Call Me 'Oppa'

College With The Boys

 

 
--Joyce’s POV--
 
We got back into Onews car after his embarrassing incident in the waiting room.
 
Geez.. What was he thinking? Putting on a show in a freakin’ waiting room…
 
“Jo.. Can you be honest with me?” Onew suddenly interrupted my thoughts.
 
“Uh.. of course.. Hyung.” I replied, suddenly getting nervous.
 
He looked me in the eyes, “You really aren’t a guy… are you?”
 
I gasped. I couldn’t move, how did he find out?, I felt suddenly depressed, I couldn’t lie, and I wouldn’t lie, “Yes..”.
 
I waited for a response from him, but nothing, until I felt his arms reach over to me in my seat, grabbing me in for a hug.
 
He screamed like a little girl, shaking me in his embrace.
 
“Uhhh..” I said awkwardly, my face was in his chest.
 
“I knew it!” He cheered, still holding onto me, “I knew it I knew it! Kyaaaah~!”
 
“Onew, this is really uncomfortable..” I told him, my body was pressed against the arm rest in between him and I. He laughed and let go of me. I was embarrassed and turned away, “How did you find out..” I asked shamelessly.
 
Onew kept chuckling to himself, he seemed extremely satisfied, “It was too obvious, really.. No guy can be as pretty as you.” He said, I blushed. “Not to mention your femininity when it came to Taemin..”
 
“Well..” I started in defense, “You could say the same to Key.” 
 
He cracked up, “No way, it’s different with Key, trust me. Plus, you never shower in the guys locker room or change with us.” he continued, cocking his head side to side, simply too amused.
 
“What else made you think I wasn’t a guy?” I asked, dumbfounded and slightly irritated.
 
“Well, I overheard you and the doctor talking,” Onew said, smiling, “You whispered your real name a little too loud.”
 
 
--Onew’s POV--
 
I watched her shake her head, her face in her palms, she seemed really embarrassed.
 
“Don’t worry about it,” I told her patting her back, “Your real name is really pretty, Joyce~” She looked up and I flashed a wink at her. She smacked me, turning red.
 
“And I have to say, I’m really mad at you for chopping all your hair off,” I said feeling witty, she looked at me like I was crazy.
 
“How’d you know?!” She exclaimed.
 
“I saw the picture of you and your parents under your pillow,” I smiled at her, “But I promise I wasn’t snooping, it was just peeking out of your pillow and I happened to pick it up.”
 
She sighed and laid back in her seat, looking exhausted.
 
“Jo Yisuh, Joyce, really clever.” I laughed.
 
“I wasn’t the one who made up that name,” she said in defense, “it was the damn scholarships fault.”
 
“What happened?” I asked, extremely curious why a girl was attending an all boy school, not that I minded.
 
“Well you know that scholarship I told you guys about the other night..” she started, “it enrolled me here by accident,” she said, frustrated that I found out her secret, “I had no other option.. My parents wouldn’t be able to pay for college tuition and I couldn’t burden them.. I cut off my hair and pretended to be a guy…” she started to sniffle, and then tears slipped out of her eyes.
 
“Hey, hey..” I said, “Don’t cry.. Why are you crying?” I pulled her into a hug, though the damn arm rest was in the way, “Don’t cry, Joyce. I’m not going to tell anyone your secret.. I promise.” I whispered to the crying girl, “I’ll protect you.”
 
She nodded, trusting me. I smiled, feeling relieved. She felt like the little sister I had always wanted, I wanted to protect her, take care of her, and do anything for her.
 
“Call me Oppa,” I whispered to her. 
 
She giggled, “Onew oppa.”
 
 
--Joyce’s POV--
 
I was so happy that I can trust Onew, he seemed to really care about me. I felt so much better, not having too much of a burden to carry now that I have Onew to talk to about anything.
 
“Oppa,” I called, we were now driving.
 
“Hm?” he responded.
 
“Oppa.. My wrist hurts..” I whined, he laughed, “Buy me ice cream.”
 
“Eh?! Weeeh?!” He answered comically.
 
 
--Onews POV--
 
A while after I was driving, Joyce seemed really happy and at ease. She started asking me to buy her ice cream.
 
“Oppa, please?” she said playfully, when I looked over she made cute faces.
 
Damnit, so that’s her aegyo, not gonna be tough to ignore, just like Taemins.
 
“Alright alright,” I gave in, “But lets get ice cream with the guys, kay?”
 
She nodded happily. 
 
----------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone! Onew knows! ^^ How will the others find out about her secret? I hope you guys look forward to the next chapter!! ^^
    
Oh, and I just wanted to explain my inspiration for this story~
 
I've always wanted to write about a girl who goes to an all-boy school, haha. I really love reverse-harem stories especially when it comes to anime, name a reverse-harem anime and I've probably watched it, Vamp. Knight, La Corda d'Oro, Fruit's Basket, you name it ^^.
 
So anyways, yeah ^^ I finally made my decision to write this fanfic when I kept seeing Minhyuk gifs of his drama Heartstrings. I honestly think he looks really pretty in those glasses and his hair, which is kind of what I was trying to aim for for Joyce in this story. Hehe, he's really cute >o>. So yeah, theres my story, keke. :D
 
Enjoy some Minhyuk gifs~