Chapter 20

He's my Appa!

Gikwang woke up the next day with a headache. With the help of Dongwoon, his hangover was cured. He attended his last subject and went to the soccer field. The soccer team coach noticed him & introduced him to the soccer team.

“Gikwang-ah, I’ve heard about you from the president. Come on I’ll introduce you to the members” then the coach introduced Doojoon. “Doojoon-ah! Come here” the coach called Doojoon. “This is Lee Gikwang. He was a captain of a soccer team before & Gikwang this is Doojoon, the university soccer team captain” introduced the coach.

They shook hands. “Lee Gikwang?” Doojoon thought to himself as he remembered his rival. “Small world huh?” he smirked.

“Yeah Really small world” Gikwang commented.

The coach was surprised that they knew each other. Few minutes later the coach left them. Gikwang then started to walked away.

“I won’t stop being a father of Yoseob and I won’t stop being there for Soojin. I won’t give her up!”  Doojoon said as he went back to s.

“I won’t give her up either!” said Gikwang.

“We’ll see about that!” Doojoon answered back. The coach then came back with a pair of uniform and shoes. He gave them to Gikwang & asked to join the practice.

“One of the members is sick & luckily you have same build, so I thought you might need these for the practice”

Gikwang took them & thanked the coach before he went to change his clothes. When he came back, the coach assembled all the members.

“Gikwang here will join you for the practice” he then turned to Gikwang. “If your performance is great, you’ll join the team in competing for the tournament” the coach patted him & then they started practicing.

In their practice, the members were baffled because it seems like Doojoon and Gikwang are having a tough competition between themselves.

“Just like before, we’re in the same field playing” Gikwang said as he ran towards the ball with Doojoon upon his tail.

“Competing, you mean to say” Doojoon replied as he steals the ball from Gikwang.

“What’s wrong with those two? The other members are like wallflowers already haha” Dongwoon heard one of his classmates said. He then looked outside the window & observed the game.

“It’s getting interesting” Dongwoon thought.

------

Days passed by and same routine happened; Soojin and Doojoon get Yoseob in the daycare, while Gikwang still tried to be friends with Soojin. After some days, Gikwang, who now works part time in Cube Café as a server, and Soojin became friends again.

“Soojin birthday is tomorrow right? Let’s just do our outing on Soojin’s birthday. What do you think?” Gina announced as they started to open up the café.

“That would be great!” Jiyoon commented.

“Yeah!” Minhyuk added & high fived Jiyoon.

“It will be just us staff then?” Gikwang asked. Yes please. I don’t want Doojoon to in our outing. Gikwang thought to himself.

“Of course not!  You can bring a friend too, all except for Soojin since it’s her birthday. Soojin can bring Yoseob & Doojoon “ Gina smiled & glanced at Hyunseung who was cleaning the counter. I hope he will bring her. I miss that gal. Gina thought.

Gikwang pouted & sighed deeply. Lucky Doojoon. He thought.

------

As Doojoon was practicing, he kept on thinking about what to give Soojin.

“Yah! Mind on the practice game!” Gikwang warned Doojoon who was about to get hit by the ball.

Doojoon saw the ball coming and used heading to return the ball to his teammates. After their practice, Doojoon left first but was stop by Gikwang.

“Why aren’t you concentrating on the game?” Gikwang asked him.

“I was thinking of other things. I’ll go ahead. Bye” Doojoon ran away & went to a toy shop.

“I wonder what Soojin likes” Doojoon thought to himself.

Just then, he noticed a tiger cub plushie. He remembered how happy Soojin when she saw tigers on the zoo on the other day. He smiled & bought the toy. “She’ll be thrilled when she sees this” Doojoon said to himself as he happily exits the toy store.

When he was walking home, he ran into Soojin, Yoseob & Junhyung. As usual, Yoseob ran to him & hugged him. Suddenly Yoseob noticed the paper bag he was holding.

“Oh? What’s that appa?” Yoseob pointed to his paper bag.

Doojoon panicked & quickly hid the paper bag behind him. “This is nothing. This is just my dirty jersey” Doojoon laughed sheepishly.

“But, you’re wearing them Doojoon-sshi “ Soojin pointed at his clothes.

“Oh yeah, I have two sets of jerseys. The other one is in the paper bag” Doojoon faked a laugh & bid his goodbye to them.

“He’s acting weird these days…” Soojin remarked.

“I think something’s wrong with appa” Yoseob added.

“Come to think of it… when I saw him in those clothes, he reminds of someone” Junhyung thought as he led Soojin and Yoseob into their apartment.

When he was out of the apartment complex he noticed Gikwang pacing back and forth in front of a bakery.

“Now what’s with that guy…” smirking, he said to himself as he slowly approached the troubled guy. 


I deeply apologized for not updating this story. It's been like months or a year since I updated this one. I was just so busy with work and there was a time when I almost ran out of ideas for what to write next. Though I have already a summary for this story, still I can't write a thing. But then, I saw my draft on my phone's memo, I started to realize, 'I should've started writing again' , and became determined to finish this story. And also, I wanted to thank all my subscribers for still staying with me all this time. Thank you for giving me the strength to continue. ^-^