Coffe Shop talk

In this arena called school
Chaerin turned back to see a cute guy standing in front of her. It did seem like the voice came from him, but he was looking down, barely letting them see his face.

"About them I don't know, but I am." The first one to talk was Namjoon and when the kid heard the answer, he looked up slightly embarrassed and smiled awkwardly.

"What about t-the pretty girl?"

At that, Chaerin nodded and almost speechless, turned to looked confused at her brother, who, surprisingly seemed like he was having quite a bit of fun with all that. "Why do you want to know?" Hoseok asked, feeling a bit annoyed and raised one of his eyebrows.

"It's not me who wants to know, I swear! Please, don't hurt me." Almost immediatly after the question, the guy raised both his hands in defence.

"Calm down. We're not gonna hurt you. Where did you get that idea from anyway?" That last question was more rectorical than anything, but he answered in a faint murmur.

"It's just because of the r-reputation of the guy in the back... I didn't mean it."

Namjoon's already small smile slowly faded away and he let out a soft sigh before walking forward and patting his shoulder. "I'm not as dangerous as they say, okay?" He then turned back at Chaerin, Yoongi and Hoseok and with a lightly forced smile, he bid them farewells, making up an excuse to why he had to go.

After he went away the kid seemed a bit more relaxed and Suga took that as a cue to speak again. "Why did you want to know, again?"

"I didn't.. Someone simply paid me to come ask this." He shrugged, lightly bowed his head and as he turned in a corner, he disappeared.

All of them were confused to what they just witness, but they decided it was probably a prank so Hoseok simply unlocked his car and said he'd give them a ride.

"Could you just drop me off in front of Sora's favourite coffe shop? We agreed to meet there. She said you two could come along too. That way you can pay me something to eat!!"

The short trip there was passed with the three of them singing, rapping and fooling around. When they arrived, Sora was already waiting and quickly she pulled the four inside. They ordered and as they waited for their food and drinks to come they talked about things that seemed meaningless to outsiders.

"Oh, right! Chaerin, remember the older brother I talked to you about? He ed up with our parents again..." Sora let out a sigh. Just thinking about the subject made her heart uneasy. "He had a fight with them and the next thing he did was move out. And, apparently, it wasn't a normal parent-son argument. It envolved his dreams and such. You know how mom and dad never accepted our dreams, right? That's the reason why I moved out in the first place." She stopped for a moment to take a sip of her Iced Coffe and then continued. "He said that if he had to he'd run away and never see them again, that they made him into a lifeless puppet and that he felt miserable all his life because of their rules. He also said -- and I'm quoting -- 'Everything adults did to me back when I was a kid was teach me to step into my own friends to get to the top.'. Harsh, don't you think? Well, this is not even all..."

All her best friend said made Chaerin out of words. Not even her mind seemed to be working correctly as she processed what she heard. Sora's brother must've been holding in a lot of anger all his life. That, she could clearly see. And, most probably, he wouldn't be going back home for a while. But, she can't blame him, really. If it was with her she wouldn't go back soon either.

"The worst part is that almost nobody knows where he's been sleeping since he doesn't even work.. We can't even ask his friends because we don't even know if he has any. He never introduced them to us, can you believe this?" From that point, the girl kept rambling about some other things and only shut when Hoseok decided to tell a joke.

An hour later, they drove back home. All of them tired from college, except for Hoseok, who was tired from his part time job.

There was still quite a while for dinner time, so when Chaerin set foot in the room she shared with Sora, she let her things fall on the floor and ran to her bed. Minutes later, she had fallen asleep.