Chapter Twenty-Three ღ

I Love You, Mr. Arrogant!

[ 3 years later ]

 

 

"Jagi, I'm going to pay for these things at the counter. You wait here, okay?" Kai said, while Suzy nods her head.

Suzy wanders around the shop and saw some baby related stuffs. She walks towards the baby clothers section and smiled at one of the pink bunny shirt.

"Jagi, I-" Kai stopped when he saw Suzy admiring the baby clothes. He walks behind her and hugged her.

"We'll have one soon."

Suzy chuckles and hit Kai's arms lightly. "Really? When? Next century? It's been three years, you know.."

Kai sighed and pinched the girl's cheeks.

"I can wait. Even if it takes ten years. Don't take what Mama said to heart."

Suzy nods and fakes a smile. But nothing will make her forget about it.
 

 

« Flashback »

"OMO! Looks at you now, Mae Ri. You're so cute!" Suzy exclaimed, playing with her niece, Bae Mae Ri.

"Suzy? You're here?"

Suzylooks up and saw Mrs Kim standing by the door. "Mama! Long time no see. How are you?" Suzy perked up and hugged her mother - in - law.

"I'm fine. And I bet you're too, right?" She chuckles.

"Have a seat, I'll call mom..."  Suzy was about to enter the kitchen when Mrs Kim stops her.

"It's okay. Sit. Your mom knows I'm here." She pulls her to the seat next to her. "Alright then."

"Mae Ri is really cute, right? Just like your brother."

"Yeah. Sung Hyun isn't cute." Suzy fakes a disgusted look and giggled after.

"When will you have a child? Look at your brother, he had a daughter after one year of marrying Soo Jung."

"...Just give me some time." Suzy lowered her head, feeling offended by her indirect words.

"It's been three years, Suzy. I wanted a grandchild."

"I understand..." Suzy said, glancing at Mae Ri who continued playing unawared of the tension.

« End of flashback »

 

"Suzy? Are you okay?" Kai waved his hand in front of Suzy's face.

"Yeah... I'm fine. Let's go home." Suzy forced a smile and walks out of the shop.

"Suzy, I understands how you feels. I wanted a child too, I really do..."

 

"Dinner's ready!" Suzy exclaimed as she lays the foods on the table.

"Coming!" Kai said and took his seat immediately.

He starts eating the food greedily as if he haven't eaten for days. He stops chewing when he saw that Suzy didn't touch at food at all, instead of playing with it. He place his hands on top of hers, with a worried look on.

"Are you okay, Suzy? You looked uneasy. Anything's wrong?"

Suzy shooks her head and said nothing. It's makes Kai even worried than he already was.

"Don't bother lying, Suzy. I know something's up. Tell me."

"Nothing. I'm just tired. I'm going to bed." Suzy stoods up and left the dining room. Kai continued eating but he was still worried.

"It must be about having children..."

 

Suzy laid on the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. She puts her hans on her tummy, hoping that she'll be pregnant but her hope brings it down.

"Is it true that i can't have baby?" Suzy mumbles.

The doors opens and Suzy quickled acted like she was asleep.

"Suzy? You sleeping?"

Suzy kept quiet, listening to what Kai was about to say next.

"I'm sorry if Mama offended you in any ways. She was ju-"

"She waht? I what exactly what she meant. She's implying that I'm barren." Suzy said, sitting up, startling Kai.

"I thought you wer-"

"She wanted to get a new wife for you..."

"What? No. Listen, no matter what holds in the future, I'll never find someone else. I believe, we will have our own child that resembles the two of us." Kai said her head lightly.

"What if I-"

"'What if' does not exist in my dictionary. Now, let's sleep." Kai said, pulling Suzy closer to him. She puts her head on his arm and mumbles. "fine."

 

 

The next morning, Kai woke up and was surprise to see Suzy missing. She isn't in the kitchen nor the living room.

"Where is she?" Kai wonders, rubbing his still half opened eyes.

Just then, he heard noises from the bathroom.

"Suzy, wh-"

Kai's eyes widen when he saw Suzy vomiting her lungs out. She looks like she is suffering and it hurts Kai at the sight. "Omg, are you okay?!"

"Kai ah.. I'm fin-" Suzy passed out but luckily Kai was in time to catch her before her head hits the basin.

Kai carries her bridal-style to the nearest clinic. The worried look not leaving him as he waited outside for Suzy. She walks out of the doctor's room.

"Is there anything wrong, Suzy? You're not sick right?" Kai immediately asked, panickly.

"Don't worry too much. I'm more than fine." Suzy smiles widely.

"What- why?"

"The doctor said... I'm..." Suzy purposely paused her words. She enjoyed the curious and confused look on Kai.

"You what?"

"I'm pregnant."

"Really?! You're pregnant?! Seriously?! Oh my god!" Kai exclaimed, feels really shocked but happy at the same time.

"Do I look likes I'm lying?" Suzy giggles. He hugged her tightly.

"Omg. I'm going to be a dad!", he said and carry Suzy in a bridal style.

They're too happy about the news, especially Kai. He will become a father. Aren't they sweet?


 

[Author's note]:

Hello! ^^ Another chapter for you :D Hope you'll like it >< Thanks for subscribe! <3 ^^

XOXO <3

 

Edited and checked.          InfinityGirl