Bringing Back Jongkey

College With The Boys

 

--Minho’s POV--
 
Jonghyun just sat there, staring blankly at nothing. His eyes were red and veins lined his pupils. Dark circles heavily rounded his eyes. Onew and I pressed him for answers to why his room was a wreck, who that girl was and what the heck happened to Key but he didn’t move a muscle or speak a word. We gave up on him and started reorganizing their room sadly. Onew clutched his back achingly after bending over and picking up a few scattered shirts.
 
“Jonghyun, you can’t just sit there.” he murmured. 
 
I spotted the bag that had Key's cake in it, “Where’s Key..?” I said gently, picking up the bag and looking inside finding a destroyed cake.
 
“He left..” he said it so quietly that a pin dropping would be louder than his voice. 
 
“Was it because of that girl?” Onew replied, folding a stack of shirts he picked up next to him. I was relieved Jonghyun finally began opening up. He cursed under his breath momentarily and grunted.
 
“She used to be a childhood friend until she became obsessed with me.. She couldn’t accept Key being my boyfriend.. She snuck into the school and Key came in at the wrong time.. It was a misunderstanding..” his voice choked and he was on the brink of tears.
 
“He made this cake for you..” I frowned at the ruined dessert, “He was so happy, he knew you’d take him back after this.” He sniffed and rubbed his eyes harshly and cursed some more. I patted his shoulder. “Are you not going to go after him?” 
 
He shook his head, “He must hate me now..” his breath hitched. I pulled out my phone and dialed for Key’s number but it went straight to voicemail. Onew and I took turns calling Joyce desperately, she was the only person we thought Key would run off to. To our misfortune, however, whe wouldn’t answer any of the calls. 
 
“We should go find Key, hyung,” I suggested. Onew shook his head.
 
“I think he needs to be alone for a while.. He must be in complete shock right now. I’m sure he’s at Joyce’s. She’ll take care of him.” he said quietly while putting clothes back into their proper cabinets.
 
Jonghyun didn’t talk for the rest of the night and Onew and I spent the whole night cleaning up their dorm and trying to cheer him up. We passed out from cleaning when it hit 4am.
 
 
--Joyce’s POV--
 
“Crap..” I sighed and face palmed myself. “Hold on, okay Key?” I called Minho quickly and he thankfully picked up.
 
“Heh.. Hello?” he sounded seriously tired with a hoarse voice.
 
“Minho! I’m sorry for not answering! My phone was messed up.” I apologized sadly.
 
“Oh.. Ohyeah..” he yawned. “Oh! Where’s Key? Is he there with you?” he suddenly spoke up.
 
“Yeah. Yeah, he is,” I looked over to Key and he waved his hand around indicating that he didn’t wanna see any of them right now, “Please don’t worry about him. Wheres.. Jjong?” I hesitated a little bit.
 
“Uhh.. Oh he’s here. Me and Onew are at his dorm.. We.. huh.. cleaned all night.” He was still half asleep and yawned every now and then.
 
“What?! Cleaned what? Why?” I asked curiously.
 
“Long story.. What are we going to do about them?”
 
I bit my lip and whispered, “I don’t know..” I suddenly heard Taemin and groaning, “Gotta go, just text me okay.” I hung up quickly and went over to Taemin. He was having a coughing fit and I patted his chest gently.
 
“Noona..” he groaned. 
 
“Joyce..” I heard Key whimper. I looked back and forth to the depressed Key and sick Taemin. Dear lord.. help me now..
 
 
--One week later--
 
After the Jongkey fight I’ve only been able to sleep a maximum of four hours a day. Key moved into our dorm after begging me endlessly, saying he couldnt bear looking at Jonghyun. I was busy taking care of Taemin and Key and I was seriously starting to break down in exhaustion. I was relieved when Taemin finally healed a few days later and I didn’t have to tend to him every five minutes.
 
This week was seriously the longest week in my life. What made everything worse was that the two, Jonghyun and Key, had every class together and everyday Key would come running into the door after class ended, crying hysterically and telling me how they didn’t even look at each other once and how he missed him to death. 
 
Taemin was just as stressed as I was. He couldn’t handle seeing his umma so heart broken. On the other hand Minho and Onew were dealing with Jonghyun.
 
 
--Minho’s POV--
 
I have never seen Jonghyun so quiet and so lifeless after the Jongkey fight. Onew and I visited him at his lonely dorm daily and he’s always just sitting there, locking himself inside the dorm. Staring at their selca plastered on the walls, sometimes even sobbing. We tried counseling him but he just resisted and didn’t listen to us. 
 
One week had already passed and the two still didn’t make up. They never had a fight last this long. We took Jonghyun to the cafeteria to get some air and after 30 minutes of no talking I finally snapped.
 
I slammed my hands on the table and stood up, “Jonghyun, you can’t just sit there and do nothing! I’m sick of you being like this! Stop being a wuss and get your lover back!” He looked up at me slowly and lazily. He looked back down and pinched the bridge of his nose.
 
“How? He won’t even look at me?” he groaned.
 
“Jonghyun, he’s probably begging in his sleep to have you back,” Onew murmured. Jonghyun just shook his head. After a few moments he got up and quietly left me and Onew dumbfounded. I pulled out my phone, irritated. I texted Joyce right away.
 
Me: Joyce, we need to talk. Asap. Come to the cafeteria, just u and taemin
 
Joyce: ok, we’re on our way.
 
 
--Joyce’s POV--
 
Minho texted me telling me we needed to have a talk. I looked over to Key peacefully sleeping in my bed, he passed out after crying so much today. I was thankful he wasn’t awake or else he wouldn’t let me or Taemin take one step out of the dorm.
 
“Shhh Taeminah,” I whispered to him as we crept out the door, “Don’t wake him up.” He nodded and we slipped out of the dorm successfully. We met Onew and Minho in the cafeteria. We sat down at their table in front of them. They looked extremely concerned.
 
“Joyce, this is getting out of hand.” Minho sighed, rubbing his temples.
 
“You think?” I said, pointing to my dark circles. Taemin rubbed my back.
 
“Poor noona doesn’t sleep anymore cause umma is always crying at night.” he pouted, “What do we do?”
 
“We should set them up,” Onew smiled mischievously. Taemin and I went ‘oooh’ at his idea.
 
“But how?” Minho sulked. 
 
Onew grinned widely, “Key is currently asleep, right?” I nodded curiously. “Well, Taemin could call Jonghyun for an emergency so Jonghyun rushes over to your dorm but instead of finding Taemin," he chuckled, "he just finds Key.”
 
“Oh!” I clapped my hands, “Brilliant!”
 
“I like that idea, noona, let’s do it!” Taemin giggled, shaking my arm. 
 
“He doesn’t have a phone, he broke it, remember?” Minho said flatly. I smacked Minho from across the table. Why does this guy always have to ruin the mood?!
 
“Dont worry, I gave him my extra one.” Onew stuck his tongue out at Minho.
 
“But what if Key freaks out and-” Minho was saying. Onew just stuffed his mouth with a piece of bread that he pulled out of no where. Minho choked on it and chewed it angrily at Onew.
 
“Everything will be fine, stop being so pessimistic,” Onew told Minho, “You want them to make up, right?” Minho nodded and rolled his eyes. “Trust me.”
 
Taemin pulled out his phone excitedly and dialed the number Onew gave him, “What should I say?”
 
“Say something like.. you burned yourself!” I said, Onew nodded.
 
Taemin put the phone against his ear and began his act once Jonghyun picked up, “Hyu-hyung! Helpp me! I- OWWW burned myself!”
 
We all leaned in close to hear Jonghyun reply, “Taemin! What?! Where are you?” It was the first time I heard Jonghyun so lively after the fight.
 
“I’m at my dorm, hyung, OW!” Taemin exaggerated, “Hyung help me!” he giggled quietly at his amazing acting skills.
 
“Where’s Joyce?!” Jjong cried into the phone.
 
Taemin looked at us for help, “Uhhh.. Ah! Noona went with Key somewhere, help me hyung owwie!” 
 
“I’m coming!” We heard Jjong yell. Taemin hung up and Onew and I chuckled immaturely. We were both super excited, our plan was working!
 
-------------------------------------------------
HEEEELLLLLLLO EVERYONE~ XD Haha ^^ Hows everyone doingg? :D I've been good, sobbing at how school is so close now. I still havent finished all my usmmer assignments sob. so anyways~
 
Do you guys think their plan will work?! What will happen when Jonghyun gets to their dorm and finds out that Taemin was just lying?! Find out in the next chapter! ^^ <3
 
Comment comment bbs <3