Chapter 9

He's my Appa!

Soojin kept on running until she bumped into someone with a jersey and soccer ball. Despite the fact that she was crying heavily, she still managed to apologize to the person she bumped into.

“Soojin-sshi? Why, a-are you ok?” Doojoon put down his soccer ball and assisted Soojin in standing up.

“Oh! Doojoon-sshi, ah, i-it’s nothing. I –I must get back to Yoseob. He must be cryi—“ Soojin tried to wipe her tears, but Doojoon already noticed her watery eyes.

“YOU are crying. Tell me what’s bothering you. I’m a good listener” Doojoon smiled brightly as he wiped Soojin tears.

Seeing Doojoon’s smile made her cry even more. It wasn’t because she was scared of Doojoon, but because of her longing for her brother, her family. The smile was so genuine, filled with love and care, like that of a big brother. Doojoon didn’t stop her from crying, but instead, he let her cry on his shoulder. They sat down the bench. He hugged and comforted her until she was ready to talk to him.

“W-why are you so good to me? We just met a few days ago and I-I even put you on so much trouble by pretending to be Yoseob’s dad …  I-I just don’t know what say …” Soojin said after she drank the water Doojoon gave her.

“Let’s just say my parents raised me well” Doojoon smiled again. “Well, if you didn’t want to tell me, it’s ok. You can cry all you want. I just want you to let go of that bad feelings; you might end up having a heart attack” he reminded her. What are you saying Doojoon? You’re scaring her.

“Yeah, you’re right” Soojin let out a smile. “But, are you really sure you want to listen?  It may bore you”

“Don’t worry; I’m fond of listening to story-telling” Doojoon gave her an assuring smile.

Soojin sighed and started telling Doojoon the reason why she cried.

“My boyfriend, who just left me 5 years ago without saying anything, came back & met with me earlier. And t-then, all those painful memories without him flashbacked through my mind.  Those times when I needed someone by my side; the times when I needed someone to talk to; he wasn’t there. A-and he asked me about …” she paused.

“Asked you about what?” Doojoon asked her.

“Ah! No, no never mind. It was nothing.” Soojin shook her head.

“Was it too personal?” he asked. Soojin just nod weakly. “Oh, I’m sorry”

Soojin smiled. “Doojoon-sshi, I really don’t know how to repay your kindness to me. Thank you so much for listening”

“Ai~ it’s nothing. I have a big heart you know” Doojoon laughed. “Oh! By the way, how’s Yoseob?”

Soojin glanced at her watch. It was almost closing time of the daycare. She immediately stood up and bid her goodbye to Doojoon. But then, Doojoon grabbed her hand.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“I have to fetch Yoseob in the daycare” Soojin explained.

“With your puffy eyes? And red nose? I don’t think so. Yoseob might asked you plenty of questions and you might spill to him that you just met with his father”

“Father? Did you forget that Yoseob thought YOU ARE his father?”

“B-but, he is Yoseob's real father, right?”

Soojin turned away and bit her lip. “I-I have to go … Let go of my hand” she stuttered.

“Did I offend her? Stupid Doojoon!” he thought. “I’m sorry. I should’ve not asked that. Oh! I have an idea. Since you looked so tired and puffy, I’ll be the one to fetch Yoseob. What’s the name of the daycare?”

“Are you sure? Y-you don’t have to do it”

“I’m Yoseob’s “appa”, right? So, what’s the name?” Doojoon smiled.

“It’s ‘The Kids’ Wonderland’. B-but how—“

“Don’t worry. Just go home and take a rest. Would like me to accompany you home?”

Soojin shook her head. “No. I can manage myself. A-and thank you for everything” they both bid their goodbyes and went their ways.

-------

“Jihyun-ah, I have to go now. See you tomorrow. Bye~” Gayoon was about to open the door when someone tugged her sleeve.

“Gayoon noona, you’re going home already?” Yoseob pouted.

“Don’t be sad Yoseob-ah we’ll still be seeing each other tomorrow, right? I’m sure your mommy we’ll be here in any minute” Gayoon smiled and patted Yoseob’s head.

Yoseob smiled and went back playing with Ilhoon, Sungjae, and Sohyun.

-------

“I guess this is the right place” Doojoon checked the signage and knocked on the door.

Jihyun opened the door and let him in. Yoseob saw him & ran towards him. “Appa!”

Doojoon spread out his arms and carry Yoseob on his shoulder. “How’s your day kiddo?” he asked. He still doesn’t know how to address the kid.

“hyung, is he your appa? He’s so cool” Sungjae asked the happy Yoseob.

“Oppa is so handsome” chimed Sohyun with gleaming eyes.

“You’re right hyung! He’s handsome!” Ilhoon chirped in.

The other kids gathered around Doojoon and Yoseob; praising both of them. Doojoon blushed a little at the kids’ compliments.

Jihyun coughed. “Kids enough of those sweet compliments; Yoseob’s dad is already turning red” Jihyun giggled and turned to Doojoon. “I’m sorry Mr. Yang”

“No, no it’s ok. I understand that kids are playful. So, Yoseob-ah, say goodbye now to your playmates & teachers”

Yoseob happily waved his hands and made a heart sign.


sorry for the late update hehe... so, here's a long update :)

here's Yoseob for you~

(gif not mine^^)