Phone Call

In this arena called school

Kwon Jiyong was laying down in his bed, thinking about what happened the other night with Chaerin. How could he have been so dumb to think that she actually missed and cared for him. He thought that, behind the strong facade she put up, she still loved him. Oh, how he was wrong.

After seeing her in the crowd, his heart skipped a few beats and almost instantly his hands started sweating. Looking around, he took a deep breathe, calmed himself down and said a few things to himself. "Kwon Jiyong, you stand in front of crowds and stay calm. She's just a girl. It's gonna be fine." But he as wrong and he knew it. Chaerin was not just another girl.

He could hear the crowd's cheers and the MC announcing someone, but it all seemed so distant, like as if he as outside and the walls muffled the sounds. Youngbae moved away from the small group of people and directed himself somewhere else with a face that could kill. It was not like he didn't know why, but he decide he'd just real with it later.

When he looked up at the stage 3 boys stood there. A tall guy with shades, Hoseok and Yoongi. Sighing in relief, he walked to her, whispering faint apologies to the people's feet he stepped on and the shoulders he bumped into.

Their talk as short and she kept using short, rude answers. It was more than clear she as not happy to see him. Inside, he was starting to panic, so, as a last resort, he kissed her.

Maybe that was really the last drop for everyone, because Chaerin pulled him away and cursed. Minji gasped and sent him a glare he had never seen in her. Sora clenched her jaw and joined the glaring parade with Minzy. And Suga appeared out of nowhere, threatening him. He knew how strong he was and how quickly he lost his patience, so he chose not to say anything.

When he turned to her, with the intent to apologise, she was gone. Looking back, he saw her leave the club. Not long after, Hoseok bumped into him and, without saying anything, he walked after her. He had ed up and well.

All of sudden, someone punched him. He stumbled and looked down as he put a two of his fingers on the place the person punched him. He was bleeding slightly. Looking up with a glare he stared at the person who hit him. The rapper from the stage. Damn, the boy was strong.

Jiyong remembered how, even though the rapper had sunglasses on, it felt like he was piercing a glare right through him. He was, by far the most angry of them all. Although he was trying to keep his cool, Jiyong could see how he clenched his fists inside his pockets and cocked up one of his eyebrows. He also remembered clearly how the others were all surprised, in the worst of ways. The way Sora screeched 'Oppa!' said a billion things. From the corner of his eye, he saw Yoongi, who seemed pleased about what just happened. Almost proud. It was now more than clear to him that the guy didn't get angry often and this was the first time they all saw him like that. 'Rap Monster' - as he heard people whisper - turned away from everyone and in the most calm way possible, walked away.

Letting out a groan, Ji sat up in his bed and scratched his head. Who was that guy? Was he, possibly, Chaerin's boyfriend? Was he the reason why she didn't like him anymore? A hundred billion theories rolled through his mind, but only that one made sense to him.

Picking up his iPhone, he dialed Yang Hyunsik's number. His boss would help him for sure.

"What's so important that you called at this time? It better be darn good, Kwon Jiyong."

"I'm sorry for waking you up in the middle of the night, boss. I just need you to help me with finding out about someone."

YG sighed on the other side of the line. "Name?"

"I only know his stage name though..."

"Stage name?"

"He's an underground rapper."

"Ah."

"Rap Monster. But I heard people call him Runch Randa as well." The other side of the line stayed quiet for a while, which made Jiyong wonder if YG had fallen asleep. "Boss?"

"What do you want to know about Namjoon?"

Those words froze him in the spot. "Do you know him?" The other hummed in response. "How?"

"I saw him on a performance and asked if he wanted to become a trainee at the company. He refused."

Now that made sense. When the older really liked a person's talent he'd look for every mean and way of bringing them into the company. He probably even searched for the boy's information himself.

"Look, I'll send you a few files with things about him. Now let me sleep."

"OK, boss. Goodnight."

"You go sleep as well, Ji."

There was a beep and he knew the call was over. Satisfied with the small conversation he had with YG, he laid down and looked up at the ceiling. "Kim Namjoon, I'll do my best to drag you away from her..." He closed his eyes and sighed. "...because I still need her, after all." And with that he drifted off to sleep.