Two not-so-new Faces

In this arena called school

The morning after Namjoon learned a bit about her past, he woke up on the sofa again. Not wanting to bother the two other boys any longer, he decided he'd go back to sleeping in the living room. Which, surprise surprise, was a bad idea. He didn't know what he was thinking about when he made that decision. He was 1 meter and 80-something centimeters . He should've guessed it wouldn't be comfortable.

Rubbing at his weary limbs, the boy sat up. He felt like crap and was pretty sure he had dark bags under his eyes. Sighing aloud, he stood up and went to do his usual morning routine as quick as possible. He lingered for a bit, looking at his reflection in the mirror, after he washed his face with cold water to wake up. He was paler than usual, what made his dark circles look more profound. His eyes were also more closed than usual, if possible. His appearence basically screamed sick and restless. Trying to not care to much he left the bathroom and let his sister in.

He went to the kitchen and looked at the wall clock. 7:10. 20 more minutes and he, along with Chaerin, had to leave home and start walking to the bus stop. Yes, alone. Why? Suga was horribly sick. He looked even worst than Namjoon, and that already said a lot.

He went to the boys' room and threw some clothes on and put his usual black sunglasses on. Before getting out he went to check over on Yoongi. He saw the boy curled up in his bed, sweat covering his body along with a pair of reddened cheeks and paler skin than usual. He was also tremblending and his breathe was unsettling. After putting his hand in the other's forehead, the boy let out a sigh. He had fever. "Maybe you should go to the Hospital." He murmured to him, hoping he'd agree. That didn't happen. For the next few minutes Namjoon tried convincing him to do so, which was completely useless.

He then walked out of the bedroom and closed the door. Stepped into the kitchen again, picked an apple, wished a nice day to the remaining and went out of the house with Minhee.

There was a slightly awkward silence as they walked. He took a bite of his apple and as he chewed on it, she looked at him, while chewing on her cheek. "None of them let me go see my brother. What's so wrong with him?"

Namjoon swallowed and hummed lightly before answering. Yoongi was quite sick, but he wasn't too sick for them not to want her to see him. Maybe something was wrong with him and Namjoon was the only not to know? , he hated this kind of things. Not knowing about the people he cared about. He shrugged nonchalantly. "He's just a bit sick."

She nodded in response and changed the subject. "So, how's your new mixtape going?"

He choked on the piece of apple he was swallowing and started coughing. After calming himself down' he looked at her with eyes that showed embarrassment and uneasiness. Good thing he was wearing shades. "What mixtape at you talking about? I don't know about any mixtape."

She faintly tilted her head and lightly squinted her eyes as if trying to remember something. "Hoseok said it was called 'Expensive Girl'." She then smiled at him, action that made him want to slap himself.

He kept looking at her, stuttering out a few words. Why was she so gorgeous? He needed to look away before he, literally, drowned in the middle of the sidewalk. 

Making several mental notes to murder the boy, Namjoon cleared his throat." You see.. It's just that it's not finished yet and-"

"You don't need to show it to me. I'm not making you do it. What's it about?"

He was pretty sure he stood there, like a statue, near the bus station for, at least, 2 minutes straight, thinking about the answer. 

"You don't need to tell me that either, if you don't want to." He sighed in relief and relaxed his body again.

'I'll hear it later when you post it on SoundCloud.' Chaerin thought, chuckling slightly to herself.

...

Already in class, Namjoon ruffled his hair in annoyance. Why was it that he couldn't concentrate? Letting out a determined sigh, he made sure his eyes were glued on the board and his ears open - if that was possible. 

"Can anyone tell me what possible mental illness the subject of study could have?" Mister Oh asked. Chaerin raised her hand and Namjoon made sure he heard her answer. 

"Maybe it could be a failure of the amigdalas? That or depression and a big wish of death." She answered, with an almost questioning look. 

...

I saw him slightly perk up when he heard her voice. What was so good about her? Why did he look like that to her and not at me? Did he forget I exist already? After her oh-so-clever answer, I saw him smile lightly. He looked proud. Did he notice how much of a fool he looked when he was like that? Smiling unknowingly with, practically, hearts shooting from his eyes, he rested his head on his own hand.  

"Yes, you could say that. Although Dissociative Personality Disorder would be more likely, that could be possible as well."

I smirked at the professor's answer and looked back at him. See that, Kim Namjoon? She's not as perfect as you think she is.

I completely blocked out all noise coming from the rest of the class and kept looking at him. I examined his features and fantasised of us, thought about the times we spent together and imagined how it would be to have him back.

20 seconds that felt like 5 minutes later, I decided to pay attention to the teacher again.

"Alright kids, next lesson we'll talk about obsession, ambition and love. Your homework is to be ready to talk about it for a bit if I call you on front." Some people groaned, I sighed. "That's right. Now pack your stuff and leave. The bell is about to ring." The professor gave us all a nice smile and headed out himself.

With that, Chaerin and Namjoon headed out together, a friend, whose name I thought was Minji, meeting with them at the door of the classroom. 

I silently put my stuff onto my bag, threw it over one shoulder and walked behind them. I wasn't close enough for them to notice I was following them around, but I wasn't far to the point of not being able to hear their conversation.

"Where's Yoongi?" The redhead asked, pursing her lips and playing with the hem of her shirt. Probably nervous. Maybe even worried. Or both.

"He had to stay home." The other girl answered, acting weirdly fine with it. I didn't really care about it though. Not until Namjoon said something about Suga asking for Minzy in the morning.

It was like a rock was thrown at my heart. There were only two possible ways of him talking to the other right as he woke up. He either went there early, or he lived with them. The last one being the most probable.

I halted in my tracks when I realised what I was doing. I was stalking them. I was stalking him. 

This was going way too far. From a little crush, to dating, breaking up and then stalking? Oh, heck. No.

Lightly ruffling my black razor blade cut hair, I decided to stop before I got to the point of becoming a complete creep. I groaned to myself and walked quickly past the three of them, bumping into Chaerin. 

Holding my breath in for a while, I my heels. "Sorry." I said, low voice and eyes down, avoiding to look at Namjoon.

"No, no. It's okay." She replied, smiling lightly and shaking her hand in front of her as if denying it being a burden. 

Simply nodding, I turned around and walked away again. Hand clutching onto one of the straps of my bag and teeth biting softly at my lips, I let my mind wander into the deepest parts of my memory, which I thought to be inactive.

...

The bell rang and Minji practically shot up from her seat, shoved her things into her bag and darted out of the classroom, shouting apologies at Chaerin and Namjoon.

She ran to the bus stop, and got inside No.9, who took her to Yoongi's neighbourhood. Once there, she walked off the bus and to the white, simple house.

She rang the bell and waited for an answer. When no one opened it, she looked around for the other key's hiding spot. She found it and unlocked the door, stepped in and closed the door behind her. After taking off her shoes and placing her bag on a small cabinet, near the small armoire where they kept their shoes, she walked to the boys' room and knocked.

"Babe?" She asked in a gentle tone, opening and closing the bedroom door behind her. No reply. Again.

Tiptoeing to his bed, Minji started to get more nervous. Her boyfriend barely got sick. She only remembered seeing him sick once and it passed quicker than thunder - okay, maybe that was an extreme exaggeration - but, still, it was worrisome.

A pair of arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her down as she got to the side of his bed. Yelping, she fell right on top of him. "Sorry." She mumbled and tried to stand up, only to fail miserably, because the boy had both his arms around her, pulling her into a tight hug. 

"Why are you apologising? I was the one who pulled you down anyway." He murmured, sighing with a tint of happiness in his voice. She slightly rolled over and let herself lay next to him as he hugged her.

"Are you feeling any better?"

"Of course. Now that you're here, all's good." 

She chuckled and shook her head. "I'm serious, Yoongi."

"Don't worry, princess. I'm really okay."

She scrunched up her nose and stuck out her tongue, things he couldn't see in the dark, and tried not to laugh. "You've become so mushy."

She felt him nod and inch closer. "Your fault."

He kissed her and she replied, a smile stuck on her face. It was nice to be next to him like this. The past few year had been lonely for him. Many came and went, wanting to date her, but she always refused. None of them interested her. Was it bad she still like -- loved -- him after years? God, what did they even call this? True love?

...

Chaerin and him lost the bus. It wasn't a big deal, since they could just walk to Sora's Uni and then go to Hoseok's workplace to get a ride back home. Chatting happily, they made their way to one of the many sides of the city.

The atmosphere was nice and, unlike that morning, comfortable. Although Namjoon was laughing, smiling, cracking jokes or simply listening, the night before didn't leave his mind. There was something odd about it and he was set to find out what exactly it was.

"Oh! I have a question for you."She lightly clapped her hands and looked at him. "Sora says she only saw you drunk once, yet you used to go out every night, according to what she told me. What do you even do?" 

He snorted and gave himself a slap on the forehead, before mumbling something about wanting to murder his sister. "I'm an underground rapper, remember? Therefore, I'd often go out to shows, to see Sophia or even to just walk around." He lied. Well, partially. He did go to shows and to see Sophia, his ex, but he didn't just walk around doing nothing. He got into fights and quarrels, for fun. 

You see, he was a complete when it came to being drunk and on the streets. Honest to the bone and, sometimes, even aggressive. He wasn't proud of those times. He was upset and ashamed.

She seemed to buy the lie and, as if on cue, they got to Sora's college.

Walking in like if they were in there as students, the two made their way around the campus. There were dorms, little shops, a library, a cafeteria and the various discipline's blocks.

Sora was studying design, so she'd probably be at the Modern Arts building. On their way there, a few people waved at Namjoon. "Darn, boy. Popular much?" She said, between soft laughs.

He simply shrugged, hands in his pockets, while both his thumbs stuck out. It definitely made him look confident, and he knew that. Psychology classes were useful in many ways.

When they got inside the building, dropped and he simply grinned. "Close it before a fly goes in." She immediately closed it and, realising the fact that she had just obeyed him, the girl rolled her eyes playfully at him. He snickered.

After that, he made his way up the stairs and she followed behind as she didn't know about the building. They walked for a while before stopping in front of a door. 'Design 101' could be read in a white rectangular sign. 

This place was definitely different from what they were used to. Its walls were painted of white with various drawings in them and the floor was a huge beige tile with occasional grey dots and scratches. The doors were brown with simple rectangular ornaments and the ceiling was white with holes, which, most probably, meant that was where the music was coming from.

Chaerin was imagining how the classrooms were, when she heard a bell ring at an obnoxiously loud volume. She had to stop herself from cursing, when she jumped in surprise and crashed against some guy. She turned around and bowed lightly, apologising. 

He seemed older than her, so she made sure to be respectful. Upon taking a better look at the boy she noticed he was awfully familiar.

Black straight hair barely visible under the black and white cap, brown eyes that transmitted a comfortable aura and black lashes that made him look even better. His lips were slightly plump and his cheeks looked soft. Lean, but not muscular -- from what she saw -- and a nice fashion sense. 

He really looked like someone else.

The boy walked away after giving her a nod and saying a low "it's okay". Voice husky and soft, but not as deep as Namjoon's.

A bright female voice brought her back to reality. "Chaerin!! Namjoon!!" The brunette practically ran out of her classroom and hugged both of them.

...

"I'm sorry." He muttered, eyeing Chaerin, who was chatting happily with Sora. "It'll be over soon." He said - mostly to himself - and walked away.

 


 

I just want to thank everyone who, subscribed, up voted and reads this story and that THE MAIN PLOTLINE WILL START SOON. Please, be a bit patient with me. Gotta plant them roots before the plant grows, right? Thank you again and enjoy!!!