Idiot

In this arena called school

"You're so pretty, I think I'm going blind."

"Well, you're so annoying that Hello Kitty said Goobye to you." Minzy huffed and quickened her passe to school, chuckling to herself as some kind of mocking for such a childish reply.

"Why is she still not falling for me?" Yoongi whined lowly.

She stopped walking, raised her eyebrow at him and her heels to face him. "Because I'm sick of guys like you." She then extended her hand in front of the road and a cab stopped in front of her. She got in and said an adress.

"Wait, Minji. Are you not going to classes?" Yoongi asked from outside, kind of upset.

"None of your ing business." She muttered and closed the window. The car drove off and Suga stood there looking at it disappear. Then, he walked back to school for the last class. He kicked a rock out of boredom and entered school. Since he still had a bit of time until the bell rang he decided to look for some of his friends.

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, Minzy was at a friend's house speaking about him. She felt a bit stupid for being so mean to him, because she was a soft heart and hated hurting anyone, even if she didn't like them. Even if they hurt her.

"Guess who I met at the bus this morning."

"Someone you were not expecting to see?"

"Well, that's obvious, Lee Chaerin."

"How do you even expect me to know, Minji-ah? I wasn't with you. Spill it."

"Who was the last and only person to break my heart?"

"Uhm...?"

Flashback

Minji was walking with Yoongi to school, but he didn't seem happy, so she decided to ask what was wrong. He just gave her a cold look that sent shivers down her spine and stopped walking.

"Do I, possibly, know you?"

"Y-Yoongi.."

"Don't say my name with those filthy lips of yours again. We're done. I don't want to see you again." He then walked faster, leaving her behind with tears in her eyes. 

She didn't go to school that week, with the pretext of being sick. It wasn't a complete lie. She was sick, love-sick. Then, she moved school, cut her long hair to the lenght of her shoulders and changed attitude. Created a persona called Minzy, that is. Because inside, she was still the fragile, sweet Gong Minji that dated Min Yoongi and got her heart cut to pieces.

"Yoongi?!" Minzy's friend half-shouted to her. "You saw Min Yoongi? Like, Min Yoongi as in Min Chaerin's brother?" 

"I never thought I'd see him again.."

Flashback

Minji was minding her own business, sitting on the bus on her way to her new college when the voice of a guy woke her up from her thoughts.

"Well, hello there, miss. You seem lost. Need a guide back to heaven?"

She raised her eyebrows and looked to the side. A boy was looking at her with charming eyes and seductive grin. His features reminded her of him. 

"Uhm, leave?"

"I'm Min Yoongi, pretty lady. Suga's fine." He then took her hand and pressed his soft lips against it.

She paralysed at his name and panicked a bit inside. She was utterly and absolutely shocked to see him again after 2 years and, for a while, she didn't speak. She only looked at him, but not in an awkward way. Her thoughts were in a fuss, but they soon calmed down when she realized he couldn't recognize her. Why would he even speak to her if he did? Wasn't him who said he didn't want to see her again. Half of her wanted to shout his name and ask why-in-the-name-of-7-ing-gods he broke up with her. But the other half wanted to wait and see if he would speak up about knowing her. 

"Gong Minji. Just call me Minzy." 

He seemed a bit taken aback by the name, but managed to hide it well. "Are you new around here?"

"I guess you can say that.." She answered, hoping he'd remember.

"See? I knew you were from heaven."

She got pissed off after a while of him throwing lame pick-up lines and got up, flicked his forehead, said "You don't stand a chance. Leave me alone." and went to sit next to his sister.

 

"And, you know what, Rinnie? During all the time, he didn't even recognize me! Not even by my name! I thought I'd, somehow, stay in his mind. Even if I was a faint memory, I'd be fine with it. We dated for almost a year after all, how could he not remember? It's not like I was just a he dated.. The worst part of it all is that he was hitting on me."

Lee Chaerin sighed lightly and shook her head. "Well, you changed since then. I hope you remember that. Besides, maybe it's for the best that he didn't recognize you."

"Huh?"

"You can use this in your favor. He doesn't remember you for now, so you're the one in charge of the strings this time. I'm not gonna say much more, but I think you know what I mean. Min Yoongi is an interesting person. He pays attention to every detail and habit about someone and keeps them in his memory. So, I know one day or another you'll do something that reminds him of who you are, until then you're the one step ahead." She nodded faintly when her friend finished speaking. She's right. He's the puppet now, not her. And this time around it was going to be him falling for her.


 

Thank you to my one and only subscriber; babydeuls. I hope you're liking my fanfic so far. I love you!!