Chapter 7

Forgotten Memories

You knocked on the door after ringing the door bell many times. You have been standing by the front door for about half an hour and he still didn't open up the door. You headed to the company and went up to his office. You walked in without knocking and stood infront of the person's desk. He looked up at you as his eyes widened. 

"Why are you here?" Your father said. 

"Why did you hit Daehyun?" You said. 

"I don't have time for th-"

"I'm asking you why did you hit Daehyun!" You rose your voice a little as you glarred at your father. You couldn't believe the horror you saw that night. 

"Why aren't you on your father's side?" He replied. You smirked then glarred at him.

"You played the bad part. He was obviously the one getting punched, he was trapped against a wall by a monster who kept hitting him repeatedly!" You flarred at your father. It was the first time that you've spoken to him that way. He kept quiet and starred at you. 

"You're not going to answer? WAE DID YOU-"

"THAT BRAT IS PART OF A GANG" you kept quiet as you clutched your fist.

"So. You were hitting him cause he's part of a gang? What does that have to do with you?! It's his personal life!!" 

"He wants to ruin your life! He's done it to other girls and he's going to do it to you! He's using you!" He said getting up from his seat as he slammed his palm on the table. 

"I don't want you meeting up with him again" He said angrily. 

"Mwoh-"

"My words are final"

"We're just frien-"

"I DON'T CARE! That brat is going to turn against you, he's the monster that you need to stay away from!" He said glarring at you. 

"If you meet him again, I will remove your name from the company's next project that you were taking part of." He threatened. 

"Anyo. Kwenchanayo, I can do that my self" You spit back. You grabbed the telephone on his desk and dialed his partner. He did as you ordered and you slammed the telephone. 

"All done" You said as you walked up to the door. 

"ARE YOU GOING TO ACT LIKE YOUR MOTHER?!" You stopped in your tracks. You turned your head to the side a bit, still not facing him. 

"Although I don't know what my mother betrayed you with, or how she did.. I'm sure you declared war on her first." you paused then put your head up high. "I never expected you to hit an innocent person, or worse, threaten your daughter."

You turned the door knob and slammed the door. You were tearing up as you walked away. It was the first time you treated your father like this and you felt a bit guilty. But something told you he needed to hear those words from you. Daehyun. There's no way he would hurt a person. Or even use them for something. You might have not known him for long, but you know him well enough and he wouldn't do such things. When he's around you he seems, real, like he's truly being a friend and not using you. 

You got back home and you sat in the kitchen. You were thinking about how to apologize to Daehyun properly. Cheesecake. Yes cheesecake. You got up and starting making it for him. You decorated it really cutely and then put it into the fridge. You waited for a while for the cake to cool down more then took it out and put it into a package. 

"Ahjusshi, Daehyun's house" You said as you were putting the seatbelt on in the back seat. The car didn't move. 

"Ahjusshi."

"Chwesonghamnida Agashi(Miss). Your father informed me on not taking you there.." *Wow. Really?! Why is he being so childish!* 

"Ahjusshi!" You said raising your voice a bit. He stayed still. You huffed and unbuckled your seatbelt. You opened the door and left the car. *Fine. I'll walk then* You started walking to his house. It took you about half an hour and your legs were killing you. You reached his house in about 30 minutes. You stood at the door and rang the doorbell. The door didn't open. You rang it one more time. You waited for a few seconds. Daehyun opened the door. At first he didn't look at you, but he looked like he was in pain. He was holding onto his head until his eyes lifted up to see you. He starred at you and didn't speak. You noticed his eye was swollen. Did he get into another fight? You put the package up in front of him. He looked down at it then at you. 

"Cheesecake.." You said feeling embarrassed to face him after what your father did. He opened the door more and told you to come in. You followed him into the living room. His house was so fancy, he had good taste. You put the box on the table and stood there feeling awkward. He was sitting on the couch. 

"Anja (Sit)" he said looking at you. You sat on end of the couch feeling a little scared from what your father said a while ago. He chuckled. 

"Why are you sitting there, I'm not going to bite" You looked at him awkwardly. He gave you a what's wrong look. You mouthed "gangster" to him. He didn't seem to catch the word. You mouthed it again. He gave you a look as if he still didn't get it. You huffed *here it goes*

"I heard you were a gangster." you said sighing. 

"mm. So?" He said. 

"You're not going to hurt me?" you said a little scared. He laughed a bit. 

"Yahh I'm not a gangster anymore. I used to be back in high school" He said honestly. Ahh.. You felt bad that you thought you would hurt you. 

"Mianhae.." He laughed at your response. 

"Anya kwenchana, most people react that way when they find out" he said smiling. You moved closer to him. 

"ah chincha" he started laughing at you as he thought it was cute how you suddenly moved closer to him. Your attention went back to his eye. 

"Did you get into another fight?" He shook his head. You pointed at his eye. 

"That was from that night, it's just more swollen now" he said.

"Mianhae.." You said feeling guilty. He started laughing again.

"Ah why do you always apologise! You didn't do anything baboya" he said as he flicked your forehead. He pointed at your cheeck. 

"Is that okay now?" He said. You nodded. He smiled. *I just got slapped and he's worried... he got punched. Hard. He should worry about himself, aish this boy* 

You put the box in his fridge and walked back out. 

"When you're all better, or you feel like you need something sweet to eat, there's cheesecake in your fridge" 

"Gomawo" he said smiling happily. You heard the door bell ring. You opened it to find Eungi standing at the door. 

"Why are you here?" You said surprised. 

"Your father asked me to bring you back." she said with a sigh. 

"I'm not going" 

"Agashi-"

"I DON'T WANT TO GO! I DON'T WANT TO BE CONTROLLED BY ANYONE ANYMORE! I DON'T NEED A BODYGAURD OR A DRIVER! I DON'T EVEN NEED A FATHER"

"Agashi!-" 

"I just need a friend. And I found friends! STOP TRYING TO STOP ME MEETING UP WITH THEM" You screamed and started crying. You hated the fact that you were being controlled. You hated this whole driver, and body gaurd thing. You just wanted to be normal. Daehyun heard you scream and ran out to the door. He looked shocked and confused at the fact that you were crying. 

"Agashi-" She walked up closer to you but you pushed her off. 

"Three years! It's been three years and I have finally made 2 friends! I spend three years in that hell hole doing nothing but trying to remember ! I couldn't even go out!"

"Agashi, it's cause you don't know your way around" 

"Who's fault is that? WHO'S FAULT IS THAT?!" You started screaming and crying. Daehyun walked up behind you. 

"Agashi-" She walked up to you again but you pushed her back again. 

"Stop calling me that" You said in a frustrated tone. Daehyun held your shoulders and told you to calm down. You kept on crying and kept pushing Eungi and the driver away when they tried to grab you. 

"LET GO!" You were screaming so loud. 

"Soyeon, calm down. It's okay-" said Daehyun

"LET GO!!" you kept screa,ing. Daehyun then grabbed you and pulled you behind him. 

"I'll bring her back home later" 

"She has to go now" the driver replied. 

"I don't think it's a good time though" He replied calmly. Eungi and the driver stopped and nodded. They bowed and walked away. He turned around to face you. You were filled with tears. He put his hand on your shoulders and looked you in the eye. 

"Why did you do that, you should've just left" He said calmly. 

"Ani, I'm not going to live like before. I am going to do what I want" you said mad. 

"But still, Soyeon-ah. I know you might be mad at your father right now.. but in the end he's your father." he said still calm. 

"He's a monster" He sighed and pulled you into a hug. He patted your head. You hugged him back tight. 

 

You sat inside the living room starring into space. You drifted off into your thoughts of running away or apologising to your dad. Daehyun kept trying to make you laugh but it didn't work.

"Aigoo I'm so tired" He said laying down on the couch. He put his legs on your lap.  

"Give me a message" he said doing aegyo. You looked at him in a weird way.

"Yah, I'm your friend! Chingu, chinguya(friend)" He said patting his chest. You chuckled and started massing his calves. 

"See, it's better to smile" he said happy to see you smile. It was quiet until Daehyun got up from the couch. He grabbed the remote on the table. 

"I'll sing for you" he said smiling to cheer you up. 

"What song do you want me to sing?" 

"Yah, can you even sing?" You said laughing. 

"Ofcourse! you're eyes are going to pop out when you hear my voice" He said feeling confident

"mmm, then song 4men's song, baby baby" You said smiling. 

"Keurae (okay)" He said smiling. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKJE7HlbjdM

When he first started singing your eyes widened and he smiled seeing that you did get surprised. Even though it was only a few seconds it was still so beautiful. Your heart beat faster and you didn't know why. You didn't know what it meant. Were you falling for him? Or was it just his voice? When he was done you just starred at him. He laughed so hard. 

"Waegeurae? Did you perhaps fall for me?" He said teasing. 

"A-ani!" You said throwing a pillow at him. He was laughing so hard. 

"Mwoyah! I'm an oppa! You have to respect me" he said teasing you more. 

"Respect? my . psh." You said getting up from the couch. You heard the door bell ring again. *ugh.. what now* Daehyun looked at you. 

"I'll open the door" he said. He went over and opened the door. 

"Why are you here." he said coldly. 

"Where's Soyeon." He replied back coldly. You walked up to the door to find Youngjae. 

"oh, oppa? Why are you here?" His eyes drifted from Daehyun to you. He smiled brightly. 

"They told me you were here" He said still smiling. Daehyun looked at you and you looked back at him. 

"Kaja" he said as he held his hand out. You looked down at his hand but didn't budge. You didn't take his hand. He noticed you not taking it so he just grabbed your hand and pulled you out the door gently. Daehyuns eyes were on you the whole time. You turned around and mouthed "Mianhae" while walking away. He mouthed back "kwenchana" and forced a smiled. He waved at you and you waved back. Youngjae glanced at you waving back and rolled his eyes. You turned your head back to the front and looked down at your hand. He held your hand tighter and you looked up at him. 

"Oppa.." 

"mm" He looked over at you smiling. 

"Wae.. ani.." You paused for a while. 

"Oppa.. we're not together.. but.. why do you still treat me as your girlfriend.." You said awkwardly.

He smiled. "Just because. Wae, you want me to stop?"

"Anyo.. I'm okay with it" You smiled. He interwined his fingers with yours and he smiled. You got into the car and buckled your seatbelt. *Daehyun. Seems like you really don't want to give up.* Youngjae drove for a while when suddenly the car was about to hit someone and Youngjae pressed the breaks quickly, which let you go forward and almost hit your head. You were so shocked and scared.  

*Flashback*

You were running so fast until you saw a body that was beat up so badly on the ground. It was a woman. There was blood coming from her head as she was lying on the ground. 

"ANDWAE" You ran up to the body until someone hugged you hard grabbing your stomach from the back to stop you from going there. 

"JASHIK! LET GO" You were trying to set yourself free. 

"JUST GO HOME, IT'S NOT SAFE" The guy said still holding on to you.

"JASHIK LET GO I SAID LET GO!" You were crying and screaming. 

"CALM DOWN IT'S ME" you were still trying to set yourself free. 

"SOYEON IT'S ME" He said grabbing your wrists and turning you around. 

*end of flashback* 

You froze and didn't move. You felt your brain hurting again so you quickly took out the pills and swallowed water from Youngjae's bottle. He looked at you confused and worried. 

"Kwenchana?!" You looked over at him with teary eyes. 

"My mom.. she was killed?" Youngjae stopped the car at the side of the street and starred at you. 

"Soyeon-ah.. waegeurae.." 

"Did you know?" you said with a firm tone. He didn't reply and looked down. 

"Jashik." He looked up at you. 

"Disgusting." The tears fell and you got out of the car. 

"Soyeon-ah!" he got out of the car and ran after you grabbing your wrist. 

"Let go" you shook his hand off your wrist. He just looked at you with sad eyes.  

"I trusted you. Why didn't you tell me WHY!!" You screamed. *Why is this such a bad day* 

"How do you expect me to tell you! You wanted me to tell you that you're mother was killed? What kind of bastard would that make me?!" He replied back. You went quiet. He had a point. You broke down crying and you sat on your knees on the sidewalk. He bend down slowly and patted your back. 

"Mianhae." he said with all honesty. 

"Who was it." 

"Mwoh?"

"Who was the one who stopped me from running to my mom." You looked over at him with your puffy eyes. "Was it you?" he looked into your eyes. *Aish.. I can't say it was me again..* Youngjae shook his head. 

"Then who was it" you said. Youngjae stayed quiet. 

"Fine, I'll find out my self." You stood up and walked back into the car. You sat looking straight ahead with an unsatisfied expression. Youngjae got in after you and looked at you then looked at the road. He still didn't drive yet. 

"Mianhae." He said again. You didn't reply and kept looking straight. *My memories are coming back quick.. the faster they come.. the sooner I am to dying from shock.* 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So now you know that the mother was actually murdered! She remembered something important finally! I hope you guys are more satisfied with this chapter, it's more satisfying than the previous one but I think it's still not good. Idk I guess I'm just never impressed with my chapters :/ I hope you guys enjoyed it though! We are getting closer and closer to her getting her memories back :o yaaaaay~ If you guys have any ideas or suggestions please feel free to comment! I will consider each one of your comments! Annyong everyone! Stay tuned for updates ^^