Peter Pan

In this arena called school

She opened the door, walked in and closed it again. Why was the house so quiet? She wandered around looking for someone to be with. When she didn't find anyone on the first floor, she put her things on her bedroom and headed to the basement. She opened the door and some song was playing. She noticed the one rapping at the moment was her brother.

"That's right, in the end school is like another mini society. A jungle made carelessly by adults. They made the weaklings weak, they made the strong powerfull."

In the table, there was a guy looking at two others, who were putting the MR and BGM in sync. Namjoon, Yoongi and... Was that Jin? She called out his name after closing the door and he looked back with a smile. "Chaerin!"

The other two were too immersed on their work, so they didn't even hear her get in, their eyes still stuck on the computer screen. Jin stood up and involved her into a hug. She smiled and hugged back. "What are you doing here, cous'?"

He let go and shrugged his shoulders, nodding over at them. "Just recording with those two."

Chaerin smiled in response. Not much later, she raised one of her eyebrows, questioningly. "I didn't know you rapped."

He laughed lightly and started doing some weird improvisation, bouncing on the spot. "Yo. My name is... Jin. That's why my stage name is... Jin." He contained his embarrassment and shook his head. "Does it look like I rap?"

She quickly shook her head, laughing, and covered when she remembered that his brother didn't like noise when he was working. Jin lowered his tone, noticing Yoongi tensing next to Namjoon. "We should go outside."

Already out the recording studio and going up the stairs, they gave each other a look and let out some laughs.

They reached the main floor and went to the living room. "So, you sing then?"

"Yes, I do, milady." He sang and ruffled her hair, sitting down.

She jokingly glared at him and lightly punched his forearm. She missed the idiot. The times she used to spend at his house with him, Yoongi, her other cousin - Jinwoo - and Jinoh - Jin's best friend - were the most fun she had back in the UK and the memories were most likely to be with her forever. Since she was the only girl in the group of 5, they spoiled her and treated her like a princess, but also teased and annoyed her, like any other kid.

In England, she didn't have many people to be with. When she first moved there, she was 1, so she learned the language fast. That didn't get her more friends though. There were times when she was alone at school, playing with dolls then Jin would come along and play with her. Kids would because he was always playing with dolls, letting Chaerin do things to his hair, buying Disney princess toys; candies; and books. People mistook it as things for him when, actually, they were for her. They called him 'Pink Princess'. He didn't mind it that much. As long as his baby cousin was happy, everything was fine by him.

Even though years kept passing by and her love for Disney fairy tales disappeared, Jin kept giving her those kinds of things. She was still a baby to him. Furthermore, he knew he had to leave to South Korea sooner or later, so he thought he should leave her things to remember him.

She was 10 when he - 12 - flew back with her aunt, uncle and Jinwoo - 13.

The last thing he left her was a Peter Pan doll which had string that you pulled and a "Fly with me to Neverland!" would be heard. Chaerin thought it was absolutely cute. She still had all of the presents he gave her, inside a box, under her bed.

...

"How's Jinwoo?" Suga asked, after sitting next to Jin. "Is he feeling well with all this WINNER thing? Chaerin and I watch the WINNER TV episode every friday."

"Yeah, I think he-- Hey, hey!! What do you mean you watch it every friday?! What about school?"

Chaerin laughed lightly. A wild worried mommy Jin appears. "We don't have school at that time of the day, silly."

Jin placed a hand over his face and sighed. "Dumb, Jin. Dumb."

...

The evening and afternoon passed by quicker than expected and in the blink of an eye, Jin was gone and she was exhausted - physically.

Chaerin cuddled with her warm blankets as she tried to sleep. It was no use. Her brain was still fresh and ready for more. Since she didn't really want to bother Sora with her constant huffing, puffing and squirming around, she stood up, her fluffy purple blanket wrapped around her. On the way around the house, she heard a familiar line coming from the living room. Waddling there, she awkwardly stayed by the door, staring at the LCD with a bright smile. She lip-synched a few lines and then turned her head slightly to look at the viewer. Kim Namjoon sat there, eyes glued on the screen, a faint smile stuck on his face.

Slowly, she walked over and silently sat next to him. "Oh.." He seemed to have finally realised she was there as he turned his head and looked at her, curiosity painted in his eyes. "Can't sleep?" He asked.

...

She shook her head. "Me neither." He murmured, fixing his gaze back at the movie.

It was his favourite film back when he was still naive and innocent. He didn't want to grow up, he even wanted to paint his hair orange and become a Lost Boy - both would be perfect. He chuckled at the memory of all those times he childishly swore to himself that he would become like Peter Pan, have a group of lost boys and girls which he saved and fight bad people.

"You like this movie as well?" Chaerin asked.

...

A soft 'I do' escaped his lips and she smiled at him. He looked like a kid and it was adorable. It was a whole new side of him she wanted to know about.

Again, she caught herself thinking about how many sides he had. Overall he was just such a wonderful man that she wanted to know, more and more. She wanted to dig deep in and see things about him nobody ever did, but she didn't know why. She didn't know why she felt this way.

"I used to watch it with Seokjin when I was younger. It was my favourite." She said, quietly. Namjooon smiled and hummed in response.

...

Half an hour passed in silence as the plot of the kid's movie slowly advanced.

All the images and sounds brought him back to childhood and it was extremely comfortable. He could almost smell his mother's perfume and his dad's cologne around him, the warmth of their arms evolving him and his sister. Even though the house was freezing, he didn't feel cold. Well, not until Chaerin mentioned it. All of sudden the whole warmth he had felt while watching it had dispersed, like his relationship with his parents and he felt cold and shallow.

Without a word, she scooted closer to him and threw her blanket over the two. One of his arms found his way around her waist and her head gently fell on his shoulder. It was back. The warmth, comfort, happiness. Just like that, he felt like sudden waves of overflowing positivity passed through and around him. Just like that, he knew. He liked her, a lot. And, he fell asleep, the sound of his heartbeat dancing in his ears and the feeling of her touch against him.


Kim Seokjin

21 years old

A caring guy who worries a lot about others

Not studying

Sometimes sings in the street with a friend, who plays the guitar, ccompaning him

Works part time as a cashier on StyleNanda