Chapter 5

Forgotten Memories

"Arasseo.." He smiled his signature eye smile and dragged you down the street.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You were dragged to a small stand out on the street. Daehyun made you sit down on the chair in front of the stand. 

"This place is not much, but the food is so good!" He smiled at you. *We used to come here after school* 

"Ahjumma! four of these please!" He said pointing to the Taiyaki fish shaped cake. 

"Daehyun-shi.. I don't feel like eating though.." you said, not sure about eating this since you've never tried street food before, well at least after that accident. Daehyun gave you a glare as he handed you two of the Taiyaki cakes as in *You will eat them.* You accepted them and just starred at it. Daehyun was happily eating and having a conversation with the Ahjumma. 

"Ohhhh Ahjumma! You're so good at making these, accept me as your son so I can have them everyday~" He said playfully with food in his mouth, making the Ahjumma laugh. He turned to you and saw you not eating. He leaned next to your ear and whispered. 

"Yah. Do you want to die?" You jumped a little to your surprise. 

"A-anyo!" 

"Then eat! Look at how you look! Yah. Your face is turning yellow" You touched your face at his comment and then took a bite. He smiled at how cute you acted and kept on chewing. To your surprise, it actually tasted really good. 

"Ahjumma! Can I have another one please?" You asked with puppy eyes. 

"Of course! Anything for the pretty lady" She said smiling as she handed you another one. Daehyun wasn't surprised. He already knew you ate a lot, just like in the past. As he was was paying for the bill you stood by him still eating your last cake. 

"Your girlfriend is so pretty! Take care of her, you look good together" Your eyes widened at her comment and you started waving your hands as a 'no I'm not his girlfriend!' 

"Nae Kamsahamnida-AH!" Daehyun turned to you after you slapped his arm. 

"Ah Waeeee!" He yelled as he held the place where he got hit. The ahjumma laughed and bowed at you both moving on to the next customer. 

"I'm not your girlfriend!" you whispered. 

"I know I was just teasing! Ouh chincha" He said walking away. You chuckled as you followed him.

 

You walked onto the bus as you headed to Myeongdong to shop. As you got off the bus Daehyun pulled you close to him. You looked up confused, just when you wanted to move his arm away from your shoulder- 

"It's crowded here, you're gonna get lost. Just stay close" he said looking straight, not facing you. You did as you were told.

You entered a cute store that sold accessories for phones, hair, laptops and more. You walked up to the phone accessory section and you started looking through them. 

"Daehyun! Take this it's so cute!" You said showing him a bunny that you chain up to phones. 

"Yah. I'm a man, I don't buy this stuff" He said trying to look tough. 

"Ah. Arrasseo I'll take it for Youngjae" You said cheerfully. As soon as you turned around he grabbed your wrist turning you back to him. He looked at you then at the bunny. He snatched it from you. 

"ahh waee!" You said wanting it back. 

"It's mine"

"But I thought-"

"Yah, I also a lot of these! I'll add it to my collection.." He said making up the collection part as an excuse. He turned a shade of light pink and grabbed another bunny. He handed it to you forcefully. 

"You also take one." He said trying to sound tough. He walked away looking at other things. *That was weird.* 

 

As you walked the streets, you were teasing eachother the whole time.

"Oh.." You said noticing someone familiar in the crowd. 

"Appa?" Daehyun's eyes widened at your words. He looked up to the person ahead of you guys within just a few meters. It was your father. Daehyun grabbed your arm and started running the other way. 

"Daehyun!" You were trying to make him stop. He took you to the bus stop and you stood there trying to catch your breath. "Waegerae?" You asked looking at his worried face. 

"Anya.. It's just getting .. crowded so .. it's better to leave" He said taking deep breaths between his words. 

"So you had to run?" 

"I saw a girl who is overly obsessed with me, if she saw me she'll follow us everywhere do you want that?" He said making up another lie. 

"Anyo.." You said. It was kind of funny. You wanted to hold in your laugh but you let it out eventually. 

"Yah, you think its funny?" He said with a smile, but trying to sound serious. He was smiling at the fact that he made you laugh. 

"Nae, it's so funny" You said chuckling at what he said before. He gave you a light flick on your forehead and chuckled. 

 

You both got into the bus and were heading to the very back. 

"I'm taking the window's seat!" You said running ahead of him. He chuckled and sat beside you. You were trying to tie the chain to your phone but your fingers were too small. He chuckled as he took it from you. He was trying hard to tie it to your phone. You were talking the whole time until you noticed he wasn't even listening.

"Daehyun-shi?" You said.

"Mm" He said still trying to tie the chain to your phone. 

"Kwenchana I'll do it later" You said wanting to grab your phone and chain.

"Tsk" He elbowed you. You looked at his focused face and chuckled. He looked so focused. It's been like 8 minutes until- 

"AHA! I did it" He said making you jump. He smiled proudly looking at the result. 

"Cha" he said handing it to you. 

"Gomawo" You said accepting it. You took his phone and his chain. You tried to tie the chain to his phone. 

"Yah, you won't be able to -oh!" He said sounding confident at first but then losing it in seconds. You had tied it to his phone in less than 5 minutes. You were also shocked at your result. You looked at him shocked and burst out laughing. 

"I did it faster than you!" You said teasing

"Anya, it's just.. IT'S CAUSE YOU HAVE SMALL FINGERS." You laughed at his cute excuse and looked out the window smiling. Daehyun smiled. He looked at you then looked straight and gathered all his confidence. *Why do I feel so nervous?.. it feels like how we first started* 

"Did you have fun.. today" He said. You turned to him then he turned to you. 

"Mm. Gomawo. It's one of the best days I've had so far" You said smiling

"Ch. Yah. We didn't do much, stop saying that to make me feel good" He said sensing you were just being nice.

"Anyaaa chincha! I haven't been going out a lot in 3 years since I didn't have friends. I'm glad I made friends with a good person like you. Even though our start wasn't very good" You said chuckling. He smiled brightly at what you said. *I'm glad we found eachother again* 

 

You both entered the house feeling so tired. You jumped and layed down on the couch. 

"ahh so tired." You said. Daehyun chuckled and made his way to the kitchen. He started cooking for you a simple dinner. He made some rice and beef and some veggies. You sensed the smell of food and you opened your eyes. You got up and slowly walked up to the kitchens door. You watched him from his back cooking the food. Your heart started beating a little bit faster. *why am I like this..?* You placed your hand over your heart but then walked back to the couch. You shrugged off that feeling and closed your eyes again. 

"Soyeon" He shook you. You opened your eyes slowly at first call. 

"Get up and eat dinner" Daehyun said smiling. You got up and walked to the kitchen. You sat on the table as he put the bowl of rice in front of you. Your eyes widened excitedly at the sight of beef, but then sadenned at the sight of vegetables. 

You ate the beef and the rice and left out the vegetables. Daehyun looked at what you were eating. He placed some vegetables on your rice. 

"You have to eat vegetables. You're body is really weak." He said with a hint of care. You chewed on the vegetables with a scrunched face. Daehyun laughed at your reaction. You layed down on the couch and looked at Daehyun who was sitting on the chair opposite you. 

"Gomawo Daehyun, for today" you said smiling. "And I'm sorry for being such a burden" You said closing your eyes as you drifted off to sleep. Daehyun smiled and got up off his seat. He walked upstairs to your room and got a blanket. He stopped in his tracks before leaving the room and turned around. He walked up to find baby books on your desk. He opened them up and saw that you were learning how to read and write. He saw the date and it was 2 years ago. He looked over to the shelf to see more advanced books. You have improved so much more than in the other books. You were at the advanced level now, which was normal. *this is my fault.* he put the books away heartbroken. He took one last glance at your room and left downstairs. 

 

He covered you with a blanket and placed a pillow under your head. He starred at you for a while. "Mianhae.. Goongjoo" 

He grabbed his coat and walked off. 

 

You opened your eyes from the sun's rays and you sat up stretching your arms out. You looked around and Daehyun wasn't there. *Aish.. I fell asleep.. Babo* You scolded yourself. You stood up and walked up to bathroom for washup. While you were brushing your teeth you noticed a note sticking on your mirror. You grabbed it with your toothbrush still in your mouth. 

Don't forget to eat breakfast!~

-Daehyun, the most handsome

You chuckled at his sillyness. It's nice to see how comfortable you were around eachother, even though it was only after a day. After you washed up you walked down stairs and grabbed your coat. You walked out of the house and locked the door behind you. 

"Ahjumma! 2 of these please!" You pointed at the fishcakes. 

"Oh, you're here again" The ahjumma replied smiling. 

"Naee~" You chuckled. 

"What about your boyfriend?" She said handing you the cakes. 

"ah.. He's not here today.." You said. *Wait what? I was supposed to tell her he wasn't my boyfriend. Aish. You did it again Soyeon* 

You payed for the bill and walked down the streets of Seoul. You enjoyed the weather today but you were starting to get bored. *It's getting lonely again* You let out a sigh and headed back home. 

 

"AGASHI" You heard someone yell as soon as the door opened. Kim Eungi is back. 

"Yah, how did you get in?" You said sounding worried. She showed you the spare key she had. Ah right, your forgot. 

"Where did you go? Alone." She said. Oh god. 

"To eat breakfast" You simply replied. Eungi's eyes widened. 

"Did I hear that right?" 

"Hear what right? Breakfast? Wae, you didn't have any?" You replied.

"Park Soyeon. You ate breakfast?" she said walking up to you. You nodded. 

"How.. yah, who got you to do it?" She said.

"Daehyun-shi" Kim Eungi starred blankly. 

"mwoh" She said rather quietly.

"I made friends with a guy called Daehyun, he convinced me on eating breakfast by taking me to an amazing stand down the street" You said smiling with all your heart. *If her father finds out.. I'm going to be dead* 

"A-ahh.. That's nice.. Is he a good person..?" She asked hesitating.

"Nae, he's so nice. Ah right! I got two of my memories back!" 

"CHINCHA?!" Her eyes widened in excitement. 

"Nae!" You said, eye-smiling. You explained to her how you got them and what they were. *I guess her hanging out around Daehyun isn't bad as I thought. She seems different. Like she is happy* Eungi smiled. 

"See! I told you not to give up! Wahh I'm so proud of you" She said. She may be annoying at times but you still loved her. She was like a mother you never had, or at least thought you didn't... 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Why did Daehyun not want to be seen by her father? You'll find out in the next chapters! So as you can tell by the last sentence, there is also going to be so many things about her family that you will find out later on in the story. It includes her mother, father, and even Daehyun is involved! I don't mean to spoil it for you it's just a head's up for the upcoming chapters! I hope you guys liked this chapter! I will update soon! Stay tuned! Annyong! ^^