Information

In this arena called school

Hoseok and been called to go see his ex boss. He didn't quite understand the why of such mystery and aggression that night though. Why did he have to send a Fighter to call him up with a ing stick and letter? Sometimes Song Jaerim was a real prick.

There was a problem with Agent Baro's retire and he wanted him back. Not as a full time agent anymore though. He just needed to have him for a conference and a couple of jobs. And, then.. well, he'd be free. Not forever. Of course, not. That's just how the life of a Y.P. is. Once you're in, there's no going back. It keeps pulling you in.

Sighing deeply, he put his mask on and entered the remote building in the middle of the forest. Why was it always a forest?

"Hope!" A boy, practically his age, jogged up to him with an eye-smile evident even despite the bangs that covered his eyes slightly and the mask that rested on his face.

"What's up, V? " He nodded at him. 

"Nothing much. Just the usual . You?" 

"Same as you. Working part-time somewhere and living with some people."

After a small silence where they headed to the lift, V looked at him and hummed. "I heard Sunwoo's retiring at the end of this year's July. Is that why you're back?"

Hoseok groaned and turned to face him. "I'm not back, Taehyung. It's just one of those things boss does sometimes. 'You stay for a few months and go.', that's what he said."

The other simply raised his hands in defeat and changed the topic. "Y'know what we're going to do at today's reunion, right?"

Hoseok shook his head and pursed his lips as he motioned for V to continue. "New trainees." He groaned as a reply, stepped out of the elevator and waited for the boy to follow him to the destined  conference room.

They were at the end of the hallway and could already hear the noise coming from it. The kids seemed way too enthusiastic for their liking and, honestly, it wasn't good. Bursting the doors open, Hoseok and V walked in, giving them harsh looks and glares. The kids scrambled around, to find chairs in which they could sit. When everyone turned quiet, V and Hope were already at the front of the room.

"You. Name?" V pointed at a girl with short, chin length, ginger hair. 

"Y-you can call me Jucy."

"Go close the door, Jucy." She stood up and closed the door quietly, then sat back down. She was short and had a cute piggy nose.

J-Hope cleared his throat and everyone turned their eyes at him. "Hello, I'm Agent Hope and this is Agent V." Whispers filled the room and he cocked up one of his eyebrows, raising his voice enough to catch their attention again. "I'm gonna cut this short because I'm pretty sure none of you would like to hear us talk about this institution and its story for hours, now would you?" He looked around and verified some shook their heads.

V continued. "Y.P. is the acronym for Youth Protectors. A Y.P. has the obligation to help and, or, report to his superiors, if you see a young one suffering. Nobody in your presence should get through pain, unless it is the aggressor himself."

"This company was created by our boss, Song Jaerim, years ago, to uncover the secrets of the govern about the though educational system we have to live through. In the beginning everything was hard because we had close to no sources of information, so it took us quite a while to get on with all of it. You kids should be grateful for what you have."

"As for Hope and I, we've been in this company since we had 13. So, it's nearly 8 years now. He was out of the company for 2 years and I for 1. We always ended up coming back. With that said, I hope you understand what I'm trying to tell you. Once you're in, there's no complete out."

"There is only graduation. It is when you'll be freed to adulthood and responsibility. Then, you're out and aren't going to get called in unless an emergency only you can fix comes up. All graduations happen when you turn 23." Hope added, the fierce look never leaving his or his friend's eyes.

"Meanwhile, it's dangerous to get too close to someone since the Korean government has been trying to track us down for ages."

"We made many of them angry by breaking apart their plans to take away decent conditions from schools, make mandatory 12 school hours for all students and even creating more exams than we already have."

All sorts of expressions were shown by the kids in front of them. A slim, tall boy with red hair raised his hand.

V pointed at him. "Your name?"

"Choi Junhong."

"Got a question, Junhong?"

He nodded and spoke up. "When do we start our general lessons?"

"All of you will be expected to be on Y.P. Institution's secret livestream at all Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 PM, for Body and Expression Language Reading lessons - we will send you a coded e-mail with the instructions to access it. Every week, the link and various passwords will change so we cannot get tracked down. If those days aren't the best for you let us know. As for practical lessons, we'll keep you all updated through e-mail as well."

Another boy then raised his hand. He had short black hair, a triangular, yet chubby, nose and two captivating eyes which seemed to be always smiling. ', isn't that Jungkook.' Hoseok bit the insides of her cheeks under the mask and sighed to himself.

It was no use hiding it from him. The kid would end up finding out who he was and it would turn into an awkward relationship. He might as well realise it now. "Yes, Jungkook?" He asked, tone of voice monotone.

The kid raised his eyebrows in surprise for a few seconds and then cleared his throat. "Will we need code names like you ?"

V nodded and the other spoke. "Yes, you will. But those will only be decided later on when we realise what your strong points and specialities are. As for us, we're Agents because we have quick reflexes, the brains and strength. There are also Hackers, Negotiators and Fighters. Those three being under the role of Agents. If any of you is chosen to be an Agent - which I highly doubt -, please, remember you are not better in terms of nature just because you're a grade higher than the others. Modesty is always appreciated."

A wave of different reactions spread through them again. Some nodded, other blinked, another nervously touched parts of their bodies and one even smirked.

"Hackers are people whose computer skills are good enough to go against the ones in the government. Negotiators are those who are splendid with arguments. And, Fighters are the ones with extraordinary fighting skills." A short silence followed and the blonde - Kim Taehyung - continued with his explanation. "Agents are the individuals we'd like to call golden. Hacking? Negotiating? Fighting? They do all those and well. Agents are also the ones in charge of big missions. Do not fear though. The other three elements will also have things to do and accomplish. All of their jobs contribute to the gathering of information for the most important missions out there. It doesn't matter whether you're an Agent, Hacker, Negotiator or Fighter. You'll always be needed."

"Before we choose what, exactly, you are, there will be ran aptitude exams. If you have any kind of health problem, it's okay. The company will assure to give you treatment in the best of hospitals. If you desperately need anything, the company will help you. We will take care of you and your loved ones. Protect them, if needed, and provide them with our services when in extreme cases."

"When you've already been put into active, make sure not to be found. Bad things may happen. Things who might scar and sadden relatives or friends. There has been an extremely known case of it, in which the real piece of news is still unknown to the nation. "

"Kids, let me tell you the story of Agent Baro. A boy who's supposed to have been killed by maniacs around 4 years ago."


  • Kim Taehyung

20 years old

Agent V at YP Company

Tends to be random and weird, which leads to people calling him an alien

Can, and will, stare at you for extended periods of time to intimidate you

Studies at home