to his playboy ways. Just like that. Then what had happened at the dinner party? Him saving me from Tiffany beating me to death, him crying because of me, him taking care of my injuries and helping me get to bed.

            Him kissing me goodnight.

            As I walked into the classroom, Jaejoong broke away from Jennifer. He said something to her before she strutted back to her seat. She smirked at me before reaching down to get something out of her backpack. During class, I felt Jaejoong’s stare press through my back. It was so strong that I could literally feel it pierce through me. I turned back to look at him and our eyes met for a while. I didn’t know if he was sorry, or guilty for making out with another girl for so long. And I wasn’t sure if I was mad or even disappointed in him for placing his lips on another girl’s when I craved for them myself.

            Strangely admitting it, I did crave for his full on kiss. But I doubt that would ever happen in this lifetime, not at this pace.

            Now I couldn’t wait till school ends.

Jaejoong’s POV:

            When I got to class that morning I felt grumpy. Like how I usually felt nowadays for some reason. Ever since I gave _____ that kiss goodnight, things have been…different between us. I can’t describe it, but in my defense, it just came out of no where. I couldn’t help myself. She looked so helpless…

            Anyway, now I kind of regret having ______ and I sign that stupid little contract in the first place. I can’t stop her from talking to other guys, such as Hyun Joong, and this very fact drives me crazy. I know that his involvement with Tiffany still exists but I didn’t want to have an argument with her. So my only option was to protect her at all costs on whatever next move she makes.

            Then maybe ______ will finally learn her lesson about ME being right…

            So anyway, that morning I was so grumpy about something – I didn’t really know what – that when Jennifer asked me if she could make out with me I didn’t even care anymore. And besides, I really have been cooped up for way too long. Time to let loose man.

            But when I saw ______ enter, I really couldn’t think. Why do I feel like I just got caught cheating? Is it because she’s my wife and I know it? I just felt like she was going to come over here and slap Jennifer in the face, and then turn to slap ME in the face as well.

            But that didn’t happen. Instead, she just walked over to her own seat, not even looking at me. This made me feel strangely disappointed. It would’ve been nice and “wifey” of her to come over here and slap Jennifer in the face.

            Or did I just want to see her jealous?

            Any who, throughout the remainder of class I couldn’t stop staring at her. What was she thinking when she saw me and Jennifer making out like ? Did she want to come over here but hesitated? Did she even see? Did she even care?

            Either way, I couldn’t peel my eyes away from her and for the longest time. I longed for her to look back and just give me a smile. Just one simple smile would tell me that she was ok. But when she finally did turn around all she did was look at me and then turned back around. Her expression blank.

            Soon, I had eventually snapped myself out of it and went back to reality but that strange, unknowing feeling stayed with me until the dismissal bell rang. As I was making my way to my car, I saw ______, walking in the opposite direction of the parking lot.

            Away from my car.

            I was going to yell out to her that I was here and that I could take her home now. Or I probably would’ve yelled, “YAH! Where the hell are you going?”

            But then I soon realized where she was heading to. A white convertible, parked on the other side of the lot. Also known as…

            Hyun Joong’s car.

            WTF?!?!

            And before I knew it, _______ had gotten into his car and he drove her away. What was up with that? Had he threatened her to come with him? Is he going to do something bad to her? Either way, I HAD to follow them. I didn’t want her to fall into any evil clutches. Not now and not ever.

            I made sure to not lose Hyun Joong’s car as I followed it. Where could he possibly be taking her?

            I was so sure that he was going to take her to an alley or a club. But instead, he had pulled up to White Rose. I frowned in puzzlement and disappoint. I decided to park in front of the big window so I can see them clearly without having to come inside since White Rose was kind of small as it was.

            I saw her laugh as Hyun Joong said something, her smile so big.

            *She never smiled like that around me*

            And two minutes later I see a cup of mango slush in her hand, and one in Hyun Joong’s hand.

            Now this got me mad.

            Really mad.

            I mean seriously, what’s she trying to do? Replace him with me? That can’t be it, right?

            But then again, did this have anything to do with me and Jennifer this morning? She couldn’t be…jealous…could she?

            I could’ve stood there and watched them further but if I did then I’d have to go in there and punch Hyun Joong in the face.

            So with that, I started the engine, and drove away.

Listen to (One by DBSK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz2aqglzLxE

______’s POV:

Swirling around the icy mango slush with my straw, I thought back to Jaejoong. Why has he been on my mind so much lately? Is getting together with Hyun Joong the right thing to do?

            When I got home, Hyun Joong walked me up to the front door and before leaving, gave me a kiss on the cheek. I’ve been kind of getting used to his PDA’s. This isn’t the first time that this has happened after all.

            I watched Hyun Joong walk back to his car, watching him drive off, before turning back to the front door. After getting inside, I noticed that the house was dead quiet, maybe except for the air conditioning running. I threw my bag onto the couch and tiredly walked up to my room. But as I was getting into my room, Jaejoong was coming out of his room. He noticed me, and his eyes lit up, like a light bulb had just been inside of his brain.

“Hey, you’re home.” He said, almost in a cheerful way.

“Yeah,” I simply replied.         

“Um…where were you?” Jaejoong asked, leaning his shoulder against the wall.

“Out with Hyun Joong.”

“Really.”

I nodded, clarifying this. “It was…sort of a date actually…”

“A date.”         

“Yeah…”

I looked up and to my surprise, Jaejoong’s expression seemed different. A mix of sadness, pain, and anger. Although, I could tell that he was trying to hide it.

“Oh…ok…” was all he said before he brushed past me to the bathroom.

            *look at that. Doesn’t even care.*