Chapter 1

He's my Appa!
It was a bleak and quiet night. Soft cries were heard… soft moans echoed throughout the dimly lighted room.
 
“P-please … h-help me … N-no … please don’t …”
 
“Omma, omma, please wake up, wake up. You’re having a nightmare” Yoseob shook his mother, Soojin.
 
Soojin woke up panting. She hardly caught her breath. She turned to her right, and saw her worried son. Tears suddenly filled her eyes. “Oh, Seobie-yah” she sobbed as she hugged her son.
 
“Omma, did the boogeyman appear in your dreams?” Yoseob broke the hug. “Why are you crying? Please don’t cry…” Yoseob wiped away his mother’s tears.
 
Soojin let out a weak smile and hum to a lullaby, cradling her son to sleep.
 
“Jalja …” Soojin mumbled and kissed her son’s forehead as the kid cuddled and slowly fell asleep.
 
The next morning, Soojin prepared breakfast before calling her adoptive brother, Junhyung. She kept on twirling the phone cord as she talked to her brother about babysitting Yoseob today. Her high spirits went down after her brother declined her offer.
 
“I’m out-of-town. I’ll be back by next week. I’m really sorry” her brother said apologetically.
 
She stopped twirling the phone cord and accepted her brother’s apology, halfheartedly.
 
After she hung up the phone, she went out and pressed her next-door-neighbor’s doorbell. She waited for some minutes for answer, but there was none. She pressed again, yet still no answer.
 
“Is Dongwoon still asleep? He should be up by now. Maybe something happened to him” she thought to herself.
 
She was about to press the doorbell for the 3rd time when the door jerked open. A sleepy, bird nest haired Dongwoon in a One Piece's Chopper t-shirt and pajamas appeared.
 
“N-noona?” he asked sleepily.
 
“Oh, I’m sorry to wake you up Dongwoon-ah. Do you have classes today?”
 
“No. Why?” he secretly yawned.
 
“I just wanted to ask if you can babysit Seobie for today. I haven’t found a daycare for him”
 
“Omma!!” Yoseob called out. The kid went out of his bed and began looking for his mother.
 
“I’ll be there in a moment Seobie-yah” Soojin replied. She glanced at her watch and realized she’s already getting late for work. “Dongwoon-ah, I’m so sorry to trouble you, but I really have to go. I already prepared some breakfast—omo!” Soojin was surprised at Yoseob’s back hug.
 
“Omma, you’re going already? You didn’t eat your breakfast?” Yoseob asked cutely. Soojin then carried Yoseob and kissed his cheeks.
 
“I already ate my breakfast. Those were yours and your Dongwoon hyung’s breakfast. Omma has to go now. So where’s my goodbye kiss?”
 
Yoseob then kissed her mother’s cheeks. Soojin then put Yoseob down and hurried to the elevator. She was able to bid her goodbyes to the 2 guys before the elevator door closed.
 
“Seobie-yah, what do you want to do today?” Dongwoon asked the kid as they went inside the Yang’s residence, hand-in-hand.
 
“I want to play at the playground” the kid smilingly replied.

how's the first chapter guys? :) Please do comment & subscribe ^_^