Destructive Chicken Soup

College With The Boys

 

 

--Minho’s POV--

I walked to homeroom and sat in my seat. I was the first one there, like usual. Key and Jonghyun came in holding hands happily just 10 minutes before the bell would ring. I quirked an eyebrow up, Taemin and Joyce usually get here before they do.. They would never be this late.

Key noticed my questioned look and looked around the room, “Where are my babies?” he asked me making it sound like I did something to them.

“Bwoh?! Why would I know?” I asked feeling offended. Key pouted and looked around our homeroom frantically.

“Yeobo! Where are they?” he said feeling very distressed and panicky.

“Jagiyah, calm down,” Jonghyun tried to hush him and sit him down, “Maybe they’re just running late.. You know what happened yesterday.”

Key gasped and put a hand over his mouth, “Yeobo! What if they both got kidnapped this time! Omo! Yeobo yeobo!” he panicked quickly shaking his boyfriend. Jonghyun face palmed himself with an ‘I-shouldn’t-have-mentioned-that’ look.

People in the classroom started to stare at us and Jonghyun tried his best to quiet Key who was freaking out. I pulled out my phone quickly and texted Joyce. Key saw my action and he immediately followed with an I-SHOULDVE-THOUGHT-OF-THAT look.

While Key was texting he tapped, well more like hit, Jonghyun repetitively on the arm without taking his concentrated eyes off his phone screen, “Yeobo yeobo, text her too, just to make sure she gets it, hurry hurry!” Jonghyun rolled his eyes and looked for his phone in his backpack.

“Huh?” he said, looking around the desk and then patted his pants pockets to try and feel for his phone, “My phones not in my-”

“OH!” Key interrupted suddenly, bolting up from his phone and gazing up at Jonghyun, “Ha…haha… ahh.. mianhe yeobo~” Key laughed nervously, pulling out Jonghyuns phone out his pants pocket and handing it to him innocently.

“Checking through my texts again, jagiyah?” Jonghyun asked, eyeing Key. Key whimpered and pouted at him. Jonghyun chuckled not being able to resist his boyfriends aegyo. “I’ll let you go this time. You're lucky you're cute..” he growled.

“Phew..” Key sighed and went back to his phone.

Key was about to go nuts waiting for Joyce’s reply. “OOH OH OH SHE REPLIED!” he almost screamed for the whole class to hear once his phone buzzed.

“SHHH! Key!” I hushed him, “be quiet!” He rolled his eyes at me and read the text.

 

--Key’s POV--

I cant believe I forgot to put Jjongs phone back in his backpack before we left the dorm, he caught me again for looking through his texts ToT. My aegyo let me go, this time THANK GOODNESS.

“Yeob yeobo!” I said panicking, “She’s not replying yeobo!” I couldn’t sit still in my seat. I was about to have an anxiety attack waiting for her to reply. Then my phone buzzed, “OOH OH OH SHE REPLIED!” I yelled at the two guys. Everyone in the room stared at me and I growled at them. Minho tried hushing me but I just ignored him and read the text.

Joyce Baby: Umma, me and Taemin are fine, please don’t worry. Taemin has a fever and I couldn’t just leave him so I skipped class for the day to take care of him. Please don’t have a panick attack! Umma saranghae! <3<3

I gasped loudly, “Omo! Omo omo ottoke!” I punched back a reply as quickly as I could.

Minho looked extremely worried, “What?! What is it?!”

“Taeminnie has a fever!” I weeped into Jjong’s shoulder. He patted my back. Minho’s phone went off and he read the text.

“Aish, poor Taeminnie,” he sighed, “I guess they’re not showing up.”

Jjong took his phone out when it alarmed him next, he laughed, “She told me to bring ramyeon.” he shook his head.

I frowned, “Yeobo I’m so sad, my baby’s sick.”

“Don’t worry about it, Jagi, I’m sure Joyce will take care of Taemin really good,” Jjong kissed my temple, “We’ll visit them later, kay?”

I nodded but frowned. He kissed my pouty lips. I giggled and hit his chest playfully, “Yeobo!”

“Gross,” Minho scoffed at us, covering his eyes, “PDA!”

I just stuck my tongue out of him, “Jealous.”

 

--Joyce’s POV--

Key texted me back almost instantly.

Key Umma: OMO OTTOKE ToT MY BABY. Whats his temperature? Do u need medicine? Is he in pain?  Make sure you put extra blankets on his and an icepack on his forehead!!

He kept on about medical procedures I should do and preparations I should make. I just shook my head at my phone. I puffed out my cheeks and sat up, I was wide awake now. I looked over to Taemin in his bed and he was deeply asleep. I looked around our dorm, it was a mess. I scratched the back of my head, feeling exhausted already. What should I do first..?

I got out of my bed and started picking up scattered clothes on the floor, mostly Taemins socks, shorts, and shirts. I threw them into the hamper so I could do the laundry later. I sighed at the hamper, it was about to overflow the top. I went to the kitchen sink and decided to start cleaning the dishes from last night.

Ugh.. I hate doing the dishes more than anything.. Blehk.

After a while I finally finished scrubbing the dishes clean and put them back in the cabinet. I pouted, What do I do now? I looked at the dirty clothes in the hamper and shook my head, I don’t feel like doing those right now.. Aaah! What to do?! Ottoke..

I slumped in my bed, extremely bored. I took out a textbook and notebook from my bag and decided to do my homework to pass by time as a last resort. Ugh, this is so boring.. I let my forehead bang into the desk, feeling stubborn. I pulled out my phone and texted Onew.

Me: Oppa. Sup?

Onew Oppa: oh anyeong, im in class rn. I heard you skipped

Me: Neh. Taking care of taeminnie, he has a fever

Onew Oppa: mianhe ):. Anyway, why’d u text? Something wrong?

Me: aniyo, im just SO BORED. Taemins asleep. Cant do much..

Onew Oppa:clean. :p

Me:I did oppa.

Onew Oppa: mianhe lol.

I pouted, Onews no fun to text. Meeeh. I looked over to Taemin, his face was scrunched up and pink. I got up from our desk and decided to do the laundry, though I really did not want to.

 

--Taemin’s POV--

I slept as much as I could after noona let me skip class for today. My body felt hot. My head felt heavy and it throbbed. I woke up from my sleep when my head bothered me too much. I opened my eyes and picked my head up a little, looking around the room. I saw Joyce noona bent over the hamper.

I groaned and put my head back down, “Noona..” I whimpered.

“Oh!” she said surprised, walking over to me with a pile of messy and used clothing in her arms, “Taeminnie you’re up, whats wrong?”

I tossed in my bed, kicking the comforter off me, “I’m hot..” I rubbed my eyes, “Noona I don’t feel good..”

She ran over to the washing machine, “Hold on, Taeminah, let me just get this..” she stuffed the clothes in the machine and turned it on.

My tummy grumbled, “Mmm… noona… hungry..” I mumbled into my pillow. She walked to the fridge and took out an ice pack and then put in on my forehead. It felt refreshingly cool and soothed my throbbing head a little.

 

--Joyce’s POV--

I was surprised when Taemin woke up. I was in the middle of putting the laundry in the washing machine when he called me. I put an icepack on his forehead and went to our food cabinet, he said he was hungry.

“Hmm.. Is chicken soup okay, Taeminnie?” I asked him, picking up a can of condensed chicken soup and reading the nutrition label.

“Mm..” I could barely hear him mumble. I took out a pot and our electric stove again. I scratched the back of my head, eyeing the can turning it around in my palm.

How the heck do you make this? I asked myself. I’ve never made this before.. Aish, pabo, who doesn’t know how to make chicken soup?!

I laughed at my pathetic self and just followed the instructions on the back.

“Noona..” I heard Taemin say. I was letting the soup bubble on the stove so I got up and checked up on the sick Taeminnie.

“Yes Taeminnie, how are you feeling?” I asked, putting the back of my hand against his pink flushed cheeks. I sat on his bed and pouted.

“Noona, don’t come too close..” he murmured and pushed my hand off his face lightly, “You might get sick too..”

“Aniyo, don’t worry about me,” I smiled at him. He shook his head slowly. I was about to put the comforter on him again but he whined.

“Noona.. It’s hot.. Im hot..” he resisted trying to push the comforter back down. “Don’t..”

“Taemin, you have to.. Sweating is good when you’re sick.” I looked at him and he tried his aegyo on me but it was too weak, “Common, aegi.” He laid still with an exaggerated frown and let me cover him back up, “Mianhe.” I patted the comforter that I placed on his body, covering him up to his chin.

“Hungry..” he whispered, turning to his side and cuddling a bear.

“It’s almost done,” I told him, going back to my soup. I got a spoon and took a spoonful out of the boiling pot and blew on it to cool it down. I took a sip from the spoon and made a sour face, “Gah!” I yelled quietly to myself, opening my mouth and airing out my tongue while I gave the boiling pot of YUCK dirty looks. It tasted like nothing I’ve tasted before and I was sure it was close to toxic.

OHMYGOD. THIS DISGUSTING THING. What have I done?! Onew would be dreadfully disappointed in me if he tasted this. Aish, you really are a pabo, Joyce Kim, the only person who does NOT know how to make something as simple as chicken soup.

“On second thought... It’s not almost done, Taeminnie, mianhe!” I apologized and proceeded to dump the foul thing in the sink and start over again with out last can of soup. I heard him whimper and roll around in his bed. An idea struck my head, AISH, PABO!

I ran over to my bed and swiped my phone off my pillow. I texted Onew right away, Why didn’t I think of this before? I looked at the clock, Perfect, he’s probably in lunch right now, yes!

Me:OPPA! Can you come to our dorm and teach me how to make chicken soup? For taemin, of course.

Onew Oppa:OH! Chicken soup? IM IN~ I’ll be there right away.

I smiled big and giggled.

Me:Thanks oppa ^^

 

-----------------------------------------------

LOL @ joyce and her chicken soup xD haha I hope that made you smile. onews coming over~! 

and ooh, Key looking through jjongs texts? ;O hmmmm~ xD

haha thanks for reading guys!! Comment comment <3