Riddles To Your Heart: Part 1

Oh Brother....And Exo?

Boyoung's POV

Happy Valentine's Day, my baby girl! Here goes a riddle for this special day!

I'm offered to the loved,

But also to the dead.

I come in varied hues,

Most notably red.

My pricks are known to piece the skin,

Often resulting in wounds that bled.

What am I?

I stared at the sticky-note that was once on my forehead. I read the note and could already tell who wrote it. Chanyeol...what are you doing this time? Right after my nap, I find a note attached to my forehead! Stretching, I sat up from the couch and stared at the note again. There's plenty of things that smell really nice, but play with it's thorns and you will pay the price? 

"This is pretty simple." I got off the couch and walked out to the backyard, into the greenhouse. I searched around the greenery and spotted the certain, bright, red flowers. As I reached the area, I spotted Chanyeol standing behind the flowers, hold a rose in his hand. He smiled when he saw me and headed towards me.

"Oppa, what are you doing now? There isn't anytime for games. We have to meet up with my friends later, remember." Chanyeol shushed me by placing his finger on my lips. The rose that he was holding, was placed into my hands. Then, he reached into his pocket and held out a red envelope. I looked at the two items with confused eyes.

"Why are you giving me this?" I asked, confused.

"Just open it and don't ask questions, you dummy." Chanyeol chuckled and flicked my forehead playfully.

I carefully teared the envelope and saw a card inside. When I opened the card, another set of words were written.

Happy Valentine's Day Noona! Surprised huh? Just to give you the heads up, not everything is going to be so easy! Here's clue #2:

Go to a certain shop to find me!

You hug me and hold me.

You talk to me, but I never reply.

I have a mouth, but cannot speak; I have ears, but cannot hear.

Still, I am usually the first best friend in your life.

One can also look like me!

What am I?

I looked up at Chanyeol to ask for a hint, but when I looked up, he was gone. I sighed, but then shrugged. Well obviously, it's one of the maknaes. Definetly not Kai, he's out of the question. Sehun maybe? How about Tao? Raised eyebrows, I walked back inside the house and grabbed my coat. As I stepped out the door, I thought back to the clue. Hug me and hold me? That could be anything! Talk to me, but I never reply...An imaginery friend? Have a mouth, but cannot speak; Have ears, but cannot hear? Are they deaf or something? No, wait it's a thing. Usually the first best friend in your life? I didn't even have a lot of close friends when I was younger. All I had was a stuffed animal...A stuffed animal! I snapped my fingers as I got the answer. I quickly headed towards the downtown area and arrived at the shopping districts.

There were many couples around, holding hands, going on date, even some guys holding shooping bags for their girlfriends.

I wandered around the place until I reached the store I needed to go to. It was a store filled with stuffed animals. When I walked in, the sight in all kinda of stuffed animals filled my vision. There were all kinda of stuffed animals;big or small, cute or scary, some on keychains, backpacks, and so much more. I took out the card I had and read the last line. 

"One can also look like me?" I muttered to myself. Of course it's not Kai, he doesn't look like anything, but he does act like a nuisance. Sehun kinda looks like a monkey, but only when he puffs out his cheeks. So that leaves...

"Tao!" I searched around the store looking for the doll. I stopped infront of the panda stuffed animals. All of a sudden, The big pile of panda's moved. I jumped back slightly, but then cautiously walked towards the pile. Then a hand popped out from the pile. I grabbed the left side of my chest to stop the fast beating of my heart. 

"Is anyone in there?" I asked as reached for the pile. I heard a small, muffled 'Help'. I reached to grab the hand and pulled out...

Tao? 

"Tao? What are you doing in there?"

"I thought it would be a good idea to hide when you got here, but I guess that didn't work out so well." Tao replied, but then he handed me a stuffed animal of a panda. "Here you go, noona! Hope you like it! Oh! And here you go!" He also handed me a red envelope from his back pocket. As he walked away, I opened the envelope and saw another card. I read it.

Happy Valentine's Day Boyoung! Hope you can guess this one!

I say everything I hear to others around.
I’m not an animal, nor part of the human race.
I will, immediately, repeat after you;
But only if my tail is in place.
What am I?

"I think I've heard this before! What was it again?" I said to myself. I hummed to myself as I walked in the streets. I decided to walk into a music shop and look at some instruments, but then I saw Kyungsoo! His eyes widened when he saw me, but then he walked towards me.

"Boyoung? How did you answer the riddle so quickly? I just got the message from Tao that you got the envelope."

"Oh...I haven't answered it yet. I was just walking around and I found myself here."

"Okay...But since you're here, I might as well give you the clue."

"I haven't answered though."

"Then answer it! The whole store it clue! Choose wisely or else I won't give you this envelope." He flashed the red envelope in my face and then quickly hid it behind him. I sighed as I searched around the store. If it has a tail, it should have a chord attached to it...I stared at the section with the microphones and pointed at them. Kyungsoo quickly smiled at my answer and handed me the envelope. Before he left, he patted me on the head and wished me good luck. I nodded and looked at the next clue.

Hiya Boyoung! Herpy Valentine's Day! Have you found you special someone yet? Probably not! JK!

So I'm not gonna give you a clue, just where to find me.

So look carefully, I might be in a tree.

"Okay, this is definetly Chen!" Knowing nim, he would probably be in the backyard of the house. When I reached the house, I went straight to the back gate and looked up in the trees. At the last tree, I saw Chen just trying to get out from the tree. He was caught red-handed. Chen sighed and cimbed his way down. I tapped my foot, waiting. It took longer than I expected. It was a pretty high tree. After two minutes, he finally got to the ground and handed me the next card.

"There ya' go! I was gonna troll yah, but I guess I was too slow! Sorry 'bout that! Better hurry up!" Chen flicked me, just like how Chanyeol did. Before I could get him back, he had already began skipping away. After his silhouette was gone, I turned my attention the the card in hand. I opened it, ready for the next clue.

How's Valentine's Day been so far? This one is pretty hard, but think hard! Good Luck!

Go to the place where creativity fills you and imagination takes place!

I am rather large and usually majestic.

I am every hue of the rainbow

I can eat you, I may heat you,

You only wish you could see me.

What am I?

"What the? I guess Tao wasn't joking about this being hard."