Diary

In this arena called school

. . . 1  m o n t h  l a t e r . . .

"Jung Hoseok! Don't you dare touch my things again!" Chaerin yelled as she ran after her best friend who had just read her private self-reflection texts. They were at home, so they had to go around things, which made things harder for Chaerin. God, she hated to run. "Do you not know what ing 'STAY AWAY' means?!" She threw one of the pillows from the couch at him and without even worrying if it hit him she plopped down on the floor, sulking. 

He catched the pillow and held it in front of him, in case she decided to snap again. "Sorry." He then, carefully, sat next to her and looked at her tired figure. 

"What did you read, Hoseok?"

"... Many things."

"Tell me."

"Fine. I read what you thought about.." He coughed lightly and looked around, then lowered his tone. ".. Gong Minji. And, you're not the only one who thinks she's the same person. I do too." Chaerin nodded.

"And she looks like her too, doesn't she?"

"Indeed."

"What else?"

"About Sora and I. I don't like her like that, by the way."

"Yeah, sure." She simply rolled her eyes and signaled him to continue.

"I also read the Ji one."

"Nothing new about that text, right?" He shook his head 'no' and started to feel bad as she saw Chaerin's darkened expression.

"Well, is that all or did you read more?"

He shook his head once again and his face scrunched up in a light frown, which he quickly tried to cover by pressing both his lips into a thin line. "Kim Namjoon."

"I only said he was nice. I didn't say anything much."

"And interesting and talented and cute and a good-hearted and oh-so-handsome."

"Oh, shut the up, Hoseok. I'm not interested in him, not in that way. You weren't even allowed to read my stuff anyway."

"I never said you were interested though."

"But you were insinuating it!"

"I wasn't!"

"You were."

"You got me wrong.." He lightly scratched his forehead and sighed. "It's just-- I- He's not only the guy you see at school. Yes, he's good person, but.." He put both his hands on the ground and stood up with their help. "You still don't completely know him. Not even I do. He's a peculiar person and he hides a lot of things from his friends. Almost nobody knows about his family or past. That makes me worry about what kind of person he is. It might be just a mask, okay?" Sighing, he looked down at her. "Maybe it's just my lack of trust for nearly everybody talking. Don't mind me."

Chaerin was curious, she couldn't deny that. What did Hoseok even mean with all that? Well, if with all that yada yada he was trying to make her think Namjoon was dangerous, in a way, it was working. Why would that boy, from a month ago, even feel intimidated by him if he wasn't? But, in the other hand wouldn't Namjoon have shown aggressivity sign for the past month he really was like that? Chaerin even remembered how wretched he became when he heard the explanation to the guy's nervous actions. She could swear that as he waved goodbye to them that day his smile looked forced, shallow in all means. And, wasn't it true that he always seemed calm? Yes. So, no way he could be dangerous.

She voiced out a barely audible 'whatever.' and faced the door. Hoseok was gone already. Probably headed outside to go play basketball with Yoongi in the backyard.

The house bell rang and she went to open it. To her surprise, the one she had been thinking about just a few minutes ago was standing there. As always, all black clothing and shades on.

"Chaerin? You live here?"

"Ah, yeah.. Along with Hoseok, Yoongi and another friend.. What are you doing here though?" She inquired, curious and confused at the same time as she opened the door a bit more to let him in.

"Maybe I'm in the wrong hous--"

"Nammie oppa!" She heard a screech from behind her, jumped lightly in surprise and looked back to see who did that -- thing that wasn't really necessary. There was only another girl in the house besides her. "Yah, Kim S--"

Completely ignoring her, Sora went running to Namjoon and gave him a tight hug, dropping his bag -- that Chaerin had only realized he had now --, he hugged back with a bright smile on his face. "Sora, you're gonna soffucate me."

"That's because I missed you! You should be happy, pft." She answered, letting go of him.

"Who said I wasn't happy?"

"Well, you got a point there." Suddenly, she turned to Chaerin as if remembering she was there. "Chaerin, this is my brother! Kim Namjoon." She then turned to him. "Namjoon, this is my best friend, M--"

"Min Chaerin, I know. We're in the same class. I just didn't knew it she was THAT Chaerin."

Chaerin was speechless. How come he was Sora's brother and she only knew about it now? That meant he's the one she always talked to her about. The one who can't cook or clean without whinning and sulking, the one who made a tattoo without his parent's consent, the one who walked only in shorts at home, the one who was so-annoying-that-you-can't-even-image, the one who she had been wondering about during all the 4 years she knew Sora. Maybe he wasn't as bad as Hoseok thought and maybe she knew more about him than she thought. That was a genuine surprise.

"I'll leave you two to talk alone." Chaerin announced and walked to the bedroom, making a peace sign with two of her fingers and closing the door behind her.

"So, oppa. That's the Chaerin you talked about in your text messages? Mhh?" 

"I don't know what you're talking about." 

She chuckled.


Hello and thank you so much for subscribing, Timichi . I hope you have fun reading my fanfic!!

And this is to both of you, my followers, I love you!