Chapter 18

He's my Appa!

Dongwoon had just locked his apartment when Gikwang blurted out.

“Whoa~ did you just speak English?” Dongwoon asked in English.

“What?” Gikwang asked in Korean.

 Dongwoon repeated his question in Korean. He snickered at Gikwang’s puzzled expression when he asked him in English.

“It was the only expression I learned in the States since some were curse words & doesn’t have any meaning” Gikwang replied laughing.

“Really now. Stop laughing will you? What’s with you if he was Yoon Doojoon?”

“He was the guy I told you about earlier. He was an old rival of mine back in high school”

“Rival?”

“The SHADOWS soccer team & OASIS soccer team were rivals before. He was the captain of the Shadows while I’m the captain of the Oasis” Gikwang explained.

“So he was the one… you said who has a son?” Dongwoon asked. Gikwang nodded & Dongwoon just laughed.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Yoseobie isn’t Doojoon’s son. Yoseob JUST thought he was his father”

“What?!”

Dongwoon wasn’t surprised at Gikwang’s reaction. He too was surprised the first time he learned about it. He then told Gikwang the whole story. After the story telling, they retire to their rooms. Still thinking about what Dongwoon just told him, Gikwang just lie on his bed & stare at the ceiling.

“I hope Dongwoon wasn’t referring to the Soojin I knew. I hope…” he muttered before sleep visited him.

------

The following day, Gikwang’s hopes crashed when he run into Doojoon & Soojin who just came back from getting Yoseob in the daycare.

“Oh! Omma,” Yoseob tugged Soojin’s sleeve & pointed at the stunned Gikwang. “He was the hyung who destroyed my ice cream yesterday!”

Soojin went speechless when she saw the least person she wanted to meet. Yoseob noticed his mom’s teary eyes & shaky hands.

“Omma, why are you crying?”

Soojin immediately wiped away he tears before they roll down her face. “No, no. I’m not crying. Some dust just entered my eyes. Why just you and your dad enter the apartment first. I-I think I forgot to buy something in the store”

She entered her passcode & opened the door for the two. Doojoon noticed Soojin’s expression. It was the same expression when he found her in the soccer field before. He looked at her for some minutes until Yoseob dragged him inside. After Doojoon & Yoseob went inside, Gikwang greeted Soojin an awkward hello.

Soojin walked towards Gikwang. “Can we talk… in private?”

Gikwang slowly nodded and lead Soojin in Dongwoon’s apartment.

“Dongwoon is still at his part time job. He’ll be home late” Gikwang explained as he opened the door & let Soojin went in first.

Soojin sat down on the sofa while Gikwang made some coffee for the both of them.

“What do you want to talk about?” Gikwang asked Soojin as he placed the coffees he made on the center table.

“You finally met my son & his fa—“

“I already know the whole story Soojin-ah. Dongwoon told me” Gikwang faked a smile.

“I see… there’s no use of lying to you then” Soojin took a sip of the coffee in her hand.“Still the same old super sweet coffee” Soojin managed a little smile as she remembered the first coffee Gikwang made for her.

“You still remember?” Gikwang’s mood lit up.

“Of course! Who would forget the sweet black coffee made by the self-proclaimed coffee maker?” Soojin laughed.

Gikwang smiled and said, “Let’s bring back our relationship. I still love you Soojin & I know you still love me” Gikwang placed the cup of Soojin on the table & held both her hands.

“I-I don’t know…” Soojin freed her hands & looked away. Gikwang asked if she and Doojoon are dating. She denied.

“Then… why not come back to me?”

“It’s just too many painful memories Gikwang-ah. You didn’t know what I’ve been through when you left me!” Soojin stood up.

“Then tell me!” Gikwang grabbed her hand.

“I-I can’t …” tears start flowing from her eyes. “I-I just can’t!” she rushed to the door & ran away. Doojoon who just put Yoseob to sleep saw Soojin ran away from the complex. He followed her but was stopped by Gikwang.

“Why are you still pretending to be Yoseob’s father?!” Gikwang grabbed Doojoon’s arm.

“And why are you still making her cry?!” Doojoon retorted.

“That’s none of your business!”

“Of course it’s my business! I love her!!!” Doojoon freed his arm from Gikwang’s grip & ran towards the elevator. “Yes, I’m sure. I already fell in love with her” Doojoon mumbled as he glanced at their picture together with Yoseob earlier.


Yo~! I'm sorry AGAIN for not updating these days.. I've been busy of my work OTL

But, I'll try to update after 2-3 days again :) Hope you had fun reading & continue to support my story ^-^