Chapter 23

He's my Appa!

“You still haven’t forget that?” Soojin asked her son who was still on his father’s shoulders.

Oh shoot! I forgot to wear my hat! Gikwang thought as he snatched Hyunseung’s cap and hid his face with it.

“So that’s why you’re like a fugitive” Hyunseung laughed. Yoseob shot Gikwang an angry look and asked his father to play with him, away from the ‘bad hyung’. Doojoon tried to stifle his laughter and walked away to the group to play with his son.

2 points for Yoon Doojoon today! He thought happily as he build sandcastle with Yoseob.

Gikwang on the other hand was disheartened and almost went away when Soojin grabbed his hand.

“Hey” Soojin said in a low voice. “Let’s talk later ok?”

Gikwang’s face lit up and nodded. Gina broke the awkward silence between the group by lighting up the candle and singing a birthday song to Soojin. The others join the singing shortly. Soojin beckoned her son and Doojoon to join the singing. When everybody was done singing, just like the tradition of every birthday, it was time to blow the candles.

I just wish everything will work out fine and Yoseob will always be happy. Soojin thought as she blew the candles.

Gikwang positioned himself away from the sight of the kid. He doesn’t want to create another scene that would ruin Soojin’s birthday. Soon after all the party and games, everyone packed up and was ready to go when Soojin noticed Yoseob have gone missing. They all looked for Yoseob and called his name plenty of times, but still no luck of finding the child. Soojin was already panicking that she can’t steady herself. Good thing Doojoon caught her before she fell down.

“I couldn’t live without my son. I can’t forgive myself if something bad will happen to him.” Soojin sobbed and buried her face with her hands.

Doojoon hugged her and assured her. “Don’t worry we will find him”

------

“Yoseob-ah!” Gikwang called out. He was already far from the beach resort’s property when he heard a faint cry.

“Yoseob-ah? Where are you?!” He called out again.

“Hyung! Help me!” was the answer. Gikwang rushed to find the source of the frail voice. Soon after, he found himself struggling to reach the hand of a kid, who was hanging on a cliff.

“Try to reach my hand Yoseob-ah!” He said as he extends his hand to the kid. Cursed these short arms of mine! He thought. He moved closer and extends his hand a bit more closely. Yoseob, after a few attempts, managed to grab Gikwang’s hand and the latter pulled the kid slowly. When they were out of danger, the kid forgot all his anger towards Gikwang and hugged him, crying.

“You’re safe now. Stop crying now” Gikwang hushed and soothed the kid. He cradle Yoseob until he stopped crying and fell asleep on his shoulders. He was glad Yoseob safe. He contacted Soojin saying he found Yoseob.

“Where are you? I-I’ll go there…” Soojin sniffled.

“No need for that. We’re almost there” Gikwang reassured her. On the other line, he can hear the voice of Doojoon comforting Soojin. Then the next thing he knew Soojin was saying goodbye and that she’ll wait for them.

Moments later, Gikwang with a sleeping Yoseob on his back, arrived where the group was gathered. Soojin rushed towards them a hugged her sleeping son. She turned to Gikwang. “I can’t thank you enough for finding my son” she pressed Gikwang's hand firmly and smiled at him.

“We don’t want our loved ones to get hurt right?” he said bitterly. I would do everything for you just to be with you again.


Yoh minna-san~ I'm so sorry for not updating for a year and a half. I was so busy with my work and now my MS word is not working and now I can't copy and paste the chapters from there to here -.- I guess I just have to type it directly from here but I'm not sure when will be my next update :( However, I'll try to post one update before the year ends :D Thank you for your understanding and subscribing! Have fun reading~!^^