Cha Sunmi

In this arena called school

Chaerin breathed in and out, standing in front of the psychiatric ward's door. It was Sunwoo's birthday and she hadn't visited his mother for a while, so she thought 'why not?' and went over. Now that she was there, a nervous turmoil started arising in her stomach. On the way, she had even forgot the older woman didn't like flowers and bought them anyway.

Opening the door, she entered and threw the flowers into the trash can on the hallway.The girl sighed lightly to control her breathe and walked down the corridor, stopping in front of door no. 27. Everything was still white, clean and forced. She knocked on the door before peeking in, eye smile evident.

"Oh! My little girl, Chaerin!" The woman stood up and walked to her, smiling brightly as she wrapped the younger into a warm hug. "How have you been?"

She stepped back after the hug and sat down in a chair next to the other. "I've been good, aunty. I met new people and now I have more friends! Yoongi and Minji are together again, Sora and Hoseok are still dumb and a few weeks ago a 16 year old cutie said I should be a model." She laughed lowly at herself, making sure to leave the bad news behind her back, and Cha Sunmi followed along. It seemed like all the nervous tingling inside her had disappeared. "What about you?"

"Oh my, that's really good to hear, sweetheart. I've been the same as always. Locked up. It's been bearable though. My Sunwoo-yah has been coming more often. Ah, he's grown so much." She answered, smile bigger than ever. Sunmi, the elder, knew the younger didn't have a single clue about her son being alive, but since everyone seemed to think she had schizophrenia it wasn't that much of a problem to talk about it with her. She'd think it was just her imagination like all other people, but as long as nobody found out about her dear son, she was okay.

Chaerin looked at her apologetically and held her hands gently. She had always felt sorry for the woman. Guilty and sorry. Knowing someone developed a metal illness because of her was the worst thing to feel. It was purely horrible and self-condemning. "You know, aunty, I think you should actually start taking your medication instead of pretending to. It's not healthy for your brain. Sunwoo... He's gone. What you've been seeing is a creation of your mind. A mechanical defence for the fact that he's no longer with us. Aunty, please, be healthy."

The woman waved her free hand, a smile still visible through her eyes. "I know, I know; but seeing my Sunwoo makes me happy. I don't think I'll start taking them."

"In the end, it's your choice, but think about it, please."

She nodded in agreement and then turned herself a bit more to face the girl. "So, talk me about those new friends, Chaerin-ah."

"Ah, yes! One of them is named Namjoon. Kim Namjoon. He's nice, funny, wise, caring, open-minded, talented, handsome, smart... He's really one of the best persons in the world. Sad thing he has some... issues." She frowned at the thoughts of 'Suicide'. Yes, she heard it. A few days after he dropped it on Soundcould, actually. She felt so bad for him afterwards. Seeing a friend of hers suffer was something she hated to do. He was lonely; desperate; sorrowful. He even reminded her of herself.

"Issues?" She asked. "Depression would be the right term for it." Chaerin nodded. "It's quite heartbreaking to see him try to hide it everyday. It's almost a routine for him now. Wake up, wash up, put shades on to hide his eyes and fake a smile through the day."

"Aish, such a sad subject. You said he was talented, right? Arts, I suppose?"

"Yes. Music, more specifically. He composes, writes and performs his own songs. He even wrote a song called Suicide once. That's how I found out about his problems."

Sunmi was curious now, she wanted to know more about the boy now. Arts were always the escape for lonely people and she understood the kid - Namjoon - perfectly."Do you, by any chance, have that song on your phone?"

She simply nodded and searched for the song on her phone, before unplugging her earphones and started playing the song. By the end of it, she was speechless. Usually, she'd be able to say something to help Chaerin, but the boy seemed way deep in. It was a martyr to see such a young soul in such suffering. "Stay with him. Just, stay with him." Was all she could say.

...

An hour had passed and it was starting to get dark so Chaerin decided it'd be best to leave and go home. They bid goodbyes and as she was about to leave, a boy entered the room saying "How has my dear Cha Sunmi been?". She froze and so did he. His features almost the same as Sunwoo's. Surprise, confusion and alertness written all over his body language. They had met before - one time, from what she remembered - at Sora's university. And, she didn't have a welcoming feeling about him.

"Aunty, who is this?" She asked, eyes still directed at him.

"Ah, yes. That's my nephew, Youngho. He's Sunwoo's cousin." She said, calm as ever. He seemed much more relaxed at the older's answer.

...

"Mom, that was a close one. Why did she come here? Did you tell her anything? Oh dear god, thank you so much for covering me back there. Mom, I love you. How has she been? Is she on college? Well, Hoseok told me a few things about her the other day at the company but I don't know much since I didn't want to seem to desperate for news. Oh lord, does she have a boyfriend? How is Yoongi? Did she talk to you about him? Did he finally settle down? Does he still date Minji? Do they already know I'm their--" He said all of that in a breathe and then inhaled to continue, but his mother stopped him.

"Son, son! Calm down. I'll answer one question at a time."


Oh-o. He almost got caught. Do you think he'll sussecfully dodge his way off the bullets - per say - until it's time for him to tell her or do you think hlshe'll find out before the right time?

Please let me know your opinion. I might start doing karma giveaways on my stories if they get enough comments. I'll then post the rules/etc. 

!!!!!!!NEW CHAPTER TOMORROW!!!!!!!

♥♥♥ Thank you for reading, subscribing and upvoting! ♥♥♥