Chapter 22

He's my Appa!

Everyone gathered inside the Cube café as they waited for their car service. Excited and happy voices echoed throughout the café.

“It’s a good thing that your birthday is on a Sunday, right?” Gina patted Soojin’s head.

Soojin just smiled. “I guess so”

“So, whose car are we using?” Gikwang asked Gina, who pointed outside the café where a black Kia Carnival just arrived.

“Sorry we’re late” Hyunseung rolled down the car window and invited them in. Gina was the last one to get inside the car.

“And as usual of our slow Hyunseung” Gina laughed and glanced at the gloomy girl beside Hyunseung. “Oh, you’re not in the good mood Hyuna?”

“It’s nothing. I’m just scared with Hyunseung oppa driving the car” Hyuna whispered to Gina.

“Noona said, she’s afraid of hyung’s driving skills” Yoseob butted in.

“Don’t join the adult’s conversation, Yoseob-ah” Soojin apologized on behalf of her son.

“But omma, hyung asked” retorted the kid.

“It doesn’t matter. Just behave ok?” Soojin reprimanded her son, and then Yoseob suddenly pouted and went to Doojoon who was sitting at the back. “Appa…”

“Doojoon just smiled and patted Yoseob’s head. “Just be good boy. It’s your mother’s birthday, remember?”

With that, Yoseob nodded and smiled at his father.

------

They had fun games, singing and dancing. Everyone who joined the outing was laughing including Hyuna who was gloomy when they arrived. Seeing the change in Hyuna’s face made Soojin ask Gina about happened. The two went to a quiet corner and continued their conversation.

“Did Hyunseung really do that?” Soojin asked Gina.

Gina nodded. “I know he’s weird or crazy sometimes, but I really cracked up when Hyuna told me that Hyunseung gave her a present with rubber cockroaches inside as a prank. Hyuna shrieked and run away, but Hyunseung caught up with her and apologized plenty of times” Gina narrated.

“If someone did that to me, I’d freak out too” Soojin remarked. “But thankfully they’re ok now”

“Yeah, me too” Gina agreed.

“Looks like a little puppy missed his mom” Soojin smiled as a happy Yoseob went towards her. She was playing with her son not knowing that there was also a game playing among their group. Gina noticed it and tapped Soojin who was tickling Yoseob.

“I’ll just go and check what the commotion is going on there” Gina said to Soojin as she stood up and went towards her noisy staff members.

“What’s this about?” She asked Hyuna who was sitting few meters away from the group.

“All I know is that Doojoon oppa was playing a soccer game on his phone when Gikwang oppa suddenly challenged him to an arm wrestling” Hyuna sighed. “Men are so childish these days”

Jiyoon and Hyunseung rooted for Doojoon while Minhyuk and Hyuna rooted for Gikwang. Moments later, Minhyuk, the self-proclaimed referee, gloomy announced Doojoon as the winner. Gikwang congratulated and shook hands with him. “I won’t lose again. This is the last time you’ll beat me” Gikwang told Doojoon.

“Oh really now?” Doojoon smirked.

“Now, now, let’s just cut the cake, ok?” Gina pulled the two away from each other and called Soojin over, who was walking towards the group holding her son’s hand. Yoseob then run to his father and the latter placed Yoseob on his shoulders. The kid was enjoying his view when he suddenly noticed Gikwang.

“Ah! You’re the hyung who destroyed my ice cream!” he exclaimed. 


Here's another update guys~ Hope you like it^^ And thank you for the new subscribers ^-^