Chapter 4

He's my Appa!

Soojin woke up earlier than usual. She wasn’t bothered by her nightmares, her past; her awful past. She wanted to forget it, if only … if only … Yoseob … no, no! She shook head. “What are you thinking?! Yoseob is a blessing Yang Soojin, not a curse!” she thought. “An innocent child, a sweet and cute child, he is” she looked at her son, still coiled up like a baby. She looked around their room. It was so plain. She never thought of putting some decorations on the wall except for a picture: of her and Yoseob, smiling so sweetly.

She got out of bed, took a bath, and got dressed for work. The aroma of brewed coffee and toasted bread enticed her. She took some sausages and fried them. “I’m sure Seobie will love these” she said to herself as she tossed the freshly cooked sausages into the plate. As she was scooping out some rice from the rice cooker, Yoseob suddenly hugged her. He was tiptoeing when he hugged his mother.

“Aigoo~ you should eat well, Seobie-yah, so you can be taller” Soojin patted her son’s head.

“Taller like Doojoon appa?” the question struck Soojin, but she still managed to let out a smile and changed the topic.

“I’m sure you’ll love the sausages Seobie-yah” Soojin placed 2 sausages on the kid’s plate. “Seobie-yah, I already found a daycare for you. You like to meet new playmates right?” the kid took a bite of the sausage and nodded. “So, we’re going there today. After you tidy yourself, I’ll accompany you there. But I won’t be long because I have work to do, ok honey?”

Yoseob just smiled and nodded. “I wonder why omma isn’t talking about appa. Maybe they fought yesterday” he thought as he finishes eating his breakfast.

------

“So, this is your new daycare, new playground, Yoseob-ah. Let’s go, let’s meet your new playmates” Soojin and Yoseob went inside ‘The Kids’ Wonderland’. Soojin gave her payment and kissed her son before leaving. When Soojin left, Yoseob was then introduced to the other kids.

“Yoseob-ah, your sister is really pretty” Eunkwang, one of the daycare staffs, told Yoseob who was busy watching Thomas the Train with the other kids.

“She’s not my sister, she’s my mother!” Yoseob retorted.

“Really? She’s so youn—“

“Eunkwang-ah, don’t disturb the kid. He’s watching cartoons” Jihyun reprimanded him. “By the way, where’s Gayoon? We’ll start teaching numbers”

As the teachers prepare their things, a tall kid, named Sungjae approached Yoseob.

“Hyung, you really looked like Thomas the Train” Sungjae laughed. Instead of getting mad, Yoseob find it amusing, and in fact he agrees to it.

-------

It was a tiring start for Soojin at the café. Her co-workers never stopped asking questions about the incident yesterday. She patiently (and honestly as possible) answered every question thrown to her. But one question tested her patience.

“So, who is Yoseob’s real father?” Hyunseung innocently asked.

 Soojin’s grip on the tray tightened. Her sweet and calm aura disappeared.

“Is the cappuccino ready? I’ll serve it now” she coldly asked Hyunseung. The latter just nodded.

When Soojin was out of earshot, Hyunseung asked his co-workers. “Did I say something wrong?” Pairs of baffled eyes met his. Others just shrugged.

“Here’s your order sir. Enjoy your drink.” Still showing professionalism, Soojin set aside her feelings and smiled before the customer.

“I see you have a son now, Soojin-ah” The customer took off his hat and shades. His lips formed a little smile. Was he hurt? Yes, very much. Disappointed? Yes. He was hurt & disappointed. He was too late, was he?

Soojin’s heart and mind were in chaos. ‘You still love him. Go and talk him. You can still patch things up’ her heart says. ‘Just let him go. He left you’ her mind says. She stood there staring at him. She still can’t believe what her eyes are seeing. After 5 years, after 5 LONG years, he came back. He still has those beautiful eye smiles, the eye smiles that once captured her heart.

“What a queer greeting to an old FRIEND, Gikwang-ah.” Her lips twitched. She bit her lower lip. “Don’t cry. Don’t create another scene Yang Soojin!” she thought.


ohh~ Kiki finally appeared^^

Thanks for the new subscribers >_<

Please do comment & subscribe~