Chapter 12

Forgotten Memories

"Waegurae..(what's wrong)" He asked looking at you. You noticed you were staring at him for so long while thinking. You blinked and looked away. 

"Is it the flavor? I'll go get you another one" He said standing up. 

"Anyo" You held onto his wrist. "It's just.. I was thinking" You slid your hand off of his wrist. He sat back down.

"I know you got some of your memories back, but you need to stop thinking.. You need some rest" He said calmy. 

"How can I rest knowing that there's so much more to know behind the misery of the memories I got" Daehyun looked into your eyes for a few seconds then looked away. 

"What kind of memories" He said looking back at you. He knew he shouldn't have asked, but he wanted to at least try and comfort you. 

"My dad had to do with my mother's death" You said simply with no emotion. Daehyun stared at you. *She's gotten her memories back fast..* Daehyun nodded as in 'go on'. 

"My father is a cheater. My 'best friend' betrayed me with the guy I loved.. and the guy I loved liked cheesecake" You said looking at the ceiling. Daehyun's heart started beating fast. He was both nervous and happy.

"Ah. I also had a dream about people beating up what you call 'my loved one' " You turned to face Daehyun. He blinked quickly and  gulped looking away. "I couldn't see his face though" You said sighing and looking back up at the ceiling. Daehyun didn't utter a word. 

"I know. My life right?" You said smiling and turning to him. He kept quiet. 

"You see even you-" You were smiling until he interupted.

"Ani. My life was worse.." You looked at his sad eyes. 

"Wae?" You said turning your full body to face him. 

"Well, as you know, I was a gangster. There was a time when I played the girl I loved. I ruined her life by letting her end up in a world surrounded with darkness. All she could do was try to figure things out her self.." He said. He then looked at you. 

"And what's worse. I could only watch." He said with his twinkling eyes. Your smile was slid down to a straight face. 

"Was she pretty?" You said feeling a little jealous. 

"She's the most beautiful person I know" He said trying to smile. Your phone started vibrating. You grabbed it from the table. 

Youngjae

You answered the phone. 

"Yobuseyo?" 

"Soyeon-ah! Why didn't you answer the phone! It's been over a week!" He said sounding worried.

"Oppa, I'm at the hospital." Daehyun looked up at you. *Youngjae* You explained that you collapsed but you didn't mention you getting your memories back. Once the call ended you looked at Daehyun.

"Daehyun" He looked up at you. 

"Don't tell anyone about me getting my memories back.. I don't want them to know" You said not sure if you should trust him. 

"Kokjongma (Don't worry), I won't tell anyone" he smiled. He stood up from his seat. 

"Don't go! I don't want to be alone" you said grabbing his wrist again. 

"Isn't Youngjae coming?" He said. 

"He's coming in a few hours, so stay until he comes" He looked at your sincere eyes. He couldn't say no. 

"Then get up and walk for exercise. You've been laying down for five days" He said scolding you. You pouted. He laughed a little and went to go get the nurse. She took the wires off of you and you walked around the hospital with Daehyun. You saw some family freaking out. The mother was grabbing the guy from his shirt.

"YOU KILLED MY DAUGHTER, YOU KILLED HER YOU MURDERER" She was shaking the man until the police came and took him away. You felt your head throbbing and you remembered the memories again, except they were all muddled up. They came in weird colors too. 

"YOU KILLED HER YOU MURDERER WHAT KIND OF A FATHE-" You got a slap in the face before you could continue talking. You fell down on your knees with your tears still falling down. 

He grabbed a vase and threw it on the ground infront of you. You screamed and covered your ears. You sobbed so much. 

"DON'T" You screamed and shut your eyes tight.

You held onto your head and you started falling. You fell towards Daehyun's chest and he held you quickly. 

"Soyeon!" You lifted your head up. You saw two of him until they both became one again. 

"Kwenchana?" He said still holding on to you. You nodded and stood up straight slowly. 

"Let's go back to the room" He said holding your shoulders and turning you around. You shrugged him off with very little power. 

"Shireo(I don't want to). I want to walk around" You said. 

"Soyeon-ah, you need rest" He said worried. 

"I have been resting for five days!" You said whining. 

"Arrasseo.. but it won't be long" He said allowing you to walk by your self now. He noticed why you collapsed and it was from that family. He took you outside to the hospitals park. You saw the bench where Youngjae woke you up from. You felt a little smile form on your lips. 

"Daehyun" He turned to you.

"How do you know when you like someone?" He stared at you with soft eyes. You felt like you sounded stupid. *You're 20 and you don't know?* You scolded yourself. 

"Ani, it's just.. I think I forgot how that feels" You said. He sat on the bench and patted the seat beside him. You sat down awkwardly. 

"Your heart starts beating fast around them, You think about them all day, and you like everything about them, even their flaws." he said looking at you smiling. *I Haven't thought of anyone for the whole day..* 

"Did you get one of these feelings?" He said looking at you. You shook your head. 

"Hm.. Then, the person who you think of in the sad songs, is who you like" You nodded understandingly, he smiled. But once you turned away his smile slipped down to a frown slowly. *Don't fall in love, it'll hurt you* 

 

You entered the room and layed down on bed. Daehyun covered you with the blanket. 

"Mwoyah.. Treating me like a baby. Psh" You said pouting. 

"It's because you're clumsy" he said laughing. Just then the door opened. Youngjae entered the room and smiled at you. His eyes then drifted to Daehyun and they became cold. Daehyun had a straight face on. Daehyun turned back to you. 

"I think I should get going now. Don't think too much arrasseo?" he said smiling. You nodded and smiled back. 

"Gomawo" You said. He nodded and turned around. He bowed a little at Youngjae to show respect because you were there. He left the room. Youngjae sat on the edge of the bed. 

"Think about what?" He said holding your hand. 

"Just.. I was put back on the project for my dad's company, and now I'm in charge" You said sounding normal as ever. 

"Don't stress yourself so much about it. If you need help I'm here." He said smiling. You smiled back thanking him. Daehyun looked at Youngjae holding onto your hand from the small window in the door. He half smiled. *That's what I used to be able to do*. He walked away looking at the ground the whole time. He bumped into someone. 

"YAH! Do you not see where you're going?" It was a woman. He turned around and bowed. His eyes widened. 

"Oh.. oppa" It was Yoomi. Her nose was covered with plasters and stuff. Daehyun smirked. 

"Plastic surgery?" She covered her nose with her hands. 

"Don't tell anyone" She said threatning. 

"Everyone knows how fake you are, so nothing new" He said spitting back. 

"Oppa.. Can we at least pretend to be together?" She said trying to sound sad. 

"What does that have to do with this?"

"Oppa please! You know how much I love you! I loved you before the layed her eyes on you!" She said raising her tone. Daehyun just stared at her pissed. "And I'm prettier!!" she said holding onto the ends of her hair.

"Dog is more real than you ever will be" He turned around and walked away. 

"YAH JUNG DAEHYUN" She screamed stomping her feet. 

*Flash back* 

"YAH JUNG DAEHYUN-"

*BEEEEEEEP*

He stopped walking in his tracks. 

"DAEHYUN!" She screamed. Everyone turned looking at her. Daehyun continued walking away and left the hospital. 

 

A few days later you were discharged from the hospital and now you were working again. You recieved your own office. You went through meetings and stamping papers and almost everything else that could the life out of you. You were sitting in your office until your father came in. 

"How is my daughter doing" He said smiling walking up to your desk. 

"YOU KILLED HER YOU MURDERER WHAT KIND OF A FATHE-" You got a slap in the face before you could continue talking. You fell down on your knees with your tears still falling down. 

"Good" You smiled. He sat on the chair infront of your desk. You were discusted by his presince. Your phone rang. "Hello this is Park Soyeon" 
 
"Nae, I'll be there now." You ended the call. "I need to go I have a meeting." You stood up and left with your files in your hands. 
 
You entered the meeting's room. You sat at the end of the table in the middle, as you were the one in charge. The meeting was about improving the hospital that the company owns. 
 
"It needs to be more welcoming" You said. You explained the details through a powerpoint. 
 
"We're also going to be bringing doctors from all over the world. They'll be high skilled doctors and we will be raising up the doctors and nurses salaries."
 
"Miss. Soyeon. The project is too much of a big change. And it might not be successful, plus it's going to cost millions!" Said one of the men. 
 
"And where will the other doctors go after getting replaced?" Another man said. 
 
"Some of the doctors are lacking skills. After some are being replaced, these doctors will go through some more training then will be put back in the hospital." You replied with all confidence.
 
"Where will we get the money?" A woman said. 
 
"The company has earned a lot from its luxurious resort that's located in Jeju Island. We have enough for the project. Ah. And the hospital fees will be decreased." You said. Everyone was now whispering and looked unsatisfied. 
 
"But Miss. Soyeon. The hospital will then be less luxurious and more of a normal hospital.." 
 
"Since when were hospitals about being luxurious?" Everyone went quiet. 
 
"A hospital is a place where doctors save other people's lives. There are many people who need help but can't afford the fees." You said. Your father came into the room and stoody by the door watching. 
 
"And the more skilled the doctor.. the less chance of a child, a brother, a sister.." Your eyes drifted to your dad. "Or a mother being taken away from their family.." Your fathers smile slid down to a frown. You kept starring at him. 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hey guys! I was reading your lovely comments and I swear I was fangirling. I was so happy to see that you liked my story! Thankyou so much for the support! It motivated me to type up another chapter for you guys. Thankyou guys so much and stay tuned for updates! Annyong^^ 
 
 
 

HIS SMILE ASDFGHJKL;