Mango Slush and Lullabies

When the Playboy Married the Nerd

♪ Listen to (Oh! by SNSD): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbwL8kSpEk ♫    

            The next day at school I was undecided of my seating arrangements during lunch. Looking over at Jaejoong’s table, I proceeded there as planned. I placed my tray of food on the table and sat down.

            “Hey ______!” Yunho, Changmin, Yoochun, and Junsu exclaimed.

            “Hey guys,” I greeted.

            I looked up from the table to find Jaejoong making out with a girl in front of me. Jaejoong noticed my presence and broke up with her. “You’re here.”

            I nodded but I seriously didn’t have an appetite anymore after what I just saw. As I picked up my spoon of rice for a bite Jaejoong went making out another round with another girl at the table; a different girl.

            *How disgusting…*

            Taking this as an opportunity to make a run for it, I grabbed my tray of food and got out of there. A few more seconds and I would’ve started barfing already. I then spotted Hyun Joong sitting by himself at a table in the corner, staring blankly out the window.

            “Hey,” I said, setting my tray of food down next to his.

            “______!” he said.

            “What are you doing eating alone?” I asked, now having an appetite.

            “I was just thinking…” he replied, again staring absent mindedly out the window. He glanced at my lunch.

            “Rice with meat and vegetables…” he murmured.

            “You want some?” I offered, noticing his expression. The only thing on his tray was a cookie. “If I can half of your cookie?” I quickly added.

            “Deal,” he said, smiling.

            He broke half of his cookie and handed it to me while I scooped up half of my lunch onto his empty plate.

            “Bon appetite,” Hyun Joong cheered, holding up his glass of water.

            “Cheers!” I said cheerfully, clinking my glass with his.

♪ Listen to (Lies by Big Bang): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxmQcZrDycc

No One’s POV:

5 minutes after your leave, Jaejoong noticed that you were no longer at the table. “Where’d she go?” he asked the other guys.

            Changmin nodded his head over to the table where you and Hyun Joong were seated, chatting away happily.

*What the is she doing there? I thought I told her to stay away from him*

            “Oppa….” A girl whined beside him.

            “Shut up will you?” he snapped as he watched the sight of you smiling at Hyun Joong.

            *Doesn’t she know what she’s getting herself into?*

            But before he could get up to yell your off, the bell rang, signaling that lunch was over for the day.

            *God damnit*

            He didn’t get a chance to talk to you in class and you didn’t even care a speck about him. Inviting your wife to your lunch table to get away from the “enemy” and he ends up making out with girls the whole time? Yeah, there was the contract and all, but isn’t it a little too much? Anyways, you didn’t care.

            When school ended Hyun Joong caught up with you after class. “Hey ______!” You turned around, somewhat happy by his presence. “Yeah?”

            “Do you want a ride home?” Hyun Joong asked with pleading eyes.

            You contemplated on the idea. “Sure, but can we grab something to eat first?”

            “Sure, just as I was thinking,” Hyun Joong agreed.

Just as you two were going to leave, you heard your name called in the distance. “________!!”

            You turned around to see him. “So close,” you heard Hyun Joong silently whisper.

            Jaejoong walked up to the two of you and moved his gaze from your face to Hyun Joong’s. “______, you’re coming home with me,” he demanded.

            “What if I don’t want to?” you asked. “And besides, don’t you have some girls to make out with?”

            “Are you jealous?”

            “No, who said I was?”

            “Whatever.” Jaejoong suddenly forcefully grabbed your wrist and pulled you away from Hyun Joong’s side. When he was sure that Hyun Joong could no longer be heard by him, Jaejoong spoke. “What the were you thinking?!?! Didn’t I tell you to sit with me today?!?! Didn’t I tell you to stay ing away from him?!?!” Jaejoong screamed, still dragging you to his car.

            “How could I sit there and eat my lunch with you making out with girls the whole time? I know I’m practically a nobody to you but I’m still your wife you know! And seriously, it’s ing disgusting to watch you tongue with girls! So, sitting with Hyun Joong makes me feel more at ease,” I explained carefully.

            “At ease? HE’S THE FREAKIN ENEMY YOU !”

            “DON’T CALL ME A YOU IN BASTARD!”

            “YAH! TAKE THAT BACK!”

            “NEVER!”

            You pulled away from his grasp and stormed out of the school campus, deciding to take a walk home instead rather then getting into a car with that jerk. You picked up your pace, not even caring that you could clearly hear your name being called by that voice.

            Jaejoong pulled the car by your side, driving along your long strides.

            “Get in the car,” he demanded.

            “No.”

            “I said GET IN THE CAR.”

            “And I said NO. No way am I getting into a car with a person like you,” You said, not meeting his gaze. You picked up your pace even faster.

            “Look, if you get in the car, I’ll buy you something to eat,” Jaejoong bargained.

            That caught your attention. You stopped walking.

            “What can you get me?” you asked.

            “Anything, as long as you get in the car. If any reporters find out that we’re having conflicts my parents will ground me until I die,” Jaejoong said.

            “Fine.” You opened the passenger door. “I want a mango smoothie. Get me some.”

            “Fine, whatever.”

            You slammed the car door shut as Jaejoong drove off to the nearest smoothie place. The car ride was silent, as you were still mad about Jaejoong calling you a .

♪ Listen to (You’re My Melody by DBSK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4ptnfr-5fU

______’s POV:

            I requested for a smoothie at my most favorite place in the world: White Rose. After Jaejoong’s car was fully parked, I quickly scurried out of the car and went into the lively café.

            *Heaven*

            “What would you like to drink?” the cashier asked.

            “Uh….Mango slush please,” I ordered. I turned to Jaejoong. “Do you want anything?”

            Jaejoong didn’t reply and just left his eyes wandering, not wanting to make any eye contact.

            “Guess you don’t want anything…,” I murmured to myself as I sat on a bar stool like chair looking out the window. I nested my elbows on the table, cupping my face into my hands.

            “Are you always hungry?” Jaejoong asked, taking a seat next to me.

            “Food is my best friend.” I replied, staring out at the pedestrians walking across the café. “Speaking of which, there’s something I’ve wanted to ask you, how’d you know that I was hungry?”

            “You were making plans with Hyun Poopie to eat, remember?” Jaejoong answered.

            “You don’t need to call him names,” I stated. “He’s really nice you know. Thousands of times nicer then you. Which also reminds me, you didn’t apologize yet.”

            “Apologize? Isn’t me buying you a drink an apology already?” Jaejoong asked.

            “Yeah, I guess so, but an ‘I’m Sorry’ would be nice ya know,” I answered.

            “I don’t do ‘I’m Sorrys’ I never say sorry to anybody. It’s not my style of apologizing.”

            “How conceited. I wonder where you got that from.”

            “The guy in Shining Inheritance but of course, I started it. The writers of that drama just adapted it into his character,” Jaejoong boasted.

            “You’re such a jerk.”

            “Thank you.”

            “That wasn’t a compliment.”

            “To me, it is.”

            “You’re weird.”

            “Thank you.”

            “Oh god…”

            Jaejoong laughed in victory while I started fuming in my defeat to his no sense comebacks.

            “One regular sized Mango slush,” the cashier called out, setting my drink onto the counter. I got up, grabbed it, and brought it back to my seat. Removing the plastic wrapping around the straw, I stabbed the straw into the top plastic covering of the cup. I drank it heftily.

            “YUM!”

            Jaejoong stared at the cup, his lips. I got his message, but turned the cup away, my back facing him.

            “YAH! Gimme some!” he whined.

            “No. Go get your own.”

            “But I’m broke! I used all of my pocket money for that stupid drink.”

            “Stupid?” I shook the plastic cup. “Have you ever tasted mango slush?”

            “Hell no.” Jaejoong crossed his arms.

            “Well then I’ll give you a chance to taste it since that is the nice person I am.” I stuck the cup in his face.

            Jaejoong hesitated a little bit but he had to admit that he was dying of thirst. “But I’m not drinking your straw.”

            I pulled out another straw and stabbed it to the top of the cup. “Happy?”

            Jaejoong took the cup and sipped a bit of it. He then took more sips and soon, a fourth of the cup was growing empty.

            “I never said you could drink all of it!” I cried, snatching the cup from his hands.

            “It’s good,” was all he said.

            I placed the cup on the counter and took a sip of the drink in the first straw. Suddenly, a light shadow loomed over me. Without taking my lips off of the straw, my eyeballs rolled up to see Jaejoong drinking out of the other straw. His eyes were focused downward but then it slowly rolled up to meet mine.

            My heart seemed to stop, right then and there. I don’t know what came over me but I couldn’t take my eyes off of his. There was something about it, which made me wonder more about him. Before he was a playboy….

            “Awwww, look how cute they are!”

            “Isn’t that Kim Jaejoong and Lee ______?”

            Jaejoong and I quickly pulled away from our position and awkwardly retreated back to our seats.

            “Can I have you guy’s autograph?” a girl and a guy asked.

Jaejoong’s POV:

            The mango slush was a new flavor to me. ______ snatched the cup away from me and started drinking it all herself. Since there were two straws, I suppose that she wouldn’t mind if I took a sip too. Setting my lips onto the second straw, I instinctively looked up. ______’s big eyes stared right back at me.

            *Thump, thump, thump, thump….*

            My heart…it was beating so quickly….at a speed that I never knew existed. My mind seemed to have gone blank, my eyes feeling a magnetic force to her’s. Have I ever felt this way before while looking into a girl’s eyes? Never.

            “Can I have you guy’s autograph?” a girl and a guy asked.

            The both of us were quickly brought back to reality. I jumbled around in my seat before taking the girl’s paper and pen, signing it quickly. Strangely, I wished that moment could’ve been replayed again.

            “Make it to Yesung please,” the guy said to _______, jumping up and down in place in excitement.

            “Here you go,” ______ said, handing him the piece of autographed paper.

            “Thank you so much!” the couple said.

            “You’re welcome,” we both said in unison.

            I looked at the clock pasted onto the wall. “Should we get going?” I asked.

            ______ nodded, finishing up the smoothie.

______’s POV:

            That night I couldn’t sleep well at all. With the split personalities of Hyun Joong and Jaejoong being so hypnotic sometimes it was all too much to bear. Even throughout my tossing and turning I was always brought back to stare at Jaejoong sleeping on the couch. I looked at the time: 1:29am

            “Jaejoong?” I called out.

            He tossed and turned around in his bed for a bit before opening his eyes to meet mine. His face didn’t look too happy.

            “I can’t sleep,” I said.

            “So what? You woke me up for that?”

            “How do you go to sleep when you can’t?” I asked.

            “That never happens to me now good night.” Jaejoong turned his back to me.

            “Can you……please sing me a lullaby?” I asked hesitantly, afraid of the result.

            Jaejoong turned back around, now facing me. “A lullaby? Sorry, I don’t do lullabies,” he replied.

            “PLEASE? Back when I was little Eunhyuk and Donghae would sing me a lullaby to sleep when I can’t but now that they’re both studying overseas they’re not here right now and you’re the only person I can turn to.” I put my hands together, begging. “PLEASE?”

            Jaejoong took a deep sigh and got up from the couch. He sat at the edge of the bed and tried to figure out which soft melodic song he should sing, if he could sing at all.

            “Don’t laugh ok?” Jaejoong said.

            “I won’t.”

            And then…he started to sing…

Jaejoong’s lullaby (omg I never realized how HOT he looked when he was singing this song<3):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdBUivMSQ60

            When Jaejoong was done singing, I was already starting to go into dreamland. Jaejoong didn’t say anything after he finished his last line and he didn’t hear anything from me since my eyes were closed but as he started back to the couch, I quietly spoke up.

            “Jaejoong?”

            He turned back.

            My eyes opened and I showed a genuine smile. “Your singing is really great.”

            Jaejoong smiled a small smile but didn’t say anything as retreated back to his couch.

            *This marriage isn’t so bad after all*

A/N: i loved reading all of ur comments so i decided to update again :) Oh my jaejoong did anyone see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvqADes0ukg

THIS SONG IS SO BEAUTIFUL! T_____________T if only HoMin was singing beside them *cries some more* i rly do hope they come back soon...AKTF<3