Chapter 2

He's my Appa!

“Yang Soojin, YOU’RE LATE AGAIN?!” she heard a roaring voice as she slowly went inside the Cube’s café, where she’s working as a pastry chef, and sometimes, as a waitress.

 Soojin just kept her head down as she apologized for being late again. Few seconds later she heard giggles and laughs. She looked up and saw her co-workers are laughing, most especially Hyunseung, their barista, the one who pretended to scold her earlier.

“Soojin -sshi, you don’t have to apologize. We haven’t started setting up yet. I was just joking” Hyunseung laughed as he patted her head.

“Hyunseung’s right. We just get in here because, SOMEONE…” Gina, the manager, shot a glance at Hyunseung who immediately darted his eyes elsewhere. “… Lost the key of the café, but thankfully I kept a spare key” Gina smiled at her. “Let’s get to work, shall we?”

After an hour, the Cube’s café finally opened. As Soojin was baking, Jiyoon, her assistant, came to her.

“Unnie, I’ve heard you still haven’t found any daycare for Yoseob”

“Yeah,” Soojin replied as she observes the muffins starting to rise in the oven.

“Actually my friend, Gayoon, works in a daycare. Well, she just got employed yesterday. Would like to talk to her?”

Soojin faced Jiyoon and shook both her hands. “Oh! Jiyoon-ah, you’re an angel! Sure, sure, I like to talk to her. Can I have her number?” Jiyoon then gave Gayoon’s number to Soojin. “Thank you so much Jiyoon-ah!”

“Aww, it’s nothing unnie. I’m glad to help” Jiyoon replied with a smile.

------

When Dongwoon and Yoseob have finished taken a bath and have eaten their breakfast, they went out and played in the playground.

“Seobie-yah, I’m sorry I took so long. But look I bought you an ice—huh? Where did he go?”

Without having second thoughts, Dongwoon immediately looked for Yoseob. He didn’t even notice that he already dropped the ice cream he was holding earlier. He searched the park, the toy store, and every place that a child would go. He sat down for a few minutes. “Where are you Seobie-yah? T_T “ he mumbled to himself. Dongwoon started looking for Yoseob again even though his legs are hurting.

------

*earlier, before Yoseob disappeared*

“Dongwoon hyung is sure taking his time—oh! Appa?” Yoseob stood up from his swing and followed a guy. “He looks like appa. Everything omma told me fits him!” Yoseob then run towards the guy and hugged him. “Yay! I found my appa!”

“Huh? Who are you, kiddo?” the guy bent down and faced Yoseob.

“Annyeonghaesyo~ I’m Yang Yoseob. 5 years old. My omma is—“

“Ok, Yoseob-ah. My name is Yoon Doojoon. I’m not your appa. See, we don’t have the same last name. Yours is Yang. Y-A-N-G and mine is Yoon, Y-O-O-N. Maybe you are lost or something” Doojoon explained and looked around to see if there was anybody looking for a kid. When he turned to Yoseob, the kid was already teary eyed with matching pouty lips. Moments later, Yoseob started wailing.

“Shhh… Yoseob-ah, please stop crying. Look, everybody’s watching us… shhh…” Doojoon tried to calm Yoseob down. Suddenly, an idea popped in his mind. “Here goes nothing.”  He said to himself as he gathered some strength. He did something he NEVER tried of doing before, EVER.

“Buing, Buing” Doojoon tried acting cute for the first time in his life, in front of Yoseob. But, instead of stopping the kid from crying, he made the kid cried louder.

“Hajima!!” cried Yoseob as he covered his eyes.

I should’ve not done it, OTL. Though embarrassed at what he did, Doojoon still composed himself and just pretended to be the kid’s father. He then asked the kid to go home, but the kid won’t budge and insists on eating pizza.

“Your omma might get worried”

 Yoseob shook his head. “Omma is working now”

“Then, who’s your guardian now?”

“Dongwoon hyung!” the kid replied excitedly.

“Where did he go?”

“Mollayo~ he just said he’ll be right back, but he didn’t come back” Yoseob replied and then tugged Doojoon’s sleeve. “Appa, let’s eat! I’m hungry! Let’s eat where omma works, huh? Appa!” Yoseob whined.

Doojoon was about to get irritated by Yoseob, but then the kid was so adorable that he can’t do anything but to obey the kid. He sighed before nodding his head. Yoseob clapped his hands and then dragged Doojoon to the Cube’s café.

-------

Everyone is busy at Cube’s Café. There were quite a number of customers. Soojin just went out of the kitchen when Yoseob arrived with Doojoon.

“Omma!!” Yoseob ran to Soojin and then the latter opened her arms and hugged her son.

“How’s my baby?” Oh! Where’s your Dongwoon hyung?” Soojin asked.

Yoseob was about to answer his mother’s question when he noticed Doojoon sneaking out of the café.

“Where are you going appa?!” Yoseob pulled Doojoon back in.

Soojin was puzzled. “Appa?”

Yoseob smiled and nodded his head as he clung to Doojoon’s arm. “He’s my appa!”


Hello~ to my new subscribers :)

Hope you enjoy reading ^_^

Thank you U for reading~ Please do comment and subscribe^^